Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5602 5603 [5604] 5605 5606 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448435 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84045 on: November 04, 2014, 06:47:26 pm »

I don't know anymore. I'm a little burnt out.  [hug]

I've come to the conclusion that most of these people knew exactly what they did wrong and are simply pissed that they got caught, and they would like to forcibly demand that society change to their bullshit expectations. Sure, there are some innocent ones, but they get sucked into this vast abyss of guilty. I'm amazed that people don't want to talk to me/anyone about defending a civil or even/especially a criminal case. They are upset at the police and want to focus on punishing them.... No no, you're in the soup, and the focus is on getting you off the menu.... They then look at me like I'm a total asshole and a complete moron, because stupid people are correct only in their own minds. The problem with this is that they demand the rest of us see things their (wrong) way and are often prepared to be most unpleasant and forceful in doing so.

Nobody gives a damn it seems, or rather they want everything "fixed" immediately and for free. We're in the middle of a massive heroine epidemic and nobody wants to face it, much less fix it. It feels as though society dumped all of its problems on me, and then was astonished when I couldn't give everybody everything they wanted, even and especially when those things are completely conflicting and impossible.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84046 on: November 04, 2014, 06:54:14 pm »

Turn around, and say to her: "Do you know these moments where you want to say something but don't know what?"

Trust me, extensive use of meta levels is strongly correlated with getting laid. 100% backed up by statistics I totally did not make up.
+1

Also find common interests, listen to her, be a gentle man when possible, and never insult her
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 07:23:07 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #84048 on: November 04, 2014, 07:59:29 pm »

Someone needs to create a mannequin thing that you can connect to the PC and send hugs to that will hug the person using the computer at that time.
Headline: Hug Murderer Strikes Again
Japanese robot companies responds with "We never would have imagined using the robot to strangle people in their sleep".
:P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #84049 on: November 04, 2014, 09:53:08 pm »

Head hurts like a dozen serrated daggers through the skull, coated in hot sauce.
Sight of a lightbulb is enough to trigger a ferocious rage.
I am flooded with noises, and hear every single one clearly, but with the volume of a moon rocket at point blank.

I will not come back to work tommorow, not with this migrane.
Go to sleep. Right now. Turn off your computer, go to your bedroom, turn off all lights and shut the curtains, and go to sleep.
Being awake is obviously not doing anything for you.
Thanks for the advice, but I couldn't do that; I was at work, had an hour and a half left on my shift. Also, I took some medicine before going home, napped on the way there, and feel much better now.

I will go back to work. I'm just taking that bottle of medicine with me just in case the headache decides to come back. And I know a nice dark closet to take a short break in if I need it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84050 on: November 04, 2014, 11:29:33 pm »

I had a panic attack at work. Started feeling dizzy and hyperventilating. Tried cooling myself off with some icewater, but after an hour of my heart racing and feeling like I was going to vomit, I had to duck out early. The minute I got home I fell into bed and passed out for a good 3 hours. This is why I feel like slapping people when they tell me my anxiety disorder doesn't hinder my work.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84051 on: November 04, 2014, 11:37:37 pm »

I imagine there's already been a fair amount of whining about this and it should probably be kept in the American politics thread, the midterms have not turned out too well for us. Aaaargh.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #84052 on: November 04, 2014, 11:48:38 pm »

I imagine there's already been a fair amount of whining about this and it should probably be kept in the American politics thread, the midterms have not turned out too well for us. Aaaargh.

That begs the question: who's us?

Democrats?  Libertarians? Ron Paul Clones? Ninjas? Feral Space Cats?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84053 on: November 04, 2014, 11:58:28 pm »

That begs the question: who's us?

Democrats?  Libertarians? Ron Paul Clones? Ninjas? Feral Space Cats?

All of the above.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #84054 on: November 04, 2014, 11:59:02 pm »

I had a panic attack at work. Started feeling dizzy and hyperventilating. Tried cooling myself off with some icewater, but after an hour of my heart racing and feeling like I was going to vomit, I had to duck out early. The minute I got home I fell into bed and passed out for a good 3 hours. This is why I feel like slapping people when they tell me my anxiety disorder doesn't hinder my work.
Anxiety sucks. I'm sorry that was a thing that you had to deal with today. Good luck.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #84055 on: November 05, 2014, 12:00:31 am »

I assume the ninja party no showed for their 62 consecutive election

Just as they planned
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84056 on: November 05, 2014, 08:23:15 am »

I have work again tomorrow. It kinda makes me sad that I'm so stressed about it. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84057 on: November 05, 2014, 08:27:39 am »

Tried the anti-depressant again. Not tripping out nearly as much, but I slept like shit. Don't think I got anywhere past "dozing" levels of sleep. Also had acid indigestion all night.

Also also it's raining outside and I have to walk in it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84058 on: November 05, 2014, 11:57:12 am »

Sore throat, taking a strepsil to help.

WHY does it have to taste of aniseed? It's supposed to be fucking strawberry you bastards!
Because aniseed is often used as a herbal remedy for soar throat?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84059 on: November 05, 2014, 01:07:36 pm »

Leaving work early to go get some medical help.

So cold...
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5602 5603 [5604] 5605 5606 ... 8167