Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5829 5830 [5831] 5832 5833 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429025 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87450 on: January 25, 2015, 05:53:54 am »

Alot of times I try to imagine what it would be like to have a girlfriend or whatever, and the only thing I can really imagine is a woman that is extremely critical and judgmental of me and everything I do; that is just disgusted with me and chimes in with cutting words no matter what I'm doing. It makes my stomach turn to be this badly ostracized by an imaginary girlfriend, and at the same time being lonely.

Shoot, man. That's rough. Dump her. What are some things you'd like from a girlfriend, things you'd like to do with someone? That's what you might try thinking about.

Go bowling? Bowling is fun, especially the wii variety.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87451 on: January 25, 2015, 06:00:16 am »

Bluuurgh. The sickness has flared up, clogged up nose and sore throat with an annoying headache to boot. It's barely noon and I feel like going back to bed sleep some more.

Trouble is, I have an exam tommorrow morning that I need to study for :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #87452 on: January 25, 2015, 07:58:31 am »

Can't you get a medicaal certificate and delay the exam?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87453 on: January 25, 2015, 08:24:17 am »

It's a bit too late for that, plus, don't think it's serious enough to warrant it.

That's always been one of my issues with my immune system. It's a tough bastard so I've almost never been so completely sick as to be unable to function at all. But every time I do get sick it's just enough to fuck with me. So I'll drag it around for a month because I'm never sick enough to just do nothing for a week and get better properly.

Hopefully enough tea and oranges/lemons puts this one in check, because apart from the exam tommorrow, I have about a month of the buggers coming up too :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #87454 on: January 25, 2015, 09:11:36 am »

Bluuurgh. The sickness has flared up, clogged up nose and sore throat with an annoying headache to boot. It's barely noon and I feel like going back to bed sleep some more.

Trouble is, I have an exam tommorrow morning that I need to study for :V
Diseases: They'll always come at the worst possible time. Want time of school? No illness. Need to be at school and need to study hard? 'Here's fucking winter vomiting mixed with pneumonia and a side order of no voice. Enjoy!'

Trauma, too. 'Hey, you're gonna absolutely HAVE to be on time for your appointments, because being late for exam is fucking yourself over? And you walk there normally? Lolnope, time to misstep and fuck up your ankle, kthxbaibai.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87455 on: January 25, 2015, 05:55:22 pm »

I have this terrible feeling that "This theory not only lacks predictive power, its retrospective explanatory power is so broad as to make it tautological - and therefore terrible science" is something I'll be saying a lot this semester

It's happening again. I think I'm going to make it my goal to do this every week, now. Time to make me some enemies >______________>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #87456 on: January 25, 2015, 06:09:52 pm »

Alot of times I try to imagine what it would be like to have a girlfriend or whatever, and the only thing I can really imagine is a woman that is extremely critical and judgmental of me and everything I do; that is just disgusted with me and chimes in with cutting words no matter what I'm doing. It makes my stomach turn to be this badly ostracized by an imaginary girlfriend, and at the same time being lonely.

Shoot, man. That's rough. Dump her. What are some things you'd like from a girlfriend, things you'd like to do with someone? That's what you might try thinking about.

Go bowling? Bowling is fun, especially the wii variety.

Yes bowling is much fun
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87457 on: January 25, 2015, 06:15:21 pm »

Every time there is angry shouting or something otherwise scary, the dog comes and climbs up on me wherever I happen to be sitting. She is not a small dog.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87458 on: January 25, 2015, 06:40:24 pm »

Is this what depression feels like?
If it is I hate it...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87459 on: January 25, 2015, 06:43:03 pm »

Depression is wondering 'why bother'
  Knowing you could go do it, and if you stuck with it you might even enjoy it
But not willing to try

When you are depressed, you're just as happy inside at home than with companions.
  And the effort level is minimal, as soon as you hit a challenge, or any task that requires more than even  little effort your willingness plummets.
Even if you do work up the effort to do something you don't want to, everything about it just seems like a hassle.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87460 on: January 25, 2015, 06:49:35 pm »

When you are depressed, you're just as happy inside at home than with companions.
Well that's not (necessarily) true - even on a rainy day, the sun comes through occasionally. But I can confirm the rest of that post a thousand times.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87461 on: January 25, 2015, 06:57:08 pm »

I guess I'm depressed then
Rant on first world problems that I shouldn't even be sad about but I'm too damn restarted to see my life doesn't suck
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
E: not having a good day
Mom asks why I'm in a bad mood
I grunt
She asks,"did you and [redacted] break up?"

Is that your first guess every freaking time?!?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:11:17 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #87462 on: January 25, 2015, 07:25:51 pm »

I've been taking pills to maybe help with my depression, I and I guess they are working?
Sertraline... It kind of helps? I've stopped getting days of depression, so instead I just feel nothing... Is depression the only emotion I had? It seems like it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87463 on: January 25, 2015, 07:25:54 pm »

That... doesn't sound like depression, mate. Just like a shitty weekend. Look on the bright side, cheer up: You don't have a chronic debilitating illness!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87464 on: January 25, 2015, 07:35:45 pm »

By pisskops description it fits
I don't care to do anything
I'm having a shitty weekend
And everything seems like a hastle
Sorry though to people with real depression
Pages: 1 ... 5829 5830 [5831] 5832 5833 ... 8167