Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5778 5779 [5780] 5781 5782 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436989 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #86685 on: January 09, 2015, 08:36:49 am »

I died in Angband, and it was a really stupid death.  I was like level 38 and Mostly at the farming stage of the game, killing monsters to level up and looking for artis and consumables id need for the endgame.  Had a rod of detection, no real excuse to get killed, then I tried a giant minivault with 3 elder titans.  They pulled me.while I was mindlessly whacking giants and when I realized it was too much to handle they were already on the final set of hits, too late to escape.

Shit
Shoes...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #86686 on: January 09, 2015, 08:47:01 am »

Him in the first movie was bad, and Natalie Portman's romance in the second was horrible. So what? I hated nearly all the protagonists in the original trilogy, doesn't mean they're not at least semi-good movies.
Why, Xantalos... you're breaking my heart!
Why do you say such things about Star Wars Episode of the Clones? It's not as bad as if... someone had seen a security hologram.... of the film.... killing younglings....
¡ :P :P :P :P

BTW I just realized something funny: I did not know how bad the acting was in the Prequel Trilogy because I watched it dubbed into Spanish. And the voice actors actually put in more effort into getting in character than the physical ones did.

As a sidenote whereas I blamed my nosebleeds on work's heating (drying my nasal muchosa)... it actually got BETTER during my night shift, and worse once I got home. So it must be my home's heating, if anything.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86687 on: January 09, 2015, 08:47:58 am »

I just feel this is gonna be a costly mistake no matter what I do. :X

But yeah, Mom's attitude is volatile at best, so I'm not sure what she's gonna do.

Now I need advice. I had just spoken again to the man this morning outside as I was pulling in from work. He says he called for a police report last night, but I wasn't informed of that at the time. He acknowledges he was illegally parked without my having to ask. He says he just wants insurance to handle it.

I'm simply not sure where to go from here. I thought I'd have had to been present at a police report. That and I still need to go and write down his insurance information cause I still don't have that.

Where should I go from here?

(as expected, my Mom is still being the most difficult and frustrating part of this whole ordeal)
If it's your mom's vehicle, just let her deal with it, if not then I think this is good advice.
Firstly, if one party wants insurance to go through it, you have no choice as far as I'm aware. Exchange insurance information.
Second, get the police report information, contact the police (non emergency line) and you'll probably go in and add your side to the report. THIS IS IMPORTANT as otherwise, it's all their word vs. no one.
Third, contact your insurance, explain the situation etc. and they should give you the next steps.
I really feel for you here, I'm still dealing with insurance from my accident in December. It can be frustrating. If it gets a bit much, take a second, sit back, and just remind yourself that thankfully no one was hurt, and it could have been way worse.
Also, keep in mind I'm not an expert at all, and local procedure may be different? But all the parties your contacting should be able to give you the correct steps.
edit: ALSO! My rather volatile father-in-law was the worst part of my ordeal too, so I get how that feels.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 08:50:25 am by timferius »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86688 on: January 09, 2015, 08:53:46 am »

As a sidenote whereas I blamed my nosebleeds on work's heating (drying my nasal muchosa)... it actually got BETTER during my night shift, and worse once I got home. So it must be my home's heating, if anything.

You could try getting a little humidifier and setting it up in your house.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86689 on: January 09, 2015, 09:20:30 am »

There's also the very real and retarded possibility that my Mom called them last night and impersonated a State Farm Agent. I'm just fuckin dumbstruck. The one person in my life I want to be a rational actor and be an adviser when things go wrong, they just do the most retarded shit possible.

For like the last twenty minutes she was screaming and yelling about the same shit over and over, and when she went with me to talk to him to grab his insurance info and side of the police report, we didn't get anything and she's just going on and on and on AND ON AND ON AND ON about how he "Looks high and is just partying all night and lying about getting the police report".

I'm just so fucking lost. She's tellin me that the situation is over, and I should just do nothing and wait to see what happens, when that just feels wrong. She repeated 50+ times that I should NOT get a hold of the cops, or the insurance, and instead just wait and see if anyone gets a hold of us first. If I do anything she's going to serious flip her shit and go mental again.

