Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5616 5617 [5618] 5619 5620 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438320 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84255 on: November 10, 2014, 02:13:57 pm »

* Objective tangles Dutchling with an e-bola.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #84256 on: November 10, 2014, 02:19:04 pm »

Got some bacon-flavored Pringles.

They're not as good as something bacon-flavored should be.  :(

EDIT: Also, been fighting the sinus crud for days, as has the GF. Hers is worse because she accidentally inhaled some chai tea and her sinuses have been inflamed ever since.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:22:28 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84257 on: November 10, 2014, 03:37:48 pm »

Kaladin, I would try to help but I don't have the slightest idea as to how I could.
I could try saying "Your life is worth it, blah blah" but I'm guessing you've already heard about four hundred times and if you're suicidal, it won't mean shit.

All I can really tell you is my own experience of overdosing on antidepressants, but I wasn't even trying to kill myself, just to feel numb to all the pain. (By the way, overdosing hurts like shit)

I've wanted to kill myself more times than I care to count. I've held knives to my throat countless times, seriously considering it. I've tried to drown myself. Sometimes it feels like there's still water in my lungs. But the fact of the matter is that none of my experiences really mean shit, because it's not like that helps you in the slightest.

And it's not to say that I don't care, I seriously hope that things improve to the point where it feels like life has an actual point to it, but I don't know what I can say to get any sort of positive feeling over to you.

*sigh*

I'm worried sick about my best friend because they're going through hell right now, and I sent them three messages and I don't even know if they've seen them, or if they're ok, or anything, and I'm worried as fuck about them.

I went to marriage councilling today, and accomplished considerably less than I hoped for, because we didn't have enough time to cover any of the things I wanted to cover, and I haven't been able to talk about my muscle spasms getting worse because it was just briefly skimmed over and not even seriously touched on.

I can't even use the laptop, even though I'm at the library, because fuck if I know what fried the damn thing, and I can't even remember how to set the thing to a prior save date to see if that will even work, because it crashes on booting, and the only thing I can access are the setup options, but those don't seem to have what I'm looking for.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84258 on: November 10, 2014, 06:43:01 pm »

The brief CV-writing course I just had to attend made me simultaneously glad that I'm better than the other dregs who were there, and depressed that I had to be there in the first place regardless.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84259 on: November 10, 2014, 08:12:34 pm »

Like being a college graduate in an employment office.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84260 on: November 10, 2014, 08:32:39 pm »

God I hate Mondays. God I need a break. Uuuuugh. Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

What am I even accomplishing in college. What can I hope to achieve here. What am I even doing here. I don't belong here. What am I doing with my life. What is this I don't even.

Bumming myself out.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84261 on: November 10, 2014, 08:34:56 pm »

God I hate Mondays. God I need a break. Uuuuugh. Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

Unfortunately, there's a long week ahead of us.. I wish it were Friday already..
* Ultimuh sighs.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #84262 on: November 10, 2014, 08:39:19 pm »

I won an Amazon gift card in a thing, and ordered two more books that I "needed". I've already run out of bookshelf space  :'(

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

jax3639

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_BARE_HANDS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84263 on: November 11, 2014, 12:54:10 am »

I had a "what if" thought some time ago
all of my "what if" thoughts are/become sad
and this one hit me hard

I thought: "What if one of my friends were dying of cancer?"
and it snowballed

At one point I was imagining my friends in a hospital bed and giving me some gift to remind me of them
most of the gifts were sad
but my best friend's gift was on a completely new level of sad

For reference he is a brony

He gives me a plushie of of his favorite pony, pinkie pie, who represents laughter, parties, joy, etc. to cheer me up despite the fact that he is dying

I kinda break myself and sink into a depression that lasts a few days
The bag weighs twice my dwarf right now, containing nothin but guts, vomit, and a dead kobold.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #84264 on: November 11, 2014, 01:55:18 am »

Some people invited me to go get food with them tomorrow, but I'm already exhausted from spending time with my family all weekend. So I'm probably just not going to go... People are tiring.

But then I am leaving my friend as a third wheel with a couple. :(
I don't know what to do.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84265 on: November 11, 2014, 02:19:58 am »

Meditate, chill or otherwise fortify your psyche in a quiet place for a while before going and enjoying yourself, knowing that you may be doing them a favor by being there if they're introverts. Then go home, unwind in a calm place for a bit, and smile. You get to smile because even though you are the only one who knows that it takes effort to be around people (you're not alone in this, but I know it feels that way,) you did a good deed by expending effort that was not absolutely needed. You went above and beyond, and no one can take that from you, no matter how much energy they take.

If you need to vent about being an introvert in an extroverted world, I'm all ears.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84266 on: November 11, 2014, 03:54:00 am »

My feet are too cold for me to get to sleep. I've doubled up my socks, wrapped all of my blankets around my feet as best I can, but I can't seem to warm them up, like the warm air is still escaping. They hurt, now. ;-;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84267 on: November 11, 2014, 03:56:19 am »

just pull them up to your stomach and use your body heat geez man

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84268 on: November 11, 2014, 03:57:27 am »

Or use a blow dryer. Or a bag of rice in the microwave. Or a hot water bottle. Or a towel from the dryer.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84269 on: November 11, 2014, 03:59:15 am »

I second LSPs suggestion. You can also put your hands around them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 5616 5617 [5618] 5619 5620 ... 8167