Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5585 5586 [5587] 5588 5589 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9457268 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83790 on: October 30, 2014, 05:08:25 pm »

I was playing some Civ V with friends, and that was fine...until we got to the third round. It crashed. We started a new game. Crashed on third round. Aaaand so on. Eventually, I said that I'd back out and let them play on, see if it was an individual that was the problem. So, did that, and apparently must have been me as they managed to play on fine...so no Civ time for me :/
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #83791 on: October 30, 2014, 06:44:37 pm »

Well, I saw a doctor today and was diagnosed with moderate depression, and he suggested I spend more time with friends and exercise more. Okay. That makes sense.

But then my parents ignored the fact that I have depression, and instead told me that it is my fault and are trying to guilt me into exercising more and spending more time with my siblings.

Edit: I also kind of feel bad for spamming the sad thread...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:01:57 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #83792 on: October 30, 2014, 08:49:06 pm »

Well, I saw a doctor today and was diagnosed with moderate depression, and he suggested I spend more time with friends and exercise more. Okay. That makes sense.

But then my parents ignored the fact that I have depression, and instead told me that it is my fault and are trying to guilt me into exercising more and spending more time with my siblings.

Damn, that's harsh. I'll apologize on their behalf:
'Sorry for attempting to guilt trip you into fixing your depression, because that's not how depression works.'

No need to feel sorry for using the thread for it's intended purpose.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #83793 on: October 30, 2014, 09:08:48 pm »

Yhea, I mean, I was brutally disembowelled for not posting any sads here.
Trust the guy who got spread eagled in that it's never wrong to use something for the purpose it was made for.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83794 on: October 30, 2014, 09:13:28 pm »

Have the doctor refer you to a therapist for your depression if you can, and be brutally honest with the therapist. Tell them everything you tell us, and everything you hold back. Try to get him to write a note stating that you're being impacted by your parents' behavior, and they need to knock that shit off.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #83795 on: October 30, 2014, 09:19:43 pm »

Halt that worry--instead of dwelling on the fault, lay it aside and do all that the doctor said. Dwell on the fault when you are capable of it: not now, however. Depression is also, mostly, how you coordinate with your thoughts and conclude based on it.

*also much hugs, and what MZ said. BE BRUTALLY HONEST WITH THOSE PEOPLE.*
And, also, relate what worries you've got--ask questions and such. Help cannot be fully directed unless guided by the one who can see their problems first, and inform those who are capable of aiding.

Try to get him to write a note stating that you're being impacted by your parents' behavior, and they need to knock that shit off.
On this part, ask their (therapist/professional) advice on it, and if possible there is any way you could schedule a meet with you and the party in question (this one being parents).

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #83796 on: October 30, 2014, 09:55:46 pm »

Have the doctor refer you to a therapist for your depression if you can, and be brutally honest with the therapist. Tell them everything you tell us, and everything you hold back. Try to get him to write a note stating that you're being impacted by your parents' behavior, and they need to knock that shit off.
Well, the doctor told me it wasn't severe enough to refer me to a therapist... :(

Edit: and before you tell me to go back, how? My parents think being depressed is because of my "choice" to be an introvert who doesn't like sports.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:18:15 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83797 on: October 30, 2014, 11:26:36 pm »

I'll be frank with you: your parents are morons. It's probably time to get a chair. Prop it under your door knob to prevent it from opening from the outside. Next step: by hook or by crook, get out on your own asap. I get the feeling that a lot of B12ers, you included, would be a lot less depressed if they weren't dealing with egomaniacal idiots running the show.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83798 on: October 30, 2014, 11:29:05 pm »

That might be a bit excessive, but practical action +1.

In other news, it's not even half past five and I've already had half a dozen gangs of small children hammering on the door demanding sweets. I put a sign up telling them to bugger off, but apparently it "blew over in the wind". There is no wind. Halloween is awful.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83799 on: October 30, 2014, 11:30:14 pm »

Well, the doctor told me it wasn't severe enough to refer me to a therapist... :(

Edit: and before you tell me to go back, how? My parents think being depressed is because of my "choice" to be an introvert who doesn't like sports.

See I hear that and I think.

Sorry child, your having the flu is because you choose to use public restrooms when we have a perfectly serviceable one at home, and choose to be around people ever. I don't care that you're literally coughing up pieces of your lung, you have to deal with the consequences of an event that truthfully was out of your control but I'm blaming you because I'm a shitty parent who doesn't understand anything.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83800 on: October 30, 2014, 11:55:14 pm »

Do what I did.

Cut all contact.

You can't stop loving them.

But at some point or another.

You just gotta let go.

Only way to start feeling better.

Really bittersweat.

Bleh. I feel like crying again.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83801 on: October 31, 2014, 12:06:43 am »

In other news, it's not even half past five and I've already had half a dozen gangs of small children hammering on the door demanding sweets. I put a sign up telling them to bugger off, but apparently it "blew over in the wind". There is no wind. Halloween is awful.
Halloween isn't that bad, really. I mean, yes, I usually have to hand out shit to Children, and I don't like children, but it's FUN. It's a day where everyone can dress up, can appreciate many genres of fiction (And some reality!) And go out and get free shit.

I mean, yes, most modern people have fucked it by being stuck-up little shittwizlers. I hated more than a few Trick-Or-Treaters last year, who thought they were better than everyone. Including the people giving them free candy.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #83802 on: October 31, 2014, 12:08:50 am »

Halloween is great fun, even when I've had to clean egg off our house when we ran out of candy one year. I love to put on a really thick costume so people can't see my breathing, pose as a dummy amidst the front yard decorations, then lunge at people and scare the shit out of them. And people love that.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83803 on: October 31, 2014, 01:09:04 am »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:52:52 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83804 on: October 31, 2014, 01:21:50 am »

Eh? Halloween is tomorrow :P
Pages: 1 ... 5585 5586 [5587] 5588 5589 ... 8167