Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5787 5788 [5789] 5790 5791 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428734 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #86820 on: January 11, 2015, 08:02:39 pm »

Boot USB of HitmanPro?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #86821 on: January 11, 2015, 08:47:30 pm »

Due to my mom accidentally leaving the garage open last night (how was this accomplished? My bet's on alcohol) our pregnant cat escaped and we still haven't found her.
Yaay I was even planning to do things today
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #86822 on: January 11, 2015, 09:10:28 pm »

I give up.
No one cares anyways.

I spent three days this week laying in bed because I couldn't be bothered to get up, and no one cared. I went to school and no one noticed I had been gone. I didn't even get marked absent by any of my teachers...
Apparently I could just disappear and no one would notice.

Being marked absent leads to punishment. Punishment was not desired for you. Your error is the same as society's.

Ours is a world mistaken. We either seek the approval of others or state they can fuck off. Neither is optimal; the inversion is. Rather, seek the approval of yourself; and cautious courtesy towards others. Simultaneously our greatest strength and our greatest weakness, we must determine ourselves what has meaning, and this is sorrowful, as an understatement. There are incredible impediments to this, and I have stumbled over many, alone and at times daunted by it. I have too kind a nature and it has been abused, repeatedly.

No form of loss is total except surrender. Do not.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #86823 on: January 11, 2015, 10:37:45 pm »

Bored. I could do something productive. I could play guitar. I should play guitar more.

Don't feel like it though. Everything I could do to not be bored doesn't do anything to detract from the boredom. Instead everything I try to do to not be bored just feels boring and unsatisfying.

I can feel the negativity and apathy and existential crisis starting to build up.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86824 on: January 11, 2015, 11:04:14 pm »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:51:15 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86825 on: January 11, 2015, 11:18:04 pm »

My step-grandmother died and I'm not coping well. I'm crying my fucking eyes out.

I'm sorry for your loss
*hug
I wish I had more comforting words but I truely don't know what to say, death is never an easy thing to cope with
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86826 on: January 11, 2015, 11:19:26 pm »

Bored. I could do something productive. I could play guitar. I should play guitar more.

Don't feel like it though. Everything I could do to not be bored doesn't do anything to detract from the boredom. Instead everything I try to do to not be bored just feels boring and unsatisfying.

I can feel the negativity and apathy and existential crisis starting to build up.
Would you like someone else who plays guitar to talk to for challenges or something/some other?
PM box is open if you've got any ideas, I need to start playing again/more as well

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #86827 on: January 11, 2015, 11:23:46 pm »

My step-grandmother died and I'm not coping well. I'm crying my fucking eyes out.
I think that's a fairly decent way of coping with the death of a loved one. :(

Internet support is coming your way

EDIT: Here. What I got.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:33:46 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86828 on: January 11, 2015, 11:30:49 pm »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:50:05 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86829 on: January 11, 2015, 11:33:56 pm »

I feel like quoting Avenged sevenfold here but I'm not sure if it would be helpful or not...

We're here for you vector.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #86830 on: January 11, 2015, 11:39:16 pm »

I also have distracting stories exactly one distracting story apparently, if those will help more than the paltry number of cute things above. Also on Steam if you want to vent at somebody that way.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 12:08:32 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #86831 on: January 11, 2015, 11:46:24 pm »

With the end of my winter break coming up I realized that I spent most of that time playing video games and holy shit I'm a failure and now I can't stop feeling remorse and guilt. I have done almost nothing productive with my time. Cannot stop feeling bad about that. If I drank and were of legal age and disposition to drink I'd probably be drowning myself in booze to forget about it.

Also sorry for your step-grandmother, Vector. That sucks.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #86832 on: January 12, 2015, 12:08:44 am »

she loved me so much and I want her back.

I don't know what to say except sorry for your loss. :(

With the end of my winter break coming up I realized that I spent most of that time playing video games and holy shit I'm a failure and now I can't stop feeling remorse and guilt. I have done almost nothing productive with my time. Cannot stop feeling bad about that. If I drank and were of legal age and disposition to drink I'd probably be drowning myself in booze to forget about it.
Everyone wastes time.  Its even easier over breaks when your life has no structure.

Like its good that you're self motivated and stuff but there's such a thing as taking it too far.  I've been there, and stressing out over past failures is not a path that leads to productivity.  Tell yourself you'll do better later and move on.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86833 on: January 12, 2015, 12:18:31 am »

Where is bottles Triruen when we need it?

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #86834 on: January 12, 2015, 12:28:55 am »

she loved me so much and I want her back.
Oh Vector... I'm sorry. :'(

Spoiler: Edit for sad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 12:39:31 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »
Pages: 1 ... 5787 5788 [5789] 5790 5791 ... 8167