Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5732 5733 [5734] 5735 5736 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442049 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #85995 on: December 30, 2014, 10:49:35 pm »

Well, I went to Interstellar today. Alone, because my girlfriend's mom wouldn't let her come.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85996 on: December 31, 2014, 12:29:50 am »

Does anybody actually enjoy the taste of processed cheese?

Yes, I am a chelitist.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #85997 on: December 31, 2014, 12:38:12 am »

Yes, in certain contexts. It is excellent as a sauce, for instance. However, it's not a good substitute for other kinds of cheese (and neither are other kinds of cheese a good substitute for it). It'd be like substituting a sharp cheddar in a recipe that calls for cream cheese - madness of the highest order.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #85998 on: December 31, 2014, 12:48:37 am »

I periodically munch on boutique cheese every now and then so HIGH FIVE.

Also processed is only acceptable in a Philly cheesesteak or in nacho queso
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85999 on: December 31, 2014, 01:14:58 am »

What do we mean by processed? As in, yellow near-plastic Kraft singles that you find on burgers, or just cheese that has been processed in some form or fashion?

If it's the former, Alone? No, it's terrible like that. On certain meals? Yeah, is breddy gudd.

alsoTameryou'reonlysupposedtoputProvoloneontopofacheesesteak
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86000 on: December 31, 2014, 02:04:04 am »

The establishment I stopped at in Philly used spray can cheez whiz. It was pretty good steak (and ludicrously expensive, $13 for half a sub!), and there was a long line so I assumed popularity, too.

Also, they were absolutely appalled when I asked them to hold the onions. Bleh onions.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86001 on: December 31, 2014, 03:23:58 am »

Saw an old 'friend' at the youth conference. She.... Ummm how do I put it.... She didn't have a good reputation at my school.... And I haven't seen her in years...... She looks like the same person, I know I don't look any familiar though and I can't work up the guts to say hi.... What the heck? Am I this anti social?

To make it better she has looked me dead in the face a few times and didn't react at all so I'm guessing I look ungodly different than last time she saw me......
Ya..... This sucks......
This is one of those old friends I wouldn't mind seeing how they are doing right now and I'm too why to talk to them... Just great....

Over use of periods............
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #86002 on: December 31, 2014, 03:27:57 am »

Saw an old 'friend' at the youth conference. She.... Ummm how do I put it.... She didn't have a good reputation at my school.... And I haven't seen her in years...... She looks like the same person, I know I don't look any familiar though and I can't work up the guts to say hi.... What the heck? Am I this anti social?

To make it better she has looked me dead in the face a few times and didn't react at all so I'm guessing I look ungodly different than last time she saw me......
Ya..... This sucks......
This is one of those old friends I wouldn't mind seeing how they are doing right now and I'm too why to talk to them... Just great....

Might encouragement of us internet people work up your confidence? You should totally say hi, mention your name.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86003 on: December 31, 2014, 03:29:12 am »

Got home late last night, could barely sleep on account of continuous nightmares, and now I seem to be coming down with a cold :(

Minor sads, but sads nonetheless.
Nightmares are not minor sads... D:

Nightmares suuuuuuck. I think they're the reason I don't remember my dreams anymore. They're too traumatic and my brain pushes them out.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86004 on: December 31, 2014, 03:33:05 am »

Nightmares suuuuuuck. I think they're the reason I don't remember my dreams anymore. They're too traumatic and my brain pushes them out.

Give me your dream-extinguishing powers, please.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86005 on: December 31, 2014, 03:36:00 am »

Ya..... This sucks......

Might encouragement of us internet people work up your confidence? You should totally say hi, mention your name.

In context of when she saw me:
Arcade at a rec plex, a friend and I were playing pool and talking to each other by name infront of her and she saw me several times.
Also while I was playing broom hockey my name was called out directly at me at the top of some ones lungs. She was in the 'crowd' so obviously would have noticed........

I over think things don't i?
I think I'll try to say hi, I honestly wonder if life has gotten better for her......

Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86006 on: December 31, 2014, 03:37:33 am »

You don't want it. Trust me.
You end up waking up more tired than you felt when you fell asleep because you've been having anxiety attacks in your sleep. At least I assume that's what happens, because really the only time I feel rested when I wake up is when I had a super boring uneventful dream.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86007 on: December 31, 2014, 03:39:34 am »

You don't want it. Trust me.
You end up waking up more tired than you felt when you fell asleep because you've been having anxiety attacks in your sleep. At least I assume that's what happens, because really the only time I feel rested when I wake up is when I had a super boring uneventful dream.

Meh, that's par for the course anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #86008 on: December 31, 2014, 04:04:58 am »

Can I give you mine? I haven't had a dream since I was six... 11 dream free years.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86009 on: December 31, 2014, 04:14:15 am »

I had a weird dream today. Went on for like, an hour for me. IRL? About half an hour. Weeeeird.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 5732 5733 [5734] 5735 5736 ... 8167