Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5893 5894 [5895] 5896 5897 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429931 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88410 on: February 15, 2015, 07:14:55 am »

been feeling bleh and listless all day.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88411 on: February 15, 2015, 07:18:18 am »

I don't really crush on people. I have rather high standards. I might get an occasional infatuation that lasts a week at most with someone of high interest, buuuut I make sure to not do anything involving the person till the infatuation wears off. Best not to have impaired judgement.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #88412 on: February 15, 2015, 07:40:27 am »

Crushes almost exclusively come along when you're in a relationship or its with someone you're uninterested in pursuing a non-friend relationship with, I've found. They're a highly emotional and highly illogical thing (like most emotional stuff. There's a reason we're not completely emotional or logical) that comes along every so often and often makes you beat yourself up somewhat.
...Weird, extremely different from what I feel. @_@
Though I've never felt illogical attachment and all. The people I've met are totally cool :D

Sad: SurpriseBrowserCrash!
Goodbye many, many B12 tabs -.-
Good thing was that the tabs were recovered.
Bad thing was the content within said tabs (ie POSTS POSTS POSTS//SEND MESSAGES) are toast. :'(

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88413 on: February 15, 2015, 09:46:31 am »

???
I don't think a crush has to be when that person is unavailable.
Back when I was in school, and single, I crushed on a few people, and most of them were single at the time. I never did anything about it, but I could have.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88414 on: February 15, 2015, 10:19:45 am »

Crushes are your brain's way of being stupid whilst trying to justify it with butterflies in the stomach and going 'BUT YOU LOOOOVE THEM!'
Err ._.
There's something wrong with appreciating someone else when you're already appreciating someone mutually?

It generally leads to violence, so... Yeah.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88415 on: February 15, 2015, 12:35:36 pm »

I'm currently on a massive nostalgia kick for the old city-civ games back in the Dos days like Castles.
It sucks that there just isn't a market for this stuff anymore, I've been digging so hard to try and find a modern one.

Guess it's time to go play Banished whilst sighing into my coffee.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #88416 on: February 15, 2015, 12:43:01 pm »

I'm listening to Sabaton and realising just how badly I miss wargaming. Nothing quite like lining up hundred of little lead people and spending four hours rolling dice and painstakingly measuring out inches to simulate the grand scope of pre-battle strategy and battle tactics.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88417 on: February 15, 2015, 01:01:31 pm »

I got done watching "It's a girl" on Netflix, a documentary about how the cultural pressure in India and China to have boys instead of girls leads to a lot of abortions, abandonment, and infanticide of female babies. It's creating a whole host of societal problems, and it's really depressing. It seems so crazy, you'd think something like that would eventually lead to what is basically a suicide of their whole culture as the ratio of men to women becomes so lopsided as to be unsustainable.

Here's to hoping.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88418 on: February 15, 2015, 01:08:50 pm »

I got done watching "It's a girl" on Netflix, a documentary about how the cultural pressure in India and China to have boys instead of girls leads to a lot of abortions, abandonment, and infanticide of female babies. It's creating a whole host of societal problems, and it's really depressing. It seems so crazy, you'd think something like that would eventually lead to what is basically a suicide of their whole culture as the ratio of men to women becomes so lopsided as to be unsustainable.

Here's to hoping.
... That they stop doing that?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88419 on: February 15, 2015, 01:13:35 pm »

Here's to hoping.
... That they stop doing that?

That it cataclysmically collapses the misogyny embedded in their culture.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88420 on: February 15, 2015, 01:17:40 pm »

I'm listening to Sabaton and realising just how badly I miss wargaming. Nothing quite like lining up hundred of little lead people and spending four hours rolling dice and painstakingly measuring out inches to simulate the grand scope of pre-battle strategy and battle tactics.
Most of the wargaming I play is won on the paper before models touch the table.
Past that it's just good or bad luck.

Tactics? Pah.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #88421 on: February 15, 2015, 01:22:41 pm »

When you're playing with an army you've never seen before in your life, and you barely know your opponent's too, it becomes much more critical to get the tactics nailed down.

Of course, sometimes Lady Luck does screw you over and a peasant instakills your Commander in Chief by rolling a six against your one causing an entire battalion to break. True story; I was so angry. Or another fun one from one of my friends: his heavy infantry were almost entirely surrounded by archers (his opponent was rolling literally handfuls of dice each turn), but he took no casualties.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #88422 on: February 15, 2015, 01:34:41 pm »

My acne cream has transformed into rubber.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88423 on: February 15, 2015, 01:37:02 pm »

My acne cream has transformed into rubber.
Does it bounce?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #88424 on: February 15, 2015, 01:42:33 pm »

Is it Flubber?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5893 5894 [5895] 5896 5897 ... 8167