Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5865 5866 [5867] 5868 5869 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446885 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87990 on: February 07, 2015, 01:05:19 am »

Ever have those moments where you randomly cry?

Not really. Random laughter at nothing when I don't feel like it, on the other hand, is a serious problem for me.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87991 on: February 07, 2015, 01:42:47 am »

D:

I gave myself some minor burns because I turned the shower on too hot and didn't turn it down because I liked the pain.

D:

I can't think of anything to say that doesn't sound hollow. I wish I could help you guys.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87992 on: February 07, 2015, 03:28:35 am »

Today was...not good. One of those days where a million minor annoyances, one after another, start to make me think that some higher lifeform is screwing with me for shits and giggles. It got to the point where I could predict which lights would turn red before I could get to them (all of them) and, in a way that would be humorous to anyone else, accurately called when train crossing gates would lower across the road. Within 3 seconds of me predicting the gates lowering. Twice.

I also had to work for 12 solid hours with essentially no breaks, so that was fun.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87993 on: February 07, 2015, 06:23:44 am »

Anxiety. Aaaaah. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87994 on: February 07, 2015, 06:42:34 am »

Yeah all the time.
Its amazing how much I cry.
Its good for you though.
I can feel it coming before it does. Its like my chest fills with liquid and it gets heavy then boom *crying
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87995 on: February 07, 2015, 09:27:28 am »

I gave myself some minor burns because I turned the shower on too hot and didn't turn it down because I liked the pain.
D:
I can't think of anything to say that doesn't sound hollow. I wish I could help you guys.
That's kinda cruel. There's a fair few masochists out there who would be offended.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87996 on: February 07, 2015, 11:58:31 am »

Contextually I doubt that that's what's happening. Self-inflicted pain as a coping mechanism for life going down the toilet can end extremely poorly. :-\

Today is one of those days where the facade of unbreakability and hyper-competence cracks. I just want not to be.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #87997 on: February 07, 2015, 01:52:07 pm »

Sad: Catching up with many things due to net and arghFamilySickness.
Bad cough = still bad cough x_x
Hopefully its not the ol' (literal) bloody molds due to the extreme cold we're having in the mountains + humidity these days.

so I think I'm pretty well known for my bad grammar and sentence structure.
Now imagine me writing a 10+ page essay on an experiment that is going to be reviewed by professors and such.

My teacher asked to review everyone's papers before we submitted them to the science fair.
He spent a couple minutes talking to the other kids on what they did wrong and how to fix it, then walked up to me and baby stepped me for ten minutes on what I did wrong, how I need to take English class more seriously, and that I need to ask for help when I am confused.

thanks for making me feel like a worthless piece of shit.
thanks for being entirely honest
This is late but I'd poke on all this :O
The usual thing teachers or instructors do is give details and aid others

Also a tiny piece of aid for self-assessment (or merely personal awareness).--here, it seems you're attaching more (seemingly very unneeded) assumptions as extra, onto what is being said ._. The usual SoP is to instruct and give general advice--the thinking of 'Oh great advice back to ENGLISH classes!?' with the tone and such is an assumption--ask and be direct instead of assuming and concluding by emotional reaction. :O
Sometimes, lateral thinking should be applied: you could take the person's words as it is--and ask what you assume, making it known instead of internalized.

Many problems come that way. Reacting on feeling instead of...well, otherwise ._. It's mostly, and usually, not what is in the intent of the other speaker or their motive. A common thing when we're all faced by failure, is the note on seeing our expectations or constructing our identity...by what we criticism or information we receive.

Keep on askin'! :D You aren't what you are in the past unless you reinforce it or believe 'this is all you can be'--there's always room for growth.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87998 on: February 07, 2015, 04:51:40 pm »

James Cameron is apparently making more Avatar movies.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #87999 on: February 07, 2015, 04:56:44 pm »

well, this is kind of old news. He said as much when the original avatar came out. Shit, has it really been 7 years?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88000 on: February 07, 2015, 05:21:18 pm »

Sick today. Sick since Thursday. That sore throat turned into a god-awful cold.

Also, Thursday night I had a dream about a romantic relationship with someone resembling a friend I once had in highschool. Dream was amazing, lots of fun, pranking people and running from cops, and romance obviously. Then I woke up, and realized that my life is boring, lonely and repetitive.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88001 on: February 07, 2015, 05:59:46 pm »

Ouch, sympathies. :-/
Fuckin' dreams, man, always there to remind you how boring real life is.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #88002 on: February 07, 2015, 06:40:53 pm »

I haven't really eaten for three days, just having meal replacement stuff because I've been too sick to eat.

Also, I'm suddenly the most hated person among everyone who knows my girlfriend because her "sister" has been spreading rumors about how she is in an abusive relationship with me and I'm controlling her through guilt.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88003 on: February 07, 2015, 06:55:25 pm »

I'm apparently very irritable today. I've already blown up for next-to-nothing... should probably stay away from the religion thread and do something calming.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88004 on: February 07, 2015, 07:40:13 pm »

Well it did make tons of money, being the highest grossing film in 2009, earning almost 3x the amount of the second highest. It made enough that if movies 2-4 cost the same amount as the first one did each (which they won't since filming concurrently reduces costs) they will basically have broken even, even if they never sold a single DVD of Avatar 1 (which they did) and not a single person goes to Avatar 2, 3, or 4. Regardless of how much people claim to like or don't like the film, Avatar 1 was literally the highest grossing film ever, and even after you adjust for inflation on past films only falls to second place (being beaten only by Gone With the Wind). Seriously, it was only $100,000 short of being worth more then all three Lord of the Rings films put together.

I guess American audiences are easily swayed by hollow pretentiousness

:(
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 5865 5866 [5867] 5868 5869 ... 8167