Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5631 5632 [5633] 5634 5635 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427000 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84480 on: November 14, 2014, 10:05:48 pm »

My intestines feel like they've been turned inside out, flayed, used as a riding crop, and worn around town as a particularly jaunty hat. My stomach has been betrayed, befouled, and belittled. I am experiencing pain both astronomical and gastronomical. I have transcended above mere 'ow', this is agony. Pure, cruel, agony. My rectum has been betrayed. I am no longer a virgin to the world, my innocent has been forever tarnished. For eternity I will wear the scars of this, this encounter of the intestinal kind.

Et tu, Sweet Baby Ray's?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84481 on: November 14, 2014, 10:36:46 pm »

If some generic barbecue sauce did that to you, I wonder what would happen if you ate my chili.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84482 on: November 15, 2014, 12:17:32 am »

Shiiiieeet I feel lonely tonight. I wish I had friends. I wish I could make friends. I wish I could meet people. I wish I knew where to meet people. I can think of generic places - parties, fraternities, clubs, events - but none of them seem like viable options. Like I just don't belong there. Like I don't belong around people.

Sigh. I should change myself. Eventually. Can't start tonight, it's too late. But eventually. Probably. Maybe.

SIgh. Aaaaaaaaangst.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84483 on: November 15, 2014, 12:22:07 am »

Went back and read one of my island games from long ago. Sad that I had to let it slip into oblivion. ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84484 on: November 15, 2014, 12:35:53 am »

parties, fraternities, clubs, events
Those are horrible places for finding friends! People who go there usually already are in groups, so their social needs are already satisfied.
Practically everyone I'd consider my friend I've met in school or at university. There are two notable exceptions: The first is a guy who grew up practically next door who's as close to family as a friend can get, and the second is someone I met through a friend. And I guess there's a whole bunch of people - my crowd, so to speak - that I kinda slipped into via that almost-relative. But generally I've made friends with people I was going to be around anyway*. Purposefully going out and meeting people has a very low chance of success; look around and see who you don't totally detest - they're your best bet.
First thing that comes to mind: Get a small group (from school, university, work, whatever) together and watch some movies generally recognized as good - like Fight Club, or a Tarantino. Something practically everyone can enjoy, or at least tolerate. Just casually mention the idea, and if it resonates, suggest a time and place. The rest will (hopefully) develop on its own.

*I'm a quite sociable though and make friends rather easily. But in general people respond reasonably well as long as you stick to the generally accepted rules of human contact, i.e. don't throw feces at them or something.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84485 on: November 15, 2014, 12:43:05 am »

Shiiiieeet I feel lonely tonight. I wish I had friends. I wish I could make friends. I wish I could meet people. I wish I knew where to meet people. I can think of generic places - parties, fraternities, clubs, events - but none of them seem like viable options. Like I just don't belong there. Like I don't belong around people.

Sigh. I should change myself. Eventually. Can't start tonight, it's too late. But eventually. Probably. Maybe.

SIgh. Aaaaaaaaangst.
No time is too late--not deciding, that is. Don't speak of it like its already limited away from you: the first limit is set by yourself upon yourself.
Never too late. It's not too late when you choose. :P

Fun thing: Ask your friends or those close to you 'how do I make friends'.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84486 on: November 15, 2014, 08:11:26 am »

The only real life friends I ever had were all gained at school, or because one of my siblings knew them, which they met at school.
I have never been to any sort of party, but they sound like miserable places.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84487 on: November 15, 2014, 08:26:08 am »

The only real life friends I ever had were all gained at school, or because one of my siblings knew them, which they met at school.
Chill on the idea of parties being miserable places :P
Go out and make friends \o/ If you want an example--think about how you made me your friend. :P

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84488 on: November 15, 2014, 08:33:47 am »

Depends on whether you're drunk enough or not. But we had that topic already...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #84489 on: November 15, 2014, 09:07:14 am »

Precisely the same. Though, given I'm still at school, that explains why my friends are from there.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #84490 on: November 15, 2014, 11:07:07 am »

Chill on the idea of parties being miserable places :P
Go out and make friends \o/ If you want an example--think about how you made me your friend. :P

Eh, I disagree. At least at my age bracket, party = get drunk and, optionally and depending on a location, dance. And did I mention getting shitfaced yet? That is literally interchangeable. And nothing else.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a teetotaler - matter of fact, I've got a glass of wine cruising through my system at the moment - but I find that a depressingly boring way to enjoy life. And that's from experience - I've given them a couple of shots in the past, and approximately half of those ended up with me leaving early due to being bored.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84491 on: November 15, 2014, 11:25:32 am »

Pretty much the above. That's why I'm a barfly - I go to a disco about once per semester to remind me why I don't go more often.
The Bay12 postcard club

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #84492 on: November 15, 2014, 11:45:27 am »

Bleh, had way way too much alcohol last night.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84493 on: November 15, 2014, 11:54:53 am »

I am currently sitting huddled beneath a tram shelter hiding from the rain.

I really hope the trams start up soon.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84494 on: November 15, 2014, 12:12:46 pm »

I am currently sitting huddled beneath a tram shelter hiding from the rain.

I really hope the trams start up soon.
In the rain.

Work is cutting back everyone's hours to hire a couple new part-timers, "so we have more flexibility for covering shifts". Would normally go in the Rage thread, but I'm just too tired. Maybe this is what cogwheels feel like all the time.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 5631 5632 [5633] 5634 5635 ... 8167