Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5866 5867 [5868] 5869 5870 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446338 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88005 on: February 07, 2015, 07:46:15 pm »

I strongly doubt that much dosh came from the US alone. I mean yeah the place is pretty terrible as so called First World nations go but it's not bloody Idiocracy.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88006 on: February 07, 2015, 07:47:43 pm »

I guess American audiences are easily swayed by hollow pretentiousness

:(
>He thinks Americans are special
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #88007 on: February 07, 2015, 07:54:26 pm »

Shit I have a sudden case of presentation writer's block. I have so much stuff to put in that I cannot decide where to start. And I was going so well... I'm only missing this part.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #88008 on: February 07, 2015, 07:59:21 pm »

Speaking of writing, I've decided not to do the creative writing course. For one, in retrospect none of my writing is above amateur/okay level and more importantly, it seems like career suicide.

Still, it looked nice. But I'm sure I'll love the course I've chosen instead.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #88009 on: February 07, 2015, 08:34:46 pm »

God I'm wasting my life. God I really should just kill myself already.

Hate it when I feel like this, ugh. Swear I felt fine earlier today.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88010 on: February 07, 2015, 08:36:08 pm »

Don't kill yourself, someone out depends on you, emotionally or physically.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88011 on: February 07, 2015, 09:18:39 pm »

Spehss, I feel really crappy to. I sympathize with just wanting to give up right now. It's always passed, before, and I think it'll pass this time. And I bet it will for you too. It'll get better, and the things that are stress sources, or barriers, or whatever will be in the past. Just got to weather the storm, and keep sailing forward at whatever pace can be managed.

It's worth it, because it'll get better.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88012 on: February 07, 2015, 10:01:08 pm »

Hang in there Tiruin.
Also, you have cold molds?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #88013 on: February 08, 2015, 12:08:29 am »

Had a fit of "ugh my life sucks I'll never achieve anything or find my soul mate". Seriously considered just deleting a project that I've been working on for the past two weeks when there was no real reason to, I was just upset and feeling defeated.
Second sad: ate two cake pops due to above fit. In addition to my atrocious stress-eating habit, those cake pops now feel like rocks rolling around in my stomach and beating the shit out of my innards.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #88014 on: February 08, 2015, 12:11:07 am »

cake pops
Oh man I didn't know these existed they sound delicious hnnnng
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #88015 on: February 08, 2015, 12:26:50 am »

Hang in there Tiruin.
Also, you have cold molds?
Nein.
Molds. Molds causing bad cough--going into yer lungs. Molds which turn black after a period of being white. Molds which are pretty much more of a pest than ants or other such organic beings in our lands.

Hence the somewhat literal reference or grumpy-word of Bloody molds x_x

Well, for me anyway, I get blood in my cough from all that. Its a bad thing, my parents say ._. being doctors and such.

God I'm wasting my life. God I really should just kill myself already.

Hate it when I feel like this, ugh. Swear I felt fine earlier today.
Yo, Spehss, this all starts and ends in thought. Don't let those negative thoughts manifest into action--it manifests by preventing action, rather. When these thoughts happen, intervene with positivity.

That's how I lived, long ago! :))

That, and/or maybe its your biological construct. Talking in terms of BioPsych, it may perhaps be the chemicals in yer brain playing around. :P I couldn't relate at the age before because I never had moodswings (ie No discernible cause of feeling like such--like, no direct thought at hand or in mind [ie The 'trigger', as it is called, is not present]).

As a rather great analogy, think of those thoughts like your shadow--they'll be there, but you're always over it. Be too focused on it, and its the only thing you'll see, but the light is just behind you.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #88016 on: February 08, 2015, 12:30:04 am »

Get better, Tiruin!
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88017 on: February 08, 2015, 12:31:31 am »

One more year
One more year and I don't have to be my parents personal slave.
I don't have to have my mother breathing down my neck about everything, I don't have to each how I speak in case my monotone voice gets to angry because fuck you- you can't have any emotions.
I won't have to feel how my parents want me to
I won't have to be a robot that doesn't hardly think, or have to stress over this crap
One more year and I'll live in a dorm away from all this stress and I can study on my own time, I can work, I can drive away from this crap
One more year

