Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5633 5634 [5635] 5636 5637 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453699 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84510 on: November 15, 2014, 04:31:39 pm »

For anyone that remembers my story about the girl that's ignoring me on FB.

I'm just sad and upset at myself, cause I visit FB every day to check to see if there's a reply. I don't do anything, I just check. There's a just a part of me that is hoping beyond all hope that there was some miscommunication, something that was left out and we're actually still on speaking terms.

I just feel like trash, just human trash thrown away by someone else. Again.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84511 on: November 15, 2014, 06:49:24 pm »

Take store-bought eggs, blow them, fill them with mustard and/or dish soap, leave them in the coop. The chickens will peck them, only to get a taste of something foul, and learn to associate pecking eggs with that taste. Of course, this also requires that we be on the lookout to intercept undoctored eggs so they don't get mixed signals, though some sources suggest the mustard/dish soap experience is so horrible that it would discourage them even if we didn't.
Actually in terms of conditioning having mixed signals is exactly the thing you want. It makes the message stick long after the actual influence has been removed.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84512 on: November 15, 2014, 07:36:45 pm »

i became single about half an hour ago
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84513 on: November 15, 2014, 07:42:15 pm »

Considering your not mentioning anything of the sort, I guess you can console yourself that it was not one of these dramatic sitcom breakups.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84514 on: November 15, 2014, 08:16:50 pm »

i became single about half an hour ago
* Helgoland offers blackjack and hookers, if you're into that sort of thing.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #84515 on: November 15, 2014, 08:22:11 pm »

When I read "blackjack" the first time, I misinterpreted it as "blackjack" and wondered why you were knocking Descan unconscious.

Anyway. My condolences, Descan. I just started typing "Descan" as "Batman". What the hell?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84516 on: November 15, 2014, 08:24:08 pm »

I guess you could apply that kind of blackjack to the hookers, but in general it's easier to just pay them.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #84517 on: November 15, 2014, 10:40:12 pm »

Pain. a few weeks ago I talked to a certain female humanoid, asked her what happiness was, then I told her I don't know what its like cause I haven't been happy in years, then when I'm leaving I thank her for trying to answer my question and sharing with me her mellifluous voice.

I told myself that I did it for amusement, but really I just wanted to talk to her. Feelings are weird, and downsetting.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84518 on: November 15, 2014, 11:39:20 pm »

I wasted the day procrastinating. I feel so guilty about it now that I want to give up, cry a bit, and go to bed, and it makes starting the homework I'm behind on even harder to do.

Don't procrastinate, kids.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84519 on: November 15, 2014, 11:49:14 pm »

So I just realised that everything in my face is trying to make my life more miserable.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #84520 on: November 16, 2014, 01:37:33 am »

So, today I tried to be cheerful and hope for the future to be better... I failed.
I tried to be happy or excited about anything... I failed at that too. :(

I haven't even has a positive emotion for at least five months, and that was just feeling safe and wanted. What even is happiness?
Mostly I just feel gloomy.

And I can't even eat. I get nauseated at the thought of food, and I can only eat when my hunger gets bigger then my sick feeling. And then I just eat a meal in less than a minute, then spend an hour feeling like vomiting.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84521 on: November 16, 2014, 02:08:40 am »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:52:00 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84522 on: November 16, 2014, 07:59:35 pm »

I just realized that I have fallen for one of the few people I would think of as a friend. She's gay.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84523 on: November 16, 2014, 08:01:05 pm »

I just realized that I have fallen for one of the few people I would think of as a friend. She's gay.
Given where you posted this comment, I'm going to assume you're a male? Ah... That sucks...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84524 on: November 16, 2014, 09:49:35 pm »

Lovely. My emotionally abusive mother has told me that a funeral is no excuse to let any weakness show. She stated that they happen every day and that you have to move on. Keep in mind that the funeral was this morning. It has not been 6 hours yet....

I very briefly and slightly lashed back at her a bit by saying, "Mooommmm...." in a low rising tone that ended in an exclamation point that basically should've communicated to anybody, "really, you don't comprehend this is not ok?"

She mockingly repeated me and[...] I told her she needed to stop. I just walked away from her ranting after that. Something or other about "grow up!" No matter your age, the death of friends and funerals will lead to sadness. At some point, every culture on earth recognizes the right to grieve, and it seems this is unacceptable to her.... Her actions are unacceptable bullshit, but she is in such stupid denial that there is no point in talking to her about it. I'm just going to try and not let it bother me....
What matters is the truth--and what she beliefs is her own subjective truth. If she attributes weakness to crying? Let her...and probably help her out of it when and if she is willing...as these things stem from beliefs. Most people who are abusive have experienced deep abuse themselves, and project it out to others due to lacking support at their time (in most cases).

What is objectively true is that it is ok to cry. Crying =/= weakness, and when you actually think of it, there is no weakness at all when mourning someone who has died. She has a skewed version of reality--where people who have grown up don't 'succumb to such ideas', when in truth she hasn't grown up herself and matured with her emotions. :-\

Don't let it bother you. Be yourself, and cry--keep acting as yourself in that context, as they can't change you. Just influence you.
While a person has free will, choice, and thought in regard to these, it is their beliefs that act as controls and cyclic mechanisms with their choices. Best way as far as I know currently is to keep on being yourself, and reinforce what right is there (which...we can all see is right). Others will see that--and regardless of how many around you don't, there are those that do, and aspire due to your actions.

It's saddening that your mother hasn't let go and grown though. :-\ Probably get her help?
I could assume this would be a matter of misunderstanding but the later parts...

So, today I tried to be cheerful and hope for the future to be better... I failed.
I tried to be happy or excited about anything... I failed at that too. :(

I haven't even has a positive emotion for at least five months, and that was just feeling safe and wanted. What even is happiness?
Mostly I just feel gloomy.

And I can't even eat. I get nauseated at the thought of food, and I can only eat when my hunger gets bigger then my sick feeling. And then I just eat a meal in less than a minute, then spend an hour feeling like vomiting.
You failed. So what? Doesn't mean that you can't try again :P
I'm poking rather at the matter of failure in this wording seemingly meaning 'it won't work', instead of 'slight error in the process which can be overcome'. Failure happens. Don't let it stop you from trying good things like you mentioned here.
Try to meet up with people oriented and with experience in these kinds of concepts to help assess yourself and what's going on around you (and basically be with + people, because that helps quite passively and actively a lot).
Though...I really doubt it is quite that depressing there and that there isn't anyone available in your locality to aid ya :-\
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:52:04 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 5633 5634 [5635] 5636 5637 ... 8167