Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5597 5598 [5599] 5600 5601 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451152 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83970 on: November 03, 2014, 06:48:41 pm »

Feeling really bitter and resentful all day, like every thought I have has a mean or spiteful twist to it. I can't seem to snap out of it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83971 on: November 03, 2014, 08:08:33 pm »

The immunity of bacteria to antibiotics is why I don't like hospitals

Though I love the idea of bacteriophage therapy
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83972 on: November 03, 2014, 08:31:10 pm »

Feeling really bitter and resentful all day, like every thought I have has a mean or spiteful twist to it. I can't seem to snap out of it.

You can use this power to write a cruelly scathing review of something. Might cheer you up.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83973 on: November 03, 2014, 08:38:50 pm »

You can use this power to write a cruelly scathing review of something. Might cheer you up.
Dear Uwe Boll...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83974 on: November 03, 2014, 08:45:42 pm »

Dear Uwe Boll...
I swear to you, I would challenge Uwe Boll to a cage fight. If I lose, I have to buy all of his movies ever, and all future ones. If he loses, he is never allowed near the film industry, film tools, film, cameras, etc, ever again.

I would train so fucking hard for that fight.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #83975 on: November 03, 2014, 08:46:35 pm »

Has Uwe Boll done ANYTHING of note recently?

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #83976 on: November 03, 2014, 08:47:31 pm »

Who the heck is Uwe Boll?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #83977 on: November 03, 2014, 08:48:10 pm »

I thought about writing a scathing letter-to-the-editor complaining about the various types of incompetence that are going on at my university. Nothing that can't be lived through, but I've had conversations over the past week like the following gems:

Quote from: A conversation about my roommate infringing on my sleep schedule
Me: Don't I have a right to sleep outlined in the student handbook? Aren't you bound to guarantee that?

Resident Director: Yes, but because we don't actually live with you, we can't enforce anything.

(Said resident director clearly does not know how rights work. Also, she's the RD of an 800-student complex, but she's also a full-time grad student who signed up for the job. Also, her office hours are 10 AM-2 PM, Tuesday and Thursday.)

Then, there was:

Quote from: A conversation about the facilities of a Tier I research library
Me: Excuse me, how do I get the copiers to work? (points at printers not twenty feet away that clearly have copy functions)

Library assistant: There's no way to do that. You have to scan what you want to copy, then e-mail it to yourself, and print it out from there.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83978 on: November 03, 2014, 08:52:41 pm »

Movie producer. Everything he's ever made is shit, but he has this thing called Being German which means he can still spend loads of money on making crappy films.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #83979 on: November 03, 2014, 08:54:20 pm »

Movie producer. Everything he's ever made is shit, but he has this thing called Being German which means he can still spend loads of money on making crappy films.

It's more than that: nearly all of his works are horrible derivatives of video game IPs
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83980 on: November 03, 2014, 08:55:01 pm »

Also, he challenges people to boxing matches to prove he's a better director than them. Hence, I would kick his ass.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #83981 on: November 03, 2014, 08:56:41 pm »

* Tawarochir envisions a hypothetical future where MaximumZero punches Uwe Boll into the sun.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #83982 on: November 03, 2014, 09:01:16 pm »

Me: Don't I have a right to sleep outlined in the student handbook? Aren't you bound to guarantee that?

Resident Director: Yes, but because we don't actually live with you, we can't enforce anything.

(Said resident director clearly does not know how rights work. Also, she's the RD of an 800-student complex, but she's also a full-time grad student who signed up for the job. Also, her office hours are 10 AM-2 PM, Tuesday and Thursday.)
That's magnificently stupid of them. Fun fact: While this is almost certainly the administration being lazy and weaseling out of their responsibilities, the law actually permits "You have a right but we can't protect it" situations to arise. Fortunately for you this is presumably contract law, since I imagine they had stuff about their handbook in the terms you signed onto when you contracted into the place, and they should be proper fucked in that regard.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #83983 on: November 03, 2014, 09:04:45 pm »

That's magnificently stupid of them. Fun fact: While this is almost certainly the administration being lazy and weaseling out of their responsibilities, the law actually permits "You have a right but we can't protect it" situations to arise. Fortunately for you this is presumably contract law, since I imagine they had stuff about their handbook in the terms you signed onto when you contracted into the place, and they should be proper fucked in that regard.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's contract law, because the housing contract stipulates that everyone has to uphold their ends of the handbook. We eventually found a compromise that didn't involve me writing to the Housing director and asking some simple questions- I ended up switching rooms with another of our flatmates- but so help me, if this issue flares up again, I will most definitely write the powers that be about it.

The moral of the story, dear children, is that if you are going to write a contract that talks about rights, run it by a real lawyer, not a peanut-brained HR intern.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83984 on: November 03, 2014, 09:05:53 pm »

Splitting headache
My stomach is trying to crawl out my mouth
Feels like I have a 50 water balloons in my stomach
Why did I get seconds of that sushi
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 5597 5598 [5599] 5600 5601 ... 8167