Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5875 5876 [5877] 5878 5879 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439546 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88140 on: February 10, 2015, 04:42:53 pm »

why oh why do i have to have the guy i used to crush on sitting in my calculus class staring at me and silently laughing at how i'm a pathetic failure who doesn't deserve him
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88141 on: February 10, 2015, 04:48:36 pm »

why oh why do i have to have the guy i used to crush on sitting in my calculus class staring at me and silently laughing at how i'm a pathetic failure who doesn't deserve him
Wrong.  You're the success who got him.
  Its in fact that very humility that is attractive to many. ;)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #88142 on: February 10, 2015, 06:12:50 pm »

I need to go out to get a refill on my antidepressant. I don't want to go out. But I need to go out. But I don't want to.

uuuuuuuurgh.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88143 on: February 10, 2015, 06:16:11 pm »

Made myself sad by thinking about the wrong people to not be sad.
Nice job me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88144 on: February 10, 2015, 07:01:10 pm »

Made myself sad by thinking about the wrong people to not be sad.
Nice job me.

how the hell are you sad with that avatar
that shit makes me chortle every time I see it

And stealing from Cracked videos is fucking low (unless it's After Hours because that is some cash shit).

I totally only remembered the comparison and not the exact words. It's a good comparison :D

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88145 on: February 10, 2015, 07:03:58 pm »

how the hell are you sad with that avatar
that shit makes me chortle every time I see it
It is perfectly normal to me now. Even when I look away from the screen there's a little Jean wiggling away in the corner of my vision.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88146 on: February 10, 2015, 07:45:24 pm »

-snep-

Ouch, that's a rough spot to be in. Try to forget that noise if you can; when I feel like dwelling on doubts about myself, or get stuck imagining other people ridiculing me for whatever, I try to shift focus to ways I can (and things I've done to) improve whatever I'm feeling insecure about. Also, if he really is quietly judging you, you probably wouldn't want to be with him anyway; dating someone who genuinely looks down on you is the recipe for a lot of Extremely Bad Relationships. And it's generally a pretty crappy thing to do to anyone! >:|

Two of my best friends just broke up, messily.

we'll probably never be able to hang out with them in the same group again.
Dating a girl or guy that you're good friends with is like having an old sweater. It's comfortable, you take it everywhere you go, and you miss it when you don't have it.

But who in their right mind fucks their sweater

That sucks... but at least you can still hang out with your friends, and maybe even meet new people with them? It might not be all bad. It's hard when groups fragment like that, but I Hope you can stay friends with them, and avoid any resulting politics.

As for the second bit, I've had better luck dating friends than acquaintances, and only once lost a friend afterward. I've also asked friends out after misreading their signals, had an embarrassing but honest conversation with them, and we hugged and stayed friends too- though game nights felt kinda awkward for the next few weeks. That kind of breakup probably works best if you're up-front about your feelings, are willing to talk about what didn't work and can accept responsibility as necessary, and set a clear expectation of what your relationship will and will not be in the future. I can't promise hanging out with an ex won't ever feel awkward or bad, but it really can work out just fine.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88147 on: February 10, 2015, 07:54:06 pm »

This would be the third pair that's broken it off

Pair #1 broke up because the boy couldn't stand the girl's materialism, nor could he stand the fact that she was a majour horndog, and would bitch constantly about the fact that he never wanted to have sex with her (He's of the state of mind that he wants to save himself for marriage). The guy really doesn't like the girl anymore, and she's too immature to stand being around him.

Pair #2 broke up because the boy, who was a huge shrinking violet, was being emotionally abused by the girl. I'm talking hardcore, like wouldn't talk to him for several months and blamed all the relationship problems on her. After he confided in me that she was driving him down a very dark path, I told him he should break up with her. A month later, he did. She hates him because he reminds her that she's not perfect (though she's man enough to at least be around him for short times), and he hates her because she was a bitch to her.

The newest pair broke up because the boy started acting like a huge asshole after a while of not having me around to keep his ass in check, and started pushing on her to do some uncomfortable things. She got fed up and broke it off, and now he refuses to believe that the relationship is over.

I am best friends with all six of these people, fuck me right?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:11:24 pm by ggamer »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88148 on: February 10, 2015, 08:50:35 pm »

If nothing else, if they're that mutually toxic, it's probably better for them to not be around each other at all, let alone in a relationship together. Sounds like unresolved personal issues at work, with some general Growth to be done all around. Hopefully they've better figured themselves out after all this... but it's still hard.

Probably a difficult time to be a friend to them, but an important one too; it feels awful to suddenly lose friends. Good luck.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #88149 on: February 10, 2015, 09:43:25 pm »

He isn't someone to crush on when its obviously (and pretty much unconditionally/evidently) proven that he's being a jerk to you. :-\
And/or you should do a bit of self-analysis and check what attributes the people you crush on = someone that matters.
I mean, you did mention before that you have a crush on a girl. :O

(Also seriously, don't mind him or give him the same level of importance which you had initially put onto him--the longer you get to know others, the more you know about them. However 'tis best to judge his...attitude at least, as immaturity, given all that...condescending qualities he's giving you. That doesn't mean he'll suddenly change however--its the beliefs he has (attached to an association) which maintain that kind of outlook.)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #88150 on: February 10, 2015, 10:12:49 pm »

I bet that's how the Hulk make decisions.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88151 on: February 10, 2015, 10:19:29 pm »

There's definitely some control. You can choose to not think about someone or choose to interact with someone more.

Of course, there are those people that's it's difficult not to like for whatever reason.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #88152 on: February 10, 2015, 10:21:55 pm »

I bet that's how the Hulk make decisions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That was exactly what I was thinking of.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #88153 on: February 10, 2015, 10:23:39 pm »

Well, I sort of dislike him now, the main problem is that I really wish I could impress him and make him regret being a shithead to me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88154 on: February 10, 2015, 10:35:19 pm »

You can choose to not think about someone
[citation needed]
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 5875 5876 [5877] 5878 5879 ... 8167