Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5846 5847 [5848] 5849 5850 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9421293 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87705 on: February 01, 2015, 07:39:37 pm »

soccer
As etymonline.com observes with its typical deadpan humour, the word formation is unusual - unlike rugger it did not take the first three letters of Association for some reason.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87706 on: February 01, 2015, 07:42:41 pm »

soccer
As etymonline.com observes with its typical deadpan humour, the word formation is unusual - unlike rugger it did not take the first three letters of Association for some reason.
That was a sad day for preteens worldwide.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #87707 on: February 01, 2015, 08:27:07 pm »

Possible Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee says homosexuality is a lifestyle choice like drinking and swearing — which is why he can accept friends who are gay, despite his religious convictions.

While I'm sure Mr Huckabee would love having people around him to look down his nose at, none of those people would ever be his "friends," when he regard them as inferiors for no good reason. His position on that high horse is doubly ironic when considering the religion he selectively quote says, "judge not lest ye be judged."

Ouch of touch, no priorities, no solutions, nothing but blame and scapegoating, that's what this man has to offer in exchange for power. Anybody out there wanna be president needs to find answers to fix things not blame to fling at people who aren't causing any harm. Massive unemployment and underemployment, foreign threats, increasing poverty and decreasing middle class, little if any practical ability to get an affordable, relevant education, rising crime and heroin addition, immigration and everything else, matter. That doesn't.

Yes, folks vote for Huckabee, because who cares if you're unemployed, underemployed, afraid of whoever the newest terrorist is, broke and only remembering what it was like to be middle class, stuck without affordable and usable education, in a crime filled neighborhood with heroin addicts, because at least he'll keep those two very stylish gentlemen from officially being recognized when they kiss....

"In an appearance on the "Daily Show" last week, Huckabee said it is “very likely, very possible” that he will run for president in 2016. He vied for the GOP presidential nomination — and lost — in 2008."

TL: DR: More scapegoating; still no solutions. He won't stop you from getting kicked in the teeth but he'll kick the gays harder so vote for him.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87708 on: February 01, 2015, 08:35:08 pm »

I find it kind of funny how the republican party is forcing itself so hard into that niche.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #87709 on: February 01, 2015, 08:51:51 pm »

*sigh*

Wasn't there something that once mentioned religion and politics should be separate and unrelated?

I really like that notion.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87710 on: February 01, 2015, 08:58:36 pm »

Wait, so he's saying he's Ok with people being gay, but he sees it as a choice to be immoral?

Also go Seahawks for the hattrick.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87711 on: February 01, 2015, 08:59:36 pm »

A hattrick is three, mate. This would be a back-to-back.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #87712 on: February 01, 2015, 09:01:19 pm »

I hope Richard Sherman's knees explode.

Or something equally unpleasant to Pete Carroll's face...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87713 on: February 01, 2015, 09:01:24 pm »

I will cheer them up-to and including the hattrick.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87714 on: February 01, 2015, 09:02:28 pm »

They won't get there next year though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87715 on: February 01, 2015, 09:03:53 pm »

Nope. Buccaneers go worst2first. :D

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87716 on: February 01, 2015, 09:05:02 pm »

Nope. Buccaneers go worst2first. :D

I could deal with that. I actually quite like Lovie Smith. Bears GM was quite mental to let him go after a 10-6 season.

And then Jay Cutler :D omg he's a great QB.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87717 on: February 01, 2015, 10:46:02 pm »

This blizzard is really bullshit, I can't see the road or three feet in front of my car. I had to call off work.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #87718 on: February 01, 2015, 10:51:46 pm »

This blizzard is really bullshit, I can't see the road or three feet in front of my car. I had to call off work.

I don't have the option of calling off work, I just have to hope that either the level 3 snow emergency (Ohio's system, means it's illegal to drive, luckily despite getting my job through a temp service, they accommodate for weather) stays past 6 AM tomorrow, or else that the weather improves by then. So, yes, this blizzard is really bullshit.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #87719 on: February 02, 2015, 12:06:14 am »

I have a problem with procrastination. I should stop procrastinating and retake control of my life.

...and then I go back to procrastinating on stopping procrastinating.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 5846 5847 [5848] 5849 5850 ... 8167