Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5682 5683 [5684] 5685 5686 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9407774 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #85245 on: December 08, 2014, 08:23:56 am »

And this is why I'm a consol gamer
No need to care about if my computer will run it or not as long as the disc is marked with the systems logo
Sad thing that you have no mods, a smaller collection of games, no free games, and only 30 FPS.

The only thing consoles excel in is convenience, really. And they get some games in a better shape because lazy ports.

PC has so many nice things ;~;
Yes, you get errors, but not often, and there's usually a solution (I've only ever encountered one unsolvable error, and that was with civ 4 not liking SOMETHING about my old computer)

E:
As for sads, I don't have any books left to read except for the Da Vinci Code and a Neil Gaiman anthology. The Da Vinci Code I just sort of don't want to read and the anthology is way too real to read in bed before going to sleep and fails utterly at properly distracting me. Despite that, I've read almost all of it.

Meh, I should probably go to the library.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 08:38:50 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #85246 on: December 08, 2014, 08:55:47 am »

Grandfather of a friend died D:

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85247 on: December 08, 2014, 09:30:53 am »

Grandfather of a friend died D:
*Cryxis hugs Tiruin
Death is never good
I'm sorry
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #85248 on: December 08, 2014, 09:34:19 am »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:41:04 am by penguinofhonor »

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85249 on: December 08, 2014, 09:59:54 am »

A trans acquaintance of mine encouraged one of his trans friends to come out to their parents. The parents didn't take it well. The friend committed suicide.
Oof. Just... oof.

'Acquaintance' implies you're not too close to this person, but if you think it'd help, you should offer a voice of support anyway. Life is hard enough for some folks without this kind of emotional firestorm, and it's good to be reminded that others care. 'Tis the season =/

It's a small enough consolation, but the thoughts of an internet stranger are with you and them.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #85250 on: December 08, 2014, 10:01:18 am »

Well that's not kosher at all :/

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85251 on: December 08, 2014, 10:02:04 am »

A trans acquaintance of mine encouraged one of his trans friends to come out to their parents. The parents didn't take it well. The friend committed suicide.
This makes me really sad on so many levels. As a parent, I can't imagine making my child feel unaccepted no matter what. And as a parent I can't imagine the devastation of knowing deep inside that you drove your child to suicide. And as a friend I can't imagine the feelings of guilt for suggesting it, even though it's not their fault.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85252 on: December 08, 2014, 10:02:39 am »

I seem to have gained weight recently. My belt is getting tight. I really should force myself back into the habit of running/jogging a bit more, but I'm just so pathetically lazy these days. :(

I really want to try going to a gym, but I would have no idea where to start/how to use the equipment and I'd be ashamed of my physique... That's a big double-whammy of shyness and anxiety right there.
Also it would cost money, but that's not as big a deal.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85253 on: December 08, 2014, 10:05:48 am »

I seem to have gained weight recently. My belt is getting tight. I really should force myself back into the habit of running/jogging a bit more, but I'm just so pathetically lazy these days. :(

I really want to try going to a gym, but I would have no idea where to start/how to use the equipment and I'd be ashamed of my physique... That's a big double-whammy of shyness and anxiety right there.

This about 100%. I've put on so much weight over the 5 years I've had this desk job and I just can't bring myself to get to the gym.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #85254 on: December 08, 2014, 10:27:24 am »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:41:09 am by penguinofhonor »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85255 on: December 08, 2014, 10:31:05 am »

This about 100%. I've put on so much weight over the 5 years I've had this desk job and I just can't bring myself to get to the gym.
Don't go to the gym, guys. It's soul-crushing.
Do calisthenics, in the quiet of your room.
Check the bay12 guild's "dwarven gauntlet" challenge here:
https://habitrpg.com/#/options/groups/challenges/550c5156-4873-4dfe-be44-80b912963035
for a nice breakdown of what to do.

It does wonders to your physique.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85256 on: December 08, 2014, 11:38:45 am »

You're welcome.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85257 on: December 08, 2014, 11:49:32 am »

https://habitrpg.com/#/options/groups/challenges/550c5156-4873-4dfe-be44-80b912963035

Hmm, doesn't show up for me, just gives me a list of challenges and it doesn't seem to be on there. I'm not 100% sure on how challenge work but maybe it's only visible to party and/or guild members?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85258 on: December 08, 2014, 11:52:16 am »

You may need to ctrl+F "Dwarven Gauntlet".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85259 on: December 08, 2014, 11:52:50 am »

I think this is just what i needed to finaly be healthy for once in my life
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 5682 5683 [5684] 5685 5686 ... 8166