Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5831 5832 [5833] 5834 5835 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429925 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87480 on: January 25, 2015, 11:36:46 pm »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:38:17 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #87481 on: January 25, 2015, 11:42:59 pm »

I've been taking pills to maybe help with my depression, I and I guess they are working?
Sertraline... It kind of helps? I've stopped getting days of depression, so instead I just feel nothing... Is depression the only emotion I had? It seems like it.
On the subject of pills for depression, as a person who just started said meds in the past couple months and probably has a track record of sad shitposts in this thread in the past, I am...not bad?

I feel "fine". Weird to say since I haven't done anything different since starting to take anti-depressants. Like, I haven't changed anything about my behavior except that I starting taking meds and a couple months since starting it I don't feel utterly miserable and apathetic all the time. Still have some lousy days (as my occasional shitposts venting indicate) but I'd say I feel fine. Could probably be even better if I improved my behavior.

So, uh, yeah. Meds could apparently help with mood. Somehow. Brain chemistry is weird yo.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #87482 on: January 25, 2015, 11:44:55 pm »

Grandfather fell today and injured head and had to take him to the hospital.  Got him home, thought I had him set up good (he was asleep and I needed to lay down for a moment due to exhaustion) and then he fell again and scraped the bandage off and I had to redo it.  Now I've moved computer into kitchen, corralled him in the living room with a couch next to his bed (where I'm going to sleep from now on so he can't sneak past me) and got the porta potty nearby too so if hes bad I dont have to wheelchair him all the way to the bathroom. 

I'm not even sure I'm sad right now, I think I'm just too tired to feel much other than bad in general.  Its been a rough week.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #87483 on: January 25, 2015, 11:47:42 pm »

Also upon looking at the images that popped up for it
Besides baffler's
Were pretty goofy for a coordinate
There seemed to be a card game, some signs, and (ramen?)

I'm glad I had a laugh today
Also update on crappy weekend, played a game or two of pool with my dad
That was fun
I think I'm out free from the not giving a crap bit

Thanks guys for giving me a place to vent
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87484 on: January 26, 2015, 12:01:20 am »

I'm starting to forget there being a time in which I was not constantly anxious.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #87485 on: January 26, 2015, 12:24:28 am »

I'm starting to forget there being a time in which I was not constantly anxious.
Yeah, me too. And good lord, the frustration. I cannot remember anything but the anxiety and frustration.

Everything I do, I'm either going to do wrong or nobody will notice. Nobody laughs when I try to joke anymore, everybody says I look desperately pale, I can't win at life (I dropped my spoon on the floor twice trying to eat today, and that was before it touched the food!), I still don't understand what I'm supposed to do with this phone thingy at home or work (people never want ME, and I am horrible at remembering a sentence to relay longer than "Aunty called", so if I can't remember the details of something and say "why don't you call them back and find out", don't get mad, call them back!), only one person at work understands just how hard my station is to do, and she's the only person with seniority over me left (she's been here 8 years, as long as the kiosk has existed), middle management is being Dilbert-Themed middle management, all the tills at work got replaced with less functional machines with less memory, more wires and buttons, less ability to register exactly what a customer wants, less ability to take payments (2/5 methods we use to accept aren't accepted any more), more noise and less ability to correct an incorrect entry. Especially annoying is that while it will display the last 2 coffee orders on one screen, the last two bagel orders on another screen, and the current order in it's completeness on a third screen, it won't display any bakery orders anywhere but on the current incomplete one; so if you finalize it by putting in the payment, you had better damn remember what they wanted from the showcase or else you're in big trouble.

The doc has me on Citalopram for depression, so I'm able to come into work and not throw a tantrum at my frustration, anger, sadness, and despair over it, but I'm ready to take drastic measures.

Wish me luck, I'm collecting letters of testimony about the middle management from my co-workers tomorrow. Yes, I'm mutinying, but I'm the captain of this little escapade and I'm willing to go down with the ship; the kiosk is more or less burning down anyways, since management keeps cutting staff and cutting hours.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87486 on: January 26, 2015, 02:03:59 am »

Woah woah woah.
They say don't eat meat.
Nothing is mentioned about Booze.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87487 on: January 26, 2015, 02:06:17 am »

I tried to finish BattleBlock Theatre with a friend in one sitting, and gave up in chapter 5.
I watched the ending.
suchemotions

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87488 on: January 26, 2015, 04:38:26 am »

Buckle your pants.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87489 on: January 26, 2015, 04:48:05 am »

Well the exam went as well as you'd expect it to.

Brain refusing to cooperate for the most part and I just half-assed everything, messing up the last problem simply because I forgot that you need to divide/multiply by five. So even if I don't flunk it's going to be barely. Not that I care at this point tbh, I just want it to end so I can finally try and get some proper rest.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87490 on: January 26, 2015, 07:17:23 am »

Nooooo Immaterial changed his avatar!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #87491 on: January 26, 2015, 08:11:57 am »

In hindsight I should've written this speech about these fucking retarded-ass teleological arguments before it reached this time at night.
They can be retarded ass-theories too, xckd, because two of them are stupid and one's a false analogy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #87492 on: January 26, 2015, 08:32:33 am »

Make me three. I've got an appointment with my therapist on Wednesday.

I held off for a while on getting medication because for a very long time I was convinced it was because I wasn't eating enough (and indeed actually having protein in me, rather than, say, a cup of coffee does help immensely), but then over winter break I was a bit of a basket case despite eating more than I usually do at college.

There's also the small issue that part of me doesn't want to get rid of my anxiety. It's comfortable. I don't know how else to describe it.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87493 on: January 26, 2015, 07:32:08 pm »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:38:01 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87494 on: January 26, 2015, 08:13:21 pm »

I'm not really into shoes, but those are freakin' sweet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 5831 5832 [5833] 5834 5835 ... 8167