Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5596 5597 [5598] 5599 5600 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452001 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83955 on: November 03, 2014, 11:18:51 am »

For the past couple days, I've thought I might have a cold.

I'm certain now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83956 on: November 03, 2014, 11:26:51 am »

How long have you been taking this medication? Stick with it for at least two weeks. If the side effects persist, go see your doctor, but for the love of all that is holy, don't just stop taking the stuff. It does more damage than just continuing.
I literally took it only once Saturday night and I'm only now feeling not messed up from it. So approximately 36 hours later.

I've read that not taking doses can be problematic because of withdrawal symptoms but I doubt I'm at all at risk of withdrawal or dependency issues because I haven't taken it enough yet. Literally only once.

Maybe if I didn't have college shit to worry about I'd be willing to make myself feel like shit every night by taking it.

Bleh. I'll probably call the doctor who prescribed it to get a second opinion this afternoon. Probably.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83957 on: November 03, 2014, 11:37:07 am »

...How often are you meant to take it?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83958 on: November 03, 2014, 11:49:20 am »

Once a day is the usual regimen.
Spehss _, the first dose usually does strange things - the one medication I took had me grinding my teeth and being all fidgety, while the second one made me sleep all afternoon the next day. The side effects of the first went away quickly enough, but the ones of the second one didn't - and made me almost lose a semester. Point is, you cannot tell from one dose what side effects will remain.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83959 on: November 03, 2014, 11:49:54 am »

How long have you been taking this medication? Stick with it for at least two weeks. If the side effects persist, go see your doctor, but for the love of all that is holy, don't just stop taking the stuff. It does more damage than just continuing.
I literally took it only once Saturday night and I'm only now feeling not messed up from it. So approximately 36 hours later.

I've read that not taking doses can be problematic because of withdrawal symptoms but I doubt I'm at all at risk of withdrawal or dependency issues because I haven't taken it enough yet. Literally only once.

Maybe if I didn't have college shit to worry about I'd be willing to make myself feel like shit every night by taking it.

Bleh. I'll probably call the doctor who prescribed it to get a second opinion this afternoon. Probably.

To give an example, my wife recently started on anti-anxiety medication for her GAD. She was a few hours late just one day after about a week of taking it, and it basically wrote off the rest of her day. The medication can work wonders, but only if you take it. And the first few days can be the roughest. (note that the drug she's taking is both for general anxiety and major depressive disorders, for relevance sake).

Edit: Also, ya, for her first few days she was a bit out of whack, particularly fatigued etc. but she evened out about halfway through the first week

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83960 on: November 03, 2014, 11:53:42 am »

Wugh, I'm feeling particularly angsty today. Considering taking a slightly different route to school again to avoid the bus stop my crush uses because I crossed her on the tiny bridge over some sort of moat today. (it's the shortest route, but not by much)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83961 on: November 03, 2014, 03:32:06 pm »

I avoid meds like the plague. They tend to not work like they should on me.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83962 on: November 03, 2014, 04:35:13 pm »

Sodium ibuprofen dihydrate. The best. <3
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83963 on: November 03, 2014, 04:41:28 pm »

Well had an amazing lunch of raw fish
And it is slowly trying to make it back to sea

(Had sushi for lunch and now I feel ungodly sick)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #83964 on: November 03, 2014, 04:59:46 pm »

Another botched midterm

I want to die
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #83965 on: November 03, 2014, 05:02:52 pm »

I know the feeling... but don't die! Use this feeling to motivate yourself to fix it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #83966 on: November 03, 2014, 05:04:25 pm »

On the topic of meds, my biology teacher also personally believes that meds should be used as a last resort, since even though they're effective they tend to have nasty side effects.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83967 on: November 03, 2014, 05:05:58 pm »

Well it really depends on what you're using them on. Most mental issues are probably better off treated with therapy or somesuch, since the benefits won't stop as easily once you end the treatment.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83968 on: November 03, 2014, 05:11:04 pm »

On the topic of meds, my biology teacher also personally believes that meds should be used as a last resort, since even though they're effective they tend to have nasty side effects.

My biology teacher has a different reason to the same opinion
He says that (ok this is only for antibiotics) the more they are used the more bacteria grow immune to it/ the less effective it becomes
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #83969 on: November 03, 2014, 05:26:29 pm »

My biology teacher has a different reason to the same opinion
He says that (ok this is only for antibiotics) the more they are used the more bacteria grow immune to it/ the less effective it becomes

This is true. It's simple, you're killing off any bacteria which are susceptible to being killed, so the only survivors are the ones resistant to it. And they pass it on, not only to their offspring but also unrelated bacteria who just happen to be nearby.

And furthermore, antibiotics kill BACTERIA. And some people use antibiotic for shit like flu. Caused by VIRUSES. Viruses =/= Bacteria.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 5596 5597 [5598] 5599 5600 ... 8167