Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5575 5576 [5577] 5578 5579 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9464600 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83640 on: October 27, 2014, 07:42:04 pm »

Extremely minor sad- this headache seems to be a persistent one as it has been with me all day today

Edit: And dried blood covering the inside of my nose tells me that a dry sinus may be culprit of this headache
*Cryxis begins chugging water
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:28:27 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #83641 on: October 27, 2014, 09:43:13 pm »

I do not get my parents. I recently got seriously injured working for them for free on a barn structure/large shed.

For some stupid reason, everybody seems to believe they designed the trusses for the roof. A roof truss is a configuration of wooden boards (usually 2 x 6s or 2 x 8s) held together to form the slope of a roof and the rafters/ceiling. It has what you mathy types would call a rise over run slope where a 6/12 roof goes up 6 inches for every 12 inches across it is. I have the blueprints for them....

I don't know why this was a bone of contention in the first place. They got a building out of it and I worked my butt off for them until I was seriously hurt. Somehow not good enough and mom was complaining that the emergency room billed her separately for the tentinus shot (for the nail that went into my head).

Mom, for some stupid reason, believes she designed the truss because she got a picture of one off the internet. A.) She didn't do crap, the person who posted it to the internet did. That's like saying you drew the mono lisa because you printed out a picture of it from the net. B.) That didn't tell her any of the measurements or angles needed. In her words to me, "You didn't design anything, all you MIGHT have done sweetie (condescending voice) is help your dad out with some of the numbers."

???

The numbers? You mean like, how long the boards have to be, what angles you need to put them together at, how many metal braces you need, and all of the important stuff except a freaking picture? She doesn't even know any of the math required to figure out how to build any of this stuff. It doesn't necessarily have to be advanced trig, but you have to really be exact, because if you're not, then you'll have differences between the trusses and your roof will be all messed up.... That's the most horseshit logic ever:

[Sarcasm]  See that? That's the Mona Lisa. Sure some guy might have figured out some of the numbers about how long the brushstrokes were and how they fit together, but here's a picture. Clearly, I designed the Mona Lisa....  ::) [Sarcasm]

I don't know how in the crap it came up anyhow, but it's another stupid thing supporting her BS idea that I don't do anything or know how to do anything. I didn't ask to be paid ANYTHING for my labor on this thing or for the pain from the injury. My god, could they give me even credit for ANYTHING?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:51:52 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83642 on: October 27, 2014, 10:17:00 pm »

w-wait.

Your mother...

Even though you went to law school and have been practicing law, a difficult thing to do...

Thinks you don't know anything?

wtf.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83643 on: October 27, 2014, 10:46:59 pm »

That moment when you're tired as hell from a hella long day of college and you realize that you have a paper due in soon-to-be 2 days now and you still haven't done anything on it because oh shit so much happened today that it just left your mind.

...aaaaand now I'm more stressed. And even more tired.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #83644 on: October 28, 2014, 03:30:13 am »

That moment when you're tired as hell from a hella long day of college and you realize that you have a paper due in soon-to-be 2 days now and you still haven't done anything on it because oh shit so much happened today that it just left your mind.

I had that yesterday. After almost five hours straight at Biochem lab, I realized I didn't have my lab report for today done.

Then I discovered I lost the page with the sketches of the bacteria for the report.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #83645 on: October 28, 2014, 04:12:25 am »

That sucks. :c
The workload in college is unreal, from what I've heard.

w-wait.

Your mother...

Even though you went to law school and have been practicing law, a difficult thing to do...

Thinks you don't know anything?

wtf.
There's scarily little appreciation for the educated.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83646 on: October 28, 2014, 04:16:55 am »

People are stupid. True facts. Can't argue with them.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #83647 on: October 28, 2014, 04:18:58 am »

Actually, can. :P
That 'stupid' seems reasonable on their side, in many cases. :-\
People are reasonable beings. The question lies in how that reasoning is applied...
* Tiruin dispenses much hugs to Truean et al.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #83648 on: October 28, 2014, 05:08:28 am »

It's not just that people are stupid. It's that people are stupid. The only thing that separate the intelligent from the ignorant is that the former knows they're stupid while the latter don't.

I could also quote that thing about full cups, but I'm too lazy to.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83649 on: October 28, 2014, 05:11:22 am »

People are reasonable beings. The question lies in how that reasoning is applied...
And here you see an idealist in its natural habitat, refuting cynist statements because they're unable to handle the truth.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #83650 on: October 28, 2014, 05:14:02 am »

It's not just that people are stupid. It's that people are stupid. The only thing that separate the intelligent from the ignorant is that the former knows they're stupid while the latter don't.

I could also quote that thing about full cups, but I'm too lazy to.
I remember one Terry Pratchet quote, wherein (I feel like such a douch using that quote) he talks about some people never getting any cup at all, some get a full cup from the start, and a few ask for a refill.
Also:
Tiriun, you kind bastard.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #83651 on: October 28, 2014, 05:51:29 am »

Five interview in, didn't have the job   >:( :-\
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83652 on: October 28, 2014, 05:52:32 am »

And here you see an idealist in its natural habitat, refuting cynist statements because they're unable to handle the truth.
You silly. :P
Sometimes people are 'stupid' due to their reasoning and how they handle their behavior.
Sometimes people are "stupid" because the observer cannot fully comprehend the acts of the person (though this is a very specific idea made general).

And sometimes, people are stupid due to lack of cognitive appraisal.

I've seen serious stupid. That reminds me of many various politicians here. :-\ Those that think for their country comprise the few.
The sad thing is how others react to the stupid...letting it change their viewpoints.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:56:17 am by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83653 on: October 28, 2014, 06:04:09 am »

My viewpoint changed from "everyone is smarter than me" to "everyone is stupider than me" to "everyone is stupid and terrible".

I have no idea if that's sad or not.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83654 on: October 28, 2014, 06:06:25 am »

My viewpoint changed from "everyone is smarter than me" to "everyone is stupider than me" to "everyone is stupid and terrible".

I have no idea if that's sad or not.
It is. :-\
Generalizing without understanding is a sad thing.
Pages: 1 ... 5575 5576 [5577] 5578 5579 ... 8167