Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5869 5870 [5871] 5872 5873 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446365 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88050 on: February 08, 2015, 09:28:23 pm »

Made some corn fritters for my lunch today. Normally that'd be a happy thing but they were terrible.

I think you meant facebook x3
Unless its somehow Facetime and I'm totally out of sync with the lingo of my(-ish) generation :V
It's all right, Tiruin, I have no idea what they're talking about either.

First you must commence the rites of communication, initiated with the sacrifice of a half dozen virgins...

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88051 on: February 08, 2015, 09:36:25 pm »

I just pulled a muscle in my neck and now I can barely move it without extreme pain.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88052 on: February 08, 2015, 09:52:52 pm »

I just pulled a muscle in my neck and now I can barely move it without extreme pain.

That sucks. Take it easy, try to avoid doing things that hurt, and be patient with your body as it heals. Showers and sleeping on a firm surface (the floor, sandstone cliffs in Kentucky) helped me. If back doctors are an option, or it really doesn't diminish, [insert the thing everyone says about getting a doctor's opinion, plus general disclaimers about taking advice from the internet]

P.S. A timely Life Advice thread.

I think you meant facebook x3
Unless its somehow Facetime and I'm totally out of sync with the lingo of my(-ish) generation :V

If it's any consolation, my technologically-challenged aunt was using Facetime for years before I even knew what it was. Was wondering if it was some kind of expression-based clock.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #88053 on: February 08, 2015, 10:04:19 pm »

Well, today was great... I love betrayal.

So, my girlfriend and her best friend, they are basically sisters... Or at least were. They did everything together, lived in each other's houses for weeks at a time, their families practically adopted each other. And her "sister" hates me because my girlfriend isn't spending enough time with her because I'm in the way. (Even though they still see each other every day, and sleep over half the week.)

My girlfriend has been stuck at home for a few months taking care of her baby brother from 6am to 6pm every weekday because her mom doesn't want to pay for a daycare. So, during exam break I went over to her place every day and take her out on a date, to the zoo, or a restaurant, stuff like that. And we brought her "sister" and baby brother along, because her "sister" refused to let us go alone, and we couldn't just leave the baby home alone.
We had to keep it a secret that we were going out though, because her mom detests me to the point where she would rather have her daughter spend 20 minutes walking home when it's -30°C and a blizzard outside then have me spend a few minutes driving her home. (Not even exaggeration, she got in trouble for getting a ride with me...)

So now her "sister" went around telling people we snuck out and that I was blackmailing my girlfriend into being in a relationship with me by threatening to tell people we snuck out together. And probably a bunch of other nasty lies too, I'm not sure.

And now everyone who knows my girlfriend hates me, because of these rumors, and my girlfriend and her "sister"/bff really don't like each other.  And my girlfriend is in big trouble from her mom because she knows she snuck out now...

Now no one who goes to my church will even talk to me. I tried getting a ride home from a winter carnival thing they had at the church for about 80 youth, and I asked a kid who lives a block away for a ride, he refused. I asked another who lives nearby, he just glared and walked away. So I asked a really nice old teacher who was giving my girlfriend a ride, and he ignored me. I asked again, he still ignored me. So my girlfriend asked if I could get a ride, and he finally agreed.
When we were leaving, he tried to drive away without me and so I didn't have time to put my coat on... Then after he dropped my girlfriend off at home he turned on the air conditioning in the car so I would be even colder.

Some people won't even talk to me, they ask my girlfriend to talk to me, and ignore me when I reply until my girlfriend tells them what I said. And it's not like these people disliked me before, a lot of them I've known since I was a baby! I guess they trust my girlfriend's "sister" more than me and my girlfriend?

Also I had a panic attack and punched a kid in the face today. I was talking with my girlfriend and he walked up, jabbed my stomach a few times (I panic when people touch my stomach/sides, and he knew that...) then grabbed me around the hips. So I started panicking and punched him in the face and ran into a storage room on the stage and broke down. I started crying, and hyperventilating... My girlfriend came and helped me calm down, but it wasn't fun.

I would recommend you to debunk those rumours ASAP, make a stand for yourself and explain how terrible of a situation you are in life right now. Talk with your girlfriend and ask her to support you in your stand. If you don't swear a lot, a couple Precision F-Strikes should give some extra weight to your words. If this goes wrong and they say something terrible such as "You wanna kill yourself? Do it, makes us all happy," you should get the police involved.

