Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5883 5884 [5885] 5886 5887 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435079 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88260 on: February 12, 2015, 02:55:03 pm »

The EFF were forcibly removed from parliament by SAPS officers. South Africa is now more a fascist state than a constitutional democracy.

The struggle leaders must be turning in their graves.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #88261 on: February 12, 2015, 03:03:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #88262 on: February 12, 2015, 03:20:48 pm »

Well, the Toad has spoken.
Rage thread probably won't be back.
Poor choice of words in meeting a situation, and a hasty judgement of intent as a response to that...equaled a much-so-uneasy situation in those involved. :-\

Repeating a note spoken in the [thread done by Bohandas which somehow lacked a lot of rules in the OP and was edited due to...being against the guidelines], well-meant notes meant to guide others should not be done with the provocation of anger; if anger is needed, may it be detailed and apparent that it is against the attitude, and not collaterally against the person, due to the superficiality of labels in describing a person.

All meant well. The wording proved a weak point.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #88263 on: February 12, 2015, 03:29:03 pm »

Whenever I open my mouth lately, my brain just says "No, that's shit, you're shit, shut up and never say anything ever again" and I become super shy and awkward even around people that have been my best friends for years. It's high school all over again.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88264 on: February 12, 2015, 03:37:29 pm »

Whenever I open my mouth lately, my brain just says "No, that's shit, you're shit, shut up and never say anything ever again" and I become super shy and awkward even around people that have been my best friends for years. It's high school all over again.
That's conditioning from what you've experienced (presumably continuously and over an elongated period of time) :-\ [is the common inference for me, anyway; it holds up, in 99%+ of the people I've talked about on it though...which is a lot.]
NOT exactly what your brain sincerely thinks.
REALLY PROBABLY exactly what it has kept on experiencing--rather an 'uncertain' memory from the past which seems so..."normal" that it seems like your own thoughts.
Its a common case with many people, those thoughts.  :-\
Its a common case that isn't really true. :'(
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:41:11 pm by Tiruin »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88265 on: February 12, 2015, 03:42:26 pm »

I've been ridiculously stressed-out lately for no apparent reason. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't rest, I could only dash around in a vaguely foreboding anticipation of some indescribable trouble. This makes me sad.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88266 on: February 12, 2015, 03:46:20 pm »

I believe one thing that I think is very important and I think other people would be better off believing. 

The brain always lies.  ALWAYS LIES.  I try to ignore my brain as much as possible because most of the time its out to get you.  People who listen to their brain to much are the people who believe in harmonic crystal energies and homeopathy.  They think that just because their brain told them something, it must be true.  You got to take everything your brain tells you with a heaping dose of scepticism. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:54:52 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88267 on: February 12, 2015, 03:52:20 pm »

I believe one thing that I think is very important and I think other people would be better off believing. 

The brain always lies.  ALWAYS LIES.  I try to ignore my brain as much as possible because most of the time its out to get you.  People who listen to their brain to much are the people who believe in harmonic crystal energies and homeopathy.  They think that just because their brain told them something, it must be true.  You got to take everything your brain tells you with a heaping dose of scepticism.
You talking to me?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88268 on: February 12, 2015, 03:54:04 pm »

Whoops, no.  That was directed to itisnotlogical.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88269 on: February 12, 2015, 03:54:41 pm »

Ah, okay.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88270 on: February 12, 2015, 04:15:48 pm »

Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88271 on: February 12, 2015, 04:17:46 pm »

Ya need a better choice of words there buddy x3
Something that doesn't generalize, anyway, lest the wrong idea be inculcated.
...Because I pretty much am the orange part. Though in honesty, I approach many things with curiosity and inquisitiveness. xD Plus the suspension of judgement in particularly delicate situations. Like 8 years of trauma~
But yeah ._.
Heaving skepticism on...literally every thought ya have is...unhealthy. Its a thing the Early Greek Philosophers did. It wasn't healthy back then either, but they did prove it wasn't healthy. :P Also hi Knit. Hope you heal up well. Try to look back in yer recent history as to probable stressors. It may either likely be academic/deadline worries and the lacking work done to finishing them causing the stress...but that's just me and tinytext.

That, or I can't parse jokes ._. argh!

PPE: AHH, NOO

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88272 on: February 12, 2015, 04:18:50 pm »

But Levi.... you were your brain all along!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88273 on: February 12, 2015, 04:21:06 pm »

But Levi.... you were your brain all along!

Lies!  That couldn't be me, its so wrinkled and ugly!   :P

Ya need a better choice of words there buddy x3
Something that doesn't generalize, anyway, lest the wrong idea be inculcated.
...Because I pretty much am the orange part. Though in honesty, I approach many things with curiosity and inquisitiveness. xD Plus the suspension of judgement in particularly delicate situations. Like 8 years of trauma~
But yeah ._.
Heaving skepticism on...literally every thought ya have is...unhealthy. Its a thing the Early Greek Philosophers did. It wasn't healthy back then either, but they did prove it wasn't healthy. :P Also hi Knit. Hope you heal up well. Try to look back in yer recent history as to probable stressors. It may either likely be academic/deadline worries and the lacking work done to finishing them causing the stress...but that's just me and tinytext.

I stand by what I said.  :)  Its exaggerated and obviously you use your brain all the time, but there is a ridiculous amount of random noise that should be ignored, and too many people don't.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:24:59 pm by Levi »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #88274 on: February 12, 2015, 04:40:25 pm »

Welp, there goes my spotless criminal record. The university has decided to finally start enforcing it's rule about bikes on the main pathway on weekdays, and they brought in the IPD to do it. The officer was very nice, and since it's a first offense all I have to do is take an online seminar, but looks like that's the end of my biking everyday.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 5883 5884 [5885] 5886 5887 ... 8167