Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5788 5789 [5790] 5791 5792 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429651 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #86835 on: January 12, 2015, 01:06:07 am »

Vector, you've still got every kind word she had for you, every ounce of belief she ever had in you, every gesture of love and respect that earned her the connection you miss now. The person she was has, in some measure, been burned into the person you are. You'll always have more than just the memories - whatever strengths and feelings she's given you are a legacy you don't even need to exert yourself recalling. Might be cold comfort compared to a living soul, but it's something, I hope.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #86836 on: January 12, 2015, 01:21:32 am »

Where is bottles Triruen when we need it?
... are you talking about Tiruin or Truean?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86837 on: January 12, 2015, 01:25:28 am »

They combined, Voltron-style.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86838 on: January 12, 2015, 02:16:29 am »

Rome 2 Legendary, Co-Op.

Have a bug crash the game mid-fight. Have to do it again.
AI is much less forgiving second time around.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #86839 on: January 12, 2015, 02:19:32 am »

she loved me so much and I want her back.

* Arx hugs.
:(

Spoiler: Edit for sad (click to show/hide)

Talk to someone about it? One of us, a therapist unrelated to your school, your girlfriend...

I wish I could offer you real help, but I only have the internet...

* Arx hugs some more.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #86840 on: January 12, 2015, 02:42:27 am »

:-\
Reminds me of when we lost my grandmother--being adopted here, it was an even greater blow to me. She made me feel like family a ton before I realized that it was the same thing all around, just that it was 'more evident' with her, among many many others.

Crying about it is ok. Wishing for her back is also ok. What's not ok is to leave that wish as if its an anchor in you, as it'd...(mmph, what's the word >_<), corrode(?) your feelings from the inside.

Here in the Philippines, we (generally) believe that we can honor and further a deceased person we love by acting and emulating, following and understanding what they did, for others--especially those who meant well to them. Spiritually, its a sentimental note to them saying 'hey {loved one}, I miss you. But this is what you taught me and...thanks so much.'

Mutual benevolence and such.

Still, *much hugs to you*. It's not a thing to move on 'quick' or 'easy' or any of those strange adjectives which seem misplaced in these contexts, but in the long-run of things, they've done good--and that's what matters. The memories matter as much as the acts, in this place.

She's gone in the physical, yeah. But she's not really truly gone as a whole--she lives on in your memories, and thoughts are a myriad blessing on how they come, if from a loving and good source.

...Technically, that's a coping mechanism, but that technically (when I asked to my grandfather before he..followed in turn..) was usually handwaved as being 'too different to translate into Tagalog', or rather 'it doesn't catch the idea. "Coping" doesn't feel in the right place'. It's like something better ._.

Spoiler: Edit for sad (click to show/hide)
Don't give up, mate. The end of the line is when you start giving up on things, yourself. It's always an intangible line until your choice is made. (Meaning: It's never a permanent choice unless a permanent action is made :-\ which is something I'm not suggesting.)

Excuse my messy wording back there though. Sickness does my semantics no good. Though don't give up--we aren't giving up in believing you can do these things and support yourself. There are people over there who can help, and are capable of helping, but reach out to them and talk to them is my best note here ._. Depression is very well lessened when in good company.
PM sent

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #86841 on: January 12, 2015, 03:07:53 am »

For the past few weeks I've done nothing productive at all! Dx only games all day, and some gym on the side.

I want to do a programming thing but I don't know what to. The things i were doing before don't interest me as much anymore...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #86842 on: January 12, 2015, 06:21:10 am »

I think my exboss might hang me up to dry.
This is particularily sucky as I was one of his loyalists and played hard in his favor
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86843 on: January 12, 2015, 08:03:14 am »

Sorry for your loss. If you really want the above, I'll go get the shovel, but I don't think that's the best way of coping.
PM box is open, as always.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86844 on: January 12, 2015, 08:11:07 am »

Where is bottles Triruen when we need it?
... are you talking about Tiruin or Truean?
Tiruin sorry for the misspell
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86845 on: January 12, 2015, 09:33:01 am »

* Wolfkit hugs Vector and Kaladin

In my own sad, I just looked at my schedule and realized that MTWF, my classes end at 5:20.
...why didn't I catch this when registering?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86846 on: January 12, 2015, 09:54:59 am »

My condolences, Vector.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #86847 on: January 12, 2015, 10:12:05 am »

In my own sad, I just looked at my schedule and realized that MTWF, my classes end at 5:20.
...why didn't I catch this when registering?
If the suffering of others helps, mine end at 9:00 MWR.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86848 on: January 12, 2015, 10:28:00 am »

Trying to get a tech support job and the company I'm working with is being a nightmare. Ugh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86849 on: January 12, 2015, 11:13:52 am »

Persistent pain behind my eye.
It's been a few days now. Very annoying, slightly worrying.
Too late at night to dr it anyway- not that I have the $$
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 5788 5789 [5790] 5791 5792 ... 8167