Seriously, nobody has permission to spread false rumours about you, or anybody. And if you don't act upon it, nobody will.
My girlfriend has already tried to debunk them, but it didn't work. If they don't believe her, why would they believe me? Also, I've never said a swear in my life...

People like that probably aren't deserving of your time. Anyway, sounds like you tried to be nice about it and it didn't work. Just because she's your girlfriend, doesn't mean you have to be around those people. Make the time you spend with her and the time she spends with her other friends separate. Don't bring people like that along on your dates. Better yet, don't interact with them at all. Just because they're her friends, doesn't mean they have to be yours. It would be nice but if you try and it doesn't work then there's no harm done and there's nothing wrong with making that clear.

Regarding the other stuff;
Do you have to go to that Church? Find a different one if you don't. I'd drop the place in a second if people there treated me so disrespectfully.
Is there any reason you can't ignore or stop being around the other people who've been acting like that? Your time is better spent around more open minded people anyway.
Is the issue with the mom something you can talk out? Hearing this from someone who claims to have never cursed in their life, I can hardly think up a good reason why a parent wouldn't like you.

Getting the police involved wouldn't be my first choice but if things persist, it's probably worth it to make a point that you're not going to let people walk over you. Like someone else said, that's slander. Pretty serious slander in my opinion. Under other circumstances, I'd just confront the person but considering how outrageous and damaging of a lie they made, it's definitely worth considering telling someone capable of taking action what happened.
If it happens once and you don't take action, there's a good chance it can happen again. Some people are just trashy people who do whatever it takes to get their way. The best solution I've come up with is making sure they know you aren't someone who will take the bs lying down. It needs to be clear that if they're going to cause you problems, it's going to cause them just as many problems. That way, even if they aren't morally inclined not to be a jerk, they'll be inclined to do so out of self interest.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88054 on: February 08, 2015, 10:18:15 pm »

I keep forgetting to buy new socks.
The one pair I currently have smell awful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88055 on: February 08, 2015, 11:01:19 pm »

You...may want to wash them. Like...with soap and water.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88056 on: February 08, 2015, 11:07:06 pm »

"My socks are dirty, buy me some new ones."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #88057 on: February 08, 2015, 11:15:57 pm »

I just gave up on socks entirely. Honestly.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88058 on: February 08, 2015, 11:23:49 pm »

Flip flops are great, all weather foot ware
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88059 on: February 08, 2015, 11:25:36 pm »

I just gave up on socks entirely. Honestly.

heresy

but seriously I don't wear socks most of the time b/c I wear boat shoes everywhere like a true stereotypical white guy

they're just so uncomfortable and when I want to wear them I have to go and look through all the shitty piles of socks in my house and just uggggh fuck I want sock teleporters not this torture

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88060 on: February 08, 2015, 11:28:24 pm »

I'd like to see you wear them in knee deep snow. Actually, I wouldn't because that would damage your feet, but "All weather" is sort of inaccurate.

I only wear socks when I have to go outside, because otherwise my feet would freeze. My sad is that the weekend is over and I have to venture out from my cavehouse into the cold, wind and dark again.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88061 on: February 08, 2015, 11:29:26 pm »

I do wear them knee deep in snow
Still comfy

Though I'm gifted with naturaly hairy feet so they stay warm anyways
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88062 on: February 08, 2015, 11:30:25 pm »

Though I'm gifted with naturaly hairy feet so they stay warm anyways

Cryxis confirmed for dirty sneaking hobbittses.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88063 on: February 08, 2015, 11:30:37 pm »

"My socks are dirty, buy me some new ones."
Some people actually operate like this.

Some people I know.

:-\

Anyway, socks are amazing. I'm wearing some right now. I usually sleep with socks on, actually, because I think they're really comfy.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #88064 on: February 08, 2015, 11:33:37 pm »

I'd like to see you wear them in knee deep snow. Actually, I wouldn't because that would damage your feet, but "All weather" is sort of inaccurate.

I only wear socks when I have to go outside, because otherwise my feet would freeze. My sad is that the weekend is over and I have to venture out from my cavehouse into the cold, wind and dark again.
End of weekend blues :(

Also, poor Kal. Hang in there!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 5869 5870 [5871] 5872 5873 ... 8167