This is already boiling in my stomach. I feel sick. I just don't even know what to do.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86690 on: January 09, 2015, 09:29:06 am »

???
Well then, uhh, I have no idea what to do. That's a really tricky situation... they can get your insurance info from your plate #s if they have to, so it's not like you can just make it go away... My advice? Skip the country, head to Cuba.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86691 on: January 09, 2015, 09:31:42 am »

The weather would certainly be nicer :(

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86692 on: January 09, 2015, 10:05:17 am »

There's also the very real and retarded possibility that my Mom called them last night and impersonated a State Farm Agent. I'm just fuckin dumbstruck. The one person in my life I want to be a rational actor and be an adviser when things go wrong, they just do the most retarded shit possible.

For like the last twenty minutes she was screaming and yelling about the same shit over and over, and when she went with me to talk to him to grab his insurance info and side of the police report, we didn't get anything and she's just going on and on and on AND ON AND ON AND ON about how he "Looks high and is just partying all night and lying about getting the police report".

I'm just so fucking lost. She's tellin me that the situation is over, and I should just do nothing and wait to see what happens, when that just feels wrong. She repeated 50+ times that I should NOT get a hold of the cops, or the insurance, and instead just wait and see if anyone gets a hold of us first. If I do anything she's going to serious flip her shit and go mental again.

This is already boiling in my stomach. I feel sick. I just don't even know what to do.

Was it your moms car or your own?

No idea what to do either, other than maybe tell them the whole thing when they do come and let your mom go in a downward spiral with the insurance company?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86693 on: January 09, 2015, 10:07:13 am »

My car, but we share insurance between my car and her van.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86694 on: January 09, 2015, 10:11:33 am »

Well, uh, since it's technically her insurance (I think), go with her advice? If it blows up, it's probably likely to blow up in her face, not yours.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #86695 on: January 09, 2015, 01:57:59 pm »

The West Indies are busy kicking South Africa's T20 posterior.

Insofar as T20 cricket can be considered cricket, this is depressing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86696 on: January 09, 2015, 02:01:20 pm »

Well, uh, since it's technically her insurance (I think), go with her advice? If it blows up, it's probably likely to blow up in her face, not yours.

By the sounds of it, though, she'd blame him for any negative consequences of her actions, so he'd suffer for it anyway.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #86697 on: January 09, 2015, 03:00:44 pm »

Sister just broke up with boyfriend of more than two years.

She's sad, and that makes me sad.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86698 on: January 09, 2015, 03:19:59 pm »

Before I go to sleep, update:

My insurance adviser called me, informs me of a report of an accident that happened on a completely different street. Asks me alot of questions regarding the accident, I answer as truthfully as I can. Weirdest thing is that she has received no police report, when the guy said that he did last night after I left. No police have gotten a hold of me either despite having the means.

I call up the guy, I ask him which police department he called to give the report to, he hangs up on me immediately, and then turns his cell phone off so I can't even call him back. I realize I gotta do this myself, so I call up 911 and ask for non-emergency so that I can file a report. (My mom is finally coming to her senses now that she thinks that a false report is being made against me, still a huge pain in the ass though).

An officer finally comes over, I explain the best I can. I give her the guy's phone number and license plate number & address. There may have been some mixup, but I'm not entirely sure how. I want this to get smoothed over the best I can, but now he's hard to get a hold of.

My stomach is still knotted with worry. I picture that dumb mistake leading up the moment of impact, and all my faith in my driving ability is placed into question. Just stupid, I just feel stupid.

Good night, for now.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86699 on: January 09, 2015, 03:25:19 pm »

Honestly? It sucks, but just keep doing the right thing. Your insurance rate will probably go up, if your state does variable fault, and he was illegally parked, likely the fault will lie somewhere like 25% them 75% you. Your insurance will cover all but the deductible, so it's not going to be a massive financial blow (hopefully you have a low deductible). Generally insurance companies have to request a police report, so no surprise they don't have anything. Just make sure you get the report # and give it to your adjuster.
Again, don't beat yourself up over it, just make sure you know what happened, what went wrong, and avoid the situation in the future. Hell, I got HIT and I've adjusted my driving habits because of it (never trust someone to yield, even if you think it's blatantly obvious they should yield).
Pages: 1 ... 5778 5779 [5780] 5781 5782 ... 8167