Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5807 5808 [5809] 5810 5811 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438038 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87120 on: January 19, 2015, 10:41:24 am »

it was inevitable.

But yes, the smeeprocket discussion should probably cease.  Toady has made his verdict, and regardless of our opinions this type of conversation is frowned upon.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87121 on: January 19, 2015, 10:58:11 am »

How soon can you move out? You're not eighteen yet, right?

Uh, it seems the topic of conversation has changed, but...Yeah, I'm 13.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:59:48 am by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87122 on: January 19, 2015, 11:10:33 am »

AAAAGHHHHHH MY HEART HELP PLEASE CRYING

damn you, legion you glorious bastard
That decision was why afterwards I looked up how to make peace. I hated it so damned much.
I still can't play ME3 again, all for that goddamned robot.
That badass, liberation-seeking, vengeance-wanting robot. Him, Wrex, and Garrus are my favorites.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #87123 on: January 19, 2015, 11:14:33 am »

Winter depression. It's been a while since I last saw the sun, and I don't have a bright enough lamp to treat the blues. This pales in comparison to much of the stuff I see in this thread, but I thought it might be noteworthy and enough of a rerail.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87124 on: January 19, 2015, 11:40:40 am »

Winter depression. It's been a while since I last saw the sun, and I don't have a bright enough lamp to treat the blues. This pales in comparison to much of the stuff I see in this thread, but I thought it might be noteworthy and enough of a rerail.
A healthy dose of daily vitamin D can go a long way.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87125 on: January 19, 2015, 12:34:46 pm »

Sane aunts or uncles? Maybe a benevolent grandparent?

Failing that, I guess you might have to just keep your head down and wait it out. :-\

Good luck. We're always here if you need to vent, and you can just about pick a member at random to PM for a private ear.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87126 on: January 19, 2015, 12:39:47 pm »

My dog is developing major hip displacement. We may soon be unable to take her on hikes, and she hates getting left behind.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87127 on: January 19, 2015, 01:10:55 pm »

Good luck. We're always here if you need to vent, and you can just about pick a member at random to PM for a private ear.
If you make sure they're a resident of the lower boards, that's more true than most people would imagine.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87128 on: January 19, 2015, 01:45:01 pm »

nothing is more reassuring regarding the state of humanity than hearing "hamas hamas jude auf gas" coming from the back of the train
And those guys don't even speak proper German? Goddammit, if you're gonna be an antisemite you can at least get your pronunciation right!

Seriously though, where was that? (And who was that? Ethnicity-wise, I mean.)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87129 on: January 19, 2015, 01:54:43 pm »

Had a talk with my nan today. Seems like the conversations always just drag on, but I wouldn't say anything about that to her.

Asked how I felt about school; if I liked my course or if I would rather be working or in a different course. I have no idea. I don't really know how I feel about any of that.

Talked at length about her concerns about me and my mom. How my mom has never been happy, and how I take after her in some respects. I guess the apathy and dissatisfaction could be seen as coming from her as well.

My mom complains a lot about how she isn't happy. Always has, and always flips around on how she feels. My nan describes her as a yo-yo. But lately she's been complaining about how this new place isn't really hers, since it isn't her house. I can see why she would be upset about that, if it weren't for the fact that we've been living in apartments for most of our lives.

She also complains about being bored. She has no hobbies. The only way she knows to pass time is cleaning and decorating. She complains to both me and my nan about boredom. It's also why she keeps going back to the old place every weekend, since that is something to do, even though she really shouldn't be going back there as much as she does.

Apparently my mom also complains to my nan about how I never talk, or go out, or seem to notice what goes on around me. I may not pay the most attention to what's around me, but I sure do notice things. I'm a lot like her, in that I'm quiet and prefer to stay indoors. Even then, she doesn't trust me by myself anyways, so why would she want me to go out when she also does not want me to go out? I can barely take care of myself. I still don't know how to cook. My mom tried teaching me about a week or two ago. She just sat me down at the table and talked rather rapidly about how to cook eggs, beans, and sausage.

My nan also talked about my dad, and his relationship with my mom. About how he was the only guy she was ever with that was remotely half-way decent. Which is true, he's a good guy. Gets a lot of undue shit from everyone.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87130 on: January 19, 2015, 02:02:19 pm »

nothing is more reassuring regarding the state of humanity than hearing "hamas hamas jude auf gas" coming from the back of the train
And those guys don't even speak proper German? Goddammit, if you're gonna be an antisemite you can at least get your pronunciation right!

Seriously though, where was that? (And who was that? Ethnicity-wise, I mean.)
Seriously, all you need to know to speak proper German is "Ein mehr bier, bitte. Danke schön." Two more phrases that will help are, "Wo ist die toiletten?" und "Wann ist das Fußballspiel?"
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 02:05:04 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #87131 on: January 19, 2015, 02:03:58 pm »

Ja.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87132 on: January 19, 2015, 02:06:09 pm »

Jawohl!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #87133 on: January 19, 2015, 02:15:16 pm »

13? Going by anime rules, you should've saved the world or become the most powerful something-or-other at least twice by now!

In all seriousness, though, I hope things calm down and get better inside your family. I'd enjoy it if just once a Bay12er's family would go from pretty bad/terrible to neutral and up. As it's been said, you can talk to any of us down here.

Same goes for you too, BlackFlyme. Though I'm sure you already know that last bit.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87134 on: January 19, 2015, 02:20:42 pm »

My mom tried teaching me about a week or two ago. She just sat me down at the table and talked rather rapidly about how to cook eggs, beans, and sausage.
Why~?
I actually facepalmed reading that. That's just horrible, no one's going to learn anything just listening about it.

You could always try to learn by yourself, there are some youtube videos that teach simple cooking you could watch.

13? Going by anime rules, you should've saved the world or become the most powerful something-or-other at least twice by now!

In all seriousness, though, I hope things calm down and get better inside your family. I'd enjoy it if just once a Bay12er's family would go from pretty bad/terrible to neutral and up. As it's been said, you can talk to any of us down here.

Same goes for you too, BlackFlyme. Though I'm sure you already know that last bit.
Yes, there will always be random strangers from the internet cheering you up!

My sad is that I spent whole weekend trying to change my sleeping schedule so I could wake up around 4am when I normally go to bed, since I started morning shift this week. It didn't work.
Working after one hour of sleep = not a good idea.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: 1 ... 5807 5808 [5809] 5810 5811 ... 8167