Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5832 5833 [5834] 5835 5836 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429825 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87495 on: January 26, 2015, 08:15:43 pm »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:37:36 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87496 on: January 26, 2015, 08:53:04 pm »

In shoe-related news, I'm now wearing a boot. Just one boot. Pretty nifty contraption, which will hopefully be gone within a few weeks.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87497 on: January 26, 2015, 08:57:49 pm »

I'm not really into shoes, but those are freakin' sweet.

Honestly, me neither, but the minute I saw those I became very interested :D Looking forward to 'em...
I hope they don't hurt your feet too much. I'm not sure how accustomed to heels you are.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87498 on: January 26, 2015, 08:58:56 pm »

Hope said 'boot' helps your foot/ankle/miscellaneous legmeats.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87499 on: January 26, 2015, 10:11:33 pm »

Sadly, success isn't always the cure-all for sadness, so I can understand the frustration at feeling unhappy even when things are going well by any objective measure and so you "ought" to be happy. Still, here's hoping the autofire jams. Whatever's getting you down, I hope you don't need to worry about it on the meta.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87500 on: January 26, 2015, 10:17:10 pm »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:36:44 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87501 on: January 26, 2015, 10:30:43 pm »

You're welcome, and also I forgot to mention I fuckin' love the shoes. The second pair also looks as snappy as it does practical.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87502 on: January 26, 2015, 10:33:33 pm »

Shoes look very nice. Not my style, of course, but I bet you could pull them off with no problems :P

My new boot isn't nearly so stylish.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:38:14 pm by Sirus »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87503 on: January 26, 2015, 10:43:19 pm »

That is among the worst boots to have to wear. You think you could at least get them to put a solid toe on it? A stub is the last thing you need :(

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87504 on: January 26, 2015, 10:47:37 pm »

Ouch! Did you sprain your ankle?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87505 on: January 26, 2015, 10:52:23 pm »

Tendonitis, according to the doctor. Thankfully not the Achilles tendon, and thankfully not what I feared (a broken bone).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87506 on: January 26, 2015, 11:05:26 pm »

Urk...

I've been in a constant state of hyper-anxiety since I asked someone to the school dance earlier today.  They said yes, but... idk.  I'm the type of person where my mind looks at all the worst case scenarios, all of the ways people could betray me and hurt me, and that drives my anxiety through the roof.  I had forgotten just why romantic relationships were so hard on me...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87507 on: January 26, 2015, 11:24:00 pm »

For whatever good it does, they probably won't, and even if they do it was probably worth the risk.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87508 on: January 27, 2015, 12:03:21 am »

Urk...

I've been in a constant state of hyper-anxiety since I asked someone to the school dance earlier today.  They said yes, but... idk.  I'm the type of person where my mind looks at all the worst case scenarios, all of the ways people could betray me and hurt me, and that drives my anxiety through the roof.  I had forgotten just why romantic relationships were so hard on me...

Just have a good time at the dance, there's plenty of years ahead of you to worry about later, romantically.

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87509 on: January 27, 2015, 12:21:57 am »

Urk...

You're going to go to that dance and have a good time. Tell that "oh god" part of your mind exactly how much BS it's flinging at you in an attempt to cover up the fact that it has nothing to prove itself with.
I mean, forward with caution, but forward without worrying if the ground is going to fall away at your next step forward. Or if there's actually a landmine there to blow off your leg. Metaphors.

... I'm assuming your dance is someone whom you have taken interest in. I hope I'm not running ahead of the actual situation.
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.
Pages: 1 ... 5832 5833 [5834] 5835 5836 ... 8167