Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5729 5730 [5731] 5732 5733 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443633 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #85950 on: December 28, 2014, 07:42:17 pm »

I wouldn't go to such extremes as trying to change the facts, but you should definitely put up resistance to changing your ideas. Otherwise you'd just be agreeing with whatever you were told most recently.
+1, kind of.

There's a difference between facts and "whatever you were told most recently", but I guess that's what you mean anyway.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #85951 on: December 28, 2014, 07:51:06 pm »

I wouldn't go to such extremes as trying to change the facts, but you should definitely put up resistance to changing your ideas. Otherwise you'd just be agreeing with whatever you were told most recently.

Of course. But a bit of flexibility is required.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #85952 on: December 28, 2014, 07:58:34 pm »

Some guy took my girlfriend's phone and messaged me with it.
First he wanted me to guess his name, then he called me a loser and told me my girlfriend doesn't trust me.

She got her phone back though, so that's good...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #85953 on: December 28, 2014, 09:43:07 pm »

First he wanted me to guess his name, then he called me a loser and told me my girlfriend doesn't trust me.

Sounds sensible, when you think about it. I mean, finding out whether you knew who he was before insulting you.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #85954 on: December 28, 2014, 09:55:19 pm »

Drama's started up here again. My nephew's other grandparent's are pulling shit, and my sister isn't really doing anything about it, so my ma decided that suing for custody is the proper thing to do. While drunk. She started interogating my nephew about what was going on over at his other grandparent's house, and proceeded to tell him that he's going to have to decide where to live, and that some important people are going to be asking him things. This all went down today, and there hasn't even been consultations with a lawyer, let alone papers being filed. Any action is at least several months away, and there is absolutely no reason to be worrying a four year old with this crap at this time. When I called her on it, she blew up at me, so I blew up at her and read her a riot act that's long overdue, starting with her tendency to treat everyone around her like garbage when she's drinking, continuing through my inability to keep anything remotely alcoholic in the house without her guzzling it, and finishing up with the fact that I really don't give a damn about her goddamn martyr complex. She proceeds to try to kick me out of the house, which she can't do without a formal eviction process that she has no legal right to invoke in the first goddamn place (the house is entirely in my dad's name, not joint property, as she was told last time she tried to force someone out of the house), and she was only prevented from attacking me because my dad dragged her into the other room.

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of putting up with her shit. I'm tired of going to work dead tired because she decided to spend the entire night screaming at anyone and everyone. I'm tired of her declaring that she "worked her ass off" during the (non-continuous) year she's spent working out of the past 15+ years. I'm sick of pretending that she did nothing wrong when she's all apologetic the next day. If she EVER raises her hands to me again, I'm pressing charges, and I will NOT back down on that.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85955 on: December 28, 2014, 10:07:12 pm »

Sounds sensible, when you think about it. I mean, finding out whether you knew who he was before insulting you.

Also a really shitty thing to say. I mean, this stranger has the SO's phone and is saying that the SO doesn't trust captain. Kiind of a shitty move.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85956 on: December 28, 2014, 10:40:14 pm »

Major part of holidays this year was going to get to see my sister that I havnt been able to speak to for months (like 0 communication because of work) and when she comes in town we were supposed to do family things and talk and all...
NOPE! Her boyfriend person thing won't let us have one freaking moment as a family and she has decided to stay at his house every night while here too sooo ya....
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #85957 on: December 29, 2014, 12:32:13 am »

My emotions only go between hopelessness - apathy - nothing.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:49:00 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #85958 on: December 29, 2014, 03:00:38 am »

Yesterday I was too exhausted and pretty much crashed to sleep before 10:30 pm.

Today I stayed up until 2:00 in the morning reading creepypastas. Guess who screwed up their sleep schedule again. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeewhydoidothistomyself.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85959 on: December 29, 2014, 07:19:41 am »

My emotions only go between hopelessness - apathy - nothing.

Hey, at least you have variation!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85960 on: December 29, 2014, 10:56:02 am »

IDK if this should go here or the terrified thread, but whatever.

I apparently have been ignoring my body's needs for long enough that I lost the ability to tell if I'm hungry. It just started with me not eating breakfast because I had to get something done and I didn't have time, and then not preparing my lunch for the same reasons, which sucked for the first few days, but the feeling of being hungry stopped after a week or so, and I just... stopped eating. I wasn't intentionally starving myself, but I just didn't eat. I pretty much only ate dinner, and that only because I was constantly reminded of it, every single day. Fast forward a few months, and now, when I'm trying to fix all of these habits I dropped (like eating and sleeping), I just don't feel hungry, pretty much at all, regardless of how much I need to eat.

In addition, I just got back from the holiday road trip to see my relatives. My grandparents on my mothers side... *sigh*. My grandmother literally said "Did you know that everything they teach you in schools is false?", and meant it. When my mother, standing not 5 feet away, taught chemistry, and the only reason she quit was because she was letting it consume her life. This same grandmother also felt that scientific papers should include the researcher's feelings, that nothing in the real world is real (which I could accept, if she didn't use it to justify some of the other stuff she talked about), and that her scabies medication made it worse, while some 'cure' she found and ordered worked great, because her arm ached when she used the medication, which IIRC, she only used twice. My great-grandmother is losing her memories (thought my sister was my aunt, thought that my great-grandfather was alive, etc.). My grandfather has his own slew of problems, and was mad at my grandmother because she threw away the six non-functioning vacuum cleaners he had squirreled away in her basement.

Sorry bout that wall o text, just needed to vent some feels.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #85961 on: December 29, 2014, 11:38:13 am »

It's not too much of a WoT. And :(

Why are so many Bay12ers forgetting to eat?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #85962 on: December 29, 2014, 11:43:12 am »

I don't know either.

Eating is one of those things you get into a habit of. For a long time I didn't ever eat lunch, and for a similar time I never ate breakfast, but I've managed to get back to eating both almost every day. I don't really ever feel hungry either.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #85963 on: December 29, 2014, 01:19:14 pm »

Huh.

Well, I am more or less the exact opposite, since I'm hungry all the god damn time. It's actually pretty irritating.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85964 on: December 29, 2014, 02:11:30 pm »

I don't know either.

Eating is one of those things you get into a habit of. For a long time I didn't ever eat lunch, and for a similar time I never ate breakfast, but I've managed to get back to eating both almost every day. I don't really ever feel hungry either.
I rarely eat breakfast unless told to.....
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 5729 5730 [5731] 5732 5733 ... 8167