Get better Tiruin

Hang in there Sphess_
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #88018 on: February 08, 2015, 01:00:41 am »

Also, I'm suddenly the most hated person among everyone who knows my girlfriend because her "sister" has been spreading rumors about how she is in an abusive relationship with me and I'm controlling her through guilt.
I would recommend you to debunk those rumours ASAP, make a stand for yourself and explain how terrible of a situation you are in life right now. Talk with your girlfriend and ask her to support you in your stand. If you don't swear a lot, a couple Precision F-Strikes should give some extra weight to your words. If this goes wrong and they say something terrible such as "You wanna kill yourself? Do it, makes us all happy," you should get the police involved.

Seriously, nobody has permission to spread false rumours about you, or anybody. And if you don't act upon it, nobody will.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #88019 on: February 08, 2015, 01:07:22 am »

Well, today was great... I love betrayal.

So, my girlfriend and her best friend, they are basically sisters... Or at least were. They did everything together, lived in each other's houses for weeks at a time, their families practically adopted each other. And her "sister" hates me because my girlfriend isn't spending enough time with her because I'm in the way. (Even though they still see each other every day, and sleep over half the week.)

My girlfriend has been stuck at home for a few months taking care of her baby brother from 6am to 6pm every weekday because her mom doesn't want to pay for a daycare. So, during exam break I went over to her place every day and take her out on a date, to the zoo, or a restaurant, stuff like that. And we brought her "sister" and baby brother along, because her "sister" refused to let us go alone, and we couldn't just leave the baby home alone.
We had to keep it a secret that we were going out though, because her mom detests me to the point where she would rather have her daughter spend 20 minutes walking home when it's -30°C and a blizzard outside then have me spend a few minutes driving her home. (Not even exaggeration, she got in trouble for getting a ride with me...)

So now her "sister" went around telling people we snuck out and that I was blackmailing my girlfriend into being in a relationship with me by threatening to tell people we snuck out together. And probably a bunch of other nasty lies too, I'm not sure.

And now everyone who knows my girlfriend hates me, because of these rumors, and my girlfriend and her "sister"/bff really don't like each other.  And my girlfriend is in big trouble from her mom because she knows she snuck out now...

Now no one who goes to my church will even talk to me. I tried getting a ride home from a winter carnival thing they had at the church for about 80 youth, and I asked a kid who lives a block away for a ride, he refused. I asked another who lives nearby, he just glared and walked away. So I asked a really nice old teacher who was giving my girlfriend a ride, and he ignored me. I asked again, he still ignored me. So my girlfriend asked if I could get a ride, and he finally agreed.
When we were leaving, he tried to drive away without me and so I didn't have time to put my coat on... Then after he dropped my girlfriend off at home he turned on the air conditioning in the car so I would be even colder.

Some people won't even talk to me, they ask my girlfriend to talk to me, and ignore me when I reply until my girlfriend tells them what I said. And it's not like these people disliked me before, a lot of them I've known since I was a baby! I guess they trust my girlfriend's "sister" more than me and my girlfriend?

Also I had a panic attack and punched a kid in the face today. I was talking with my girlfriend and he walked up, jabbed my stomach a few times (I panic when people touch my stomach/sides, and he knew that...) then grabbed me around the hips. So I started panicking and punched him in the face and ran into a storage room on the stage and broke down. I started crying, and hyperventilating... My girlfriend came and helped me calm down, but it wasn't fun.

I would recommend you to debunk those rumours ASAP, make a stand for yourself and explain how terrible of a situation you are in life right now. Talk with your girlfriend and ask her to support you in your stand. If you don't swear a lot, a couple Precision F-Strikes should give some extra weight to your words. If this goes wrong and they say something terrible such as "You wanna kill yourself? Do it, makes us all happy," you should get the police involved.

Seriously, nobody has permission to spread false rumours about you, or anybody. And if you don't act upon it, nobody will.
My girlfriend has already tried to debunk them, but it didn't work. If they don't believe her, why would they believe me? Also, I've never said a swear in my life...
Pages: 1 ... 5866 5867 [5868] 5869 5870 ... 8167