Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5912 5913 [5914] 5915 5916 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446257 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88695 on: February 19, 2015, 10:58:39 am »

Last two episodes of Bebop. Feel train incoming :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88696 on: February 19, 2015, 11:19:39 am »

Two lifetimes.
Share your secrets with me, gifted one.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88697 on: February 19, 2015, 11:40:45 am »

He's hoping he gets at least one lifetime in heaven after death before hebgets banished to hell where they will reside.

Today I am sad because sad. I seem incapable of not moping.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88698 on: February 19, 2015, 12:26:47 pm »

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2015/02/18/hamline_william_mitchell_merger_the_law_school_bust_claims_its_first_victim.html

Say it with me now kids, "Don't go to law school!" They called me crazy, but once again I'm right.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88699 on: February 19, 2015, 12:37:47 pm »

When I woke up this morning, I felt really good.
I felt happy. I honestly thought "Maybe, I'll actually be able to accomplish something today."
I was appreciative of the good things in life.

And then, like it was on some kind of cosmic cue, things just had to be fucking destroyed.
I've had to miss 2 days of work because of snow, and I'm going to miss 3 more days, after talking to my employer.
This is, according to my family, my fault.
It's my fault that I don't have the energy to shovel out 40 feet of driveway, because they are not willing to help.
It's also my fault that my wife's hair is tangled, because she refuses to take care of it herself, and expects me to do it for her.
It's my fault that we're running low on food to eat, because I can't get out to a store, even though I did get to a store when this started, by walking, because I couldn't get the car out, and nobody cared that I nearly fainted while doing so from exhaustion.

And then it got into me not being empathetic enough, and that she's so fucking compassionate compared to me.

I really hate it when people think that they can be the judge of their own character, and ignore people who say they don't know themselves as much as they want to think they do.

The greatest icing on the cake was "At least you aren't still living with your parents, trying to force you to shovel a huge driveway while insulting you."

At least there's that, right?

Compassion.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88700 on: February 19, 2015, 12:39:49 pm »

I'm still calling you crazy for not considering a career change yet.

Why the hell is that so expensive, anyway? Teaching law doesn't sound like a large drain on capital to me.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88701 on: February 19, 2015, 12:46:46 pm »

I'm still calling you crazy for not considering a career change yet.

Why the hell is that so expensive, anyway? Teaching law doesn't sound like a large drain on capital to me.

Control of info and potential profit of teachers coupled with the bureaucracy involved.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #88702 on: February 19, 2015, 01:10:25 pm »

-snip-
...That is not compassion.
A 'please help me' there would help. Asking that would nudge the... 'compassion'. :-\

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2015/02/18/hamline_william_mitchell_merger_the_law_school_bust_claims_its_first_victim.html

Say it with me now kids, "Don't go to law school!" They called me crazy, but once again I'm right.
Not everywhere is there or that. :-\
There are many ways to combat the poor attitudes creating a plague for any society--dissuading a possible course which is tied to such efforts...isn't right ._.
Though dear goodness, the lack of thorough thought is a big factor causing these problems.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88703 on: February 19, 2015, 01:17:41 pm »

-snip-
...That is not compassion.
A 'please help me' there would help. Asking that would nudge the... 'compassion'. :-\
I've tried.
They say that they're too sick to do it, so I have to do it myself. And me pointing out that I don't have the energy for it means nothing, because it "needs to be done", and clearly, they can't do anything about it, so it's my fault.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #88704 on: February 19, 2015, 02:04:24 pm »

Suddenly remembered that its Chinese New Year. Had eggs and bacon for breakfast. Feeling kinda ill now.
It's FEF, not FEOF

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88705 on: February 19, 2015, 03:04:12 pm »

Just read in the news, a 3 year old in Toronto got out of his families apartment and died in the cold today. Stories like that just make my gut drop. It's every parents worst nightmare, waking up and your kid is gone.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #88706 on: February 19, 2015, 03:05:28 pm »

What about falling with them in your hand and cracking their skull and calling an ambulance while you know it's hopeless.

Like I'm not even a parent but I keep thinking about this scenario.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88707 on: February 19, 2015, 03:09:53 pm »

Ok, yes, that's super terrifying too (but not very likely I think, babys are rather hardy things, and your parental instincts would like cause you to significantly injure yourself before even thinking of risking the baby). I think this situation is worse though because of the unknown element. The build of terror as you scour the house calling their name louder and louder. The sudden drop of the gut as you notice the front door open. The panic when they're nowhere in sight.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88708 on: February 19, 2015, 03:11:57 pm »

Honestly I'm kinda surprised that school wasn't cancelled in my county today. It was -4 degrees outside, without windchill.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88709 on: February 19, 2015, 03:13:54 pm »

Honestly I'm kinda surprised that school wasn't cancelled in my county today. It was -4 degrees outside, without windchill.
They only ever cancel schools up here when the driving is unsafe, cold be damned. However, we're used to the cold, not sure where you're at.
Pages: 1 ... 5912 5913 [5914] 5915 5916 ... 8167