Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5859 5860 [5861] 5862 5863 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448729 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87900 on: February 05, 2015, 02:23:28 am »

Unfortunately, everything I've seen about women's shelters suggest that they tend to be operated by people who foster an atmosphere of ongoing paranoia and neurosis.

Hmm. In addition to the obvious issues with that, I can also see how teaching martial arts in an atmosphere of misandric paranoia and neurosis could easily turn into a Nietzschean "battle not with monsters lest you become a monster" type situation.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #87901 on: February 05, 2015, 02:50:37 am »

Went and sold myself out and made a twitter account. Now what. Seriously, there's no one to add, or follow, or anything interesting for me to do with it now. Nothing like social media to emphasize how lonely you are. Probably just gonna delete it in a few days.

Also trying tinder on a whim. Could kill some boredom, I guess. Really feeling like a sellout for trying this shit.

Also, sorry for posting in this thread so much the last couple days. I don't really have anywhere else to vent. Or people to talk to.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87902 on: February 05, 2015, 02:51:55 am »

Don't worry about it: that's what it's here for, after all. We'll listen, and talk if you need us to.

I would agree that, unless you're actually interested in it, twitter (etc) isn't really going to do much for you. It doesn't make you a sellout for trying it, though.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:54:22 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #87903 on: February 05, 2015, 02:53:54 am »

Went and sold myself out and made a twitter account. Now what. Seriously, there's no one to add, or follow, or anything interesting for me to do with it now. Nothing like social media to emphasize how lonely you are. Probably just gonna delete it in a few days.

Also trying tinder on a whim. Could kill some boredom, I guess. Really feeling like a sellout for trying this shit.

Also, sorry for posting in this thread so much the last couple days. I don't really have anywhere else to vent. Or people to talk to.
Whatever profession you're interested in, find people in it, follow their twitter accounts if they look sufficiently professional and interesting. When you find a few, look at who they're following, as there is a good chance they are doing the same. People are boring; ideas are not.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87904 on: February 05, 2015, 02:59:49 am »

Also, be quick to trim the fat if people post boring stuff. I don't twitter, but I think if you're using that the best way is to find interesting feeds you want to follow first for some specific reason, rather than "i'm gunna twitter, now what?"

Personally I have too much media backlog already, decades worth of games, anime, movies, books, music, I own I don't have time to finish. I can't see the point in jumping on twitter. Following random feeds isn't that fun, and the only point is if you're twitting too.

Tinder though, it's an online dating thing isn't it? Yeah, sounds horrible. Face to face clubs and classes have been the two ways I've made most of my positive connections in my life. Forget the canned corporate "experience" of "social" media, that's my suggestion. Anything that comes promising to provide some "straight out of the box" social experience is doomed to failure.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:41:22 am by Reelya »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #87905 on: February 05, 2015, 03:06:59 am »

Yep; there's billions of people on the net, and most of them are really boring, tedious, and dull. At the bare minimum, you should cull the bottom 99.9% you come across when following people on twitter. Then you'll only be let with millions! :P

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #87906 on: February 05, 2015, 03:26:26 am »

Yep; there's billions of people on the net, and most of them are really boring, tedious, and dull. At the bare minimum, you should cull the bottom 99.9% you come across when following people on twitter. Then you'll only be let with millions! :P
We can cram more decimal places in there, surely. 99.99999%?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87907 on: February 05, 2015, 03:40:50 am »

At the bare minimum, you should cull the bottom 99.9% you come across when following people on twitter.
And this is why I don't do politics.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #87908 on: February 05, 2015, 03:54:11 am »

At the bare minimum, you should cull the bottom 99.9% you come across when following people on twitter.
...Heil Darvi?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87909 on: February 05, 2015, 04:30:26 am »

But I'm not injured!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #87910 on: February 05, 2015, 05:33:06 am »

I read my old journal, which I kept almost-daily from ages fourteen to sixteen. Wow. I was one sad, clueless, desperate, angry, pathetic little man. No wonder I hated myself and couldn't keep a girlfriend; I was an asshole!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87911 on: February 05, 2015, 07:23:48 am »

...Heil Darvi?
Heil du ihn doch.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87912 on: February 05, 2015, 09:18:54 am »

I find KodKods blog and the most recent thing on it(2012) is her finding out that her father has terminal cancer.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87913 on: February 05, 2015, 09:36:36 am »

Whatever profession you're interested in, find people in it, follow their twitter accounts if they look sufficiently professional and interesting. When you find a few, look at who they're following, as there is a good chance they are doing the same. People are boring; ideas are not.

I use it 90% for news. I can tab to it every half hour or so, and usually catch such vitally important things as a new way to make mice glow within minutes of the news breaking.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87914 on: February 05, 2015, 09:59:48 am »

I read my old journal, which I kept almost-daily from ages fourteen to sixteen. Wow. I was one sad, clueless, desperate, angry, pathetic little man. No wonder I hated myself and couldn't keep a girlfriend; I was an asshole!
Everybody is an asshole/idiot at some point in their life, from the perspective of a future self.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 5859 5860 [5861] 5862 5863 ... 8167