Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5548 5549 [5550] 5551 5552 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9468214 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83235 on: October 17, 2014, 09:23:21 pm »

As long as the Mountain is a volcanic plug called Slemish, I'm up for it!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83236 on: October 17, 2014, 09:33:35 pm »

I can't afford a mountain.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83237 on: October 17, 2014, 10:07:04 pm »

Me and zanzetkuken could probably make it if it ever happened
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #83238 on: October 17, 2014, 10:11:01 pm »

Hey, the Bay12 mountain adventure meetup is still a thing we're planning, right?
Wait, this is a thing? Because if it is, I want to know more!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83239 on: October 17, 2014, 10:58:05 pm »

I've never been to a mountain in summer.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #83240 on: October 17, 2014, 11:02:05 pm »

I'm thinking of mortality.

Also thinking of how I'm using my time here.

I've determined to stop trying to breeze by. I don't want to breeze: I want to experience.
This could be the start of a good thing!

I've been wondering recently whether I should write a will, just to be prepared for all eventualities. But I'm also wondering if doing that would make people unduly concerned.

Disclaimer, please let me reiterate that I AM NOT GIVING ANY ADVICE LEGALLY.

You can often find a lawyer in most US areas (and I would imagine many foreign ones) who are more than qualified to write wills and will at a fairly affordable price depending upon what you what/need. They would probably not tell anyone unless you expressly told them to, or at least I wouldn't.

Aside from the obvious, you may wish to consider nonfatal considerations such as child custody in the event of your death, powers of attorney for medical, who would pay your bills if you were incapacitated etc.

The laws of your local and state and national area may vary and I recommend contacting your local bar association for a recommendation on a lawyer who can do estate planning and/or a will. They'd be much more able to help you. If done well, this can make other people more at ease rather than less.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #83241 on: October 17, 2014, 11:39:13 pm »

Sorry for double post but it appears my asshole parents told the roofer who shot me in the head that it wasn't his fault..... Aside from them spending more time tending to his feelings rather than mine, this might fuck up any possible claim I might have against his insurance...... ::) It's nice to know that they're more concerned with their bass ackwards conservative view that only bad people sue and that they should look awesome in the community by just "forgiving." Somehow I bet if it was their head, things would be different.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83242 on: October 18, 2014, 12:05:30 am »

Bought a couple of pre-owned PS3 games for cheap the other day.
One is Bladestorm (which, for all its silliness is pretty dang fun), the other is a confusing blurred mess called Two Worlds 2.

Now I'd read a few reviews of the game and wasn't expecting anything overly amazing, just some sort of average fantasy romp with a cool character creation tool. Started playing and it exceeded my expectations- in a bad way. The camera spins around at the smallest touch with no option to turn off its excessive motion blur, half the screen is obscured by a tacky-looking hud, the game clips and judders even (well, especially) during its cutscenes, the combat system is dreadful and the dialogue is unsurprisingly bad.

But I persevered, and eventually went to try out the multiplayer modes.
Now, here's the actual sad part- the multiplayer modes actually seem really cool. You and up to seven other players can work together to do some unrelated, multi-part quests, which from what I played (on my own) seems like it would be great fun with more people. The sad thing is, there's no-one else playing it. :(
Maybe it's more popular on PC (I think the fact it was ported to PS3 might explain some of the game's shoddiness), I dunno.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83243 on: October 18, 2014, 12:09:21 am »

Duuuuude. Two Worlds one was actually kinda fun. THEN AGAIN, that may be the nostalgia of me and my brother fucking around with it whence I was tiny and young.

Aah, memories.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83244 on: October 18, 2014, 02:21:45 am »

Two Worlds Two exists solely to have an annoying name. That's it. That's all that it achieves. Nothing else.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83245 on: October 18, 2014, 02:38:49 am »

It's not how you say it. It's managing to stop.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83246 on: October 18, 2014, 04:32:20 am »

I've never been to a mountain in summer.
Do eet. Mountain hiking is awesome.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #83247 on: October 18, 2014, 06:01:35 am »

My sad is that there isn't a Skulduggery pleasant Movie.
Seriously, that stuff is liquid gold, just waiting to be unearthed.
Maybe having a fully fledged CGI Skeleton as a main protagonist would be a bit of a budget drain but whatevs.
Edit: Actually, real sad now, I was just reminded of my two previous dead pets from the cute thread.
Goddammit.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 06:03:41 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83248 on: October 18, 2014, 07:35:00 am »

My condolences, greatorder.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #83249 on: October 18, 2014, 07:48:18 am »

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 5548 5549 [5550] 5551 5552 ... 8167