Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5542 5543 [5544] 5545 5546 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466117 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83145 on: October 15, 2014, 12:21:07 pm »

which university do i mail to get neonazis

is it like mormons when i say yes hello i'd like a neonazi and the university sends you a box with a neonazi in it within 5-7 business days or do they expect compensation

I'd say they're more than happy to offload their neonazi stock for free. Just gotta pay the shipping fees I guess.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83146 on: October 15, 2014, 01:25:58 pm »

was writing game rules and such on a new topic post i was trying to make
had typed around 1000~1500 words
one of my friends thought it would be funny to turn my chrome book off
turned it back on and the restore old tabs thing didnt pop up
over 2 hours of typing and thinking lost
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83147 on: October 15, 2014, 01:50:47 pm »

Not exactly sad I guess but this is still the most apropriate emotion thread.

Bluh, puberty is confusing. Apparently some girls will talk to me out of their own accord and my mind automatically interprets this as things it shouldn't interpret it as. In addition to that my best friend seems to think that I could get a girlfriend if I tried, which also confuses me. I don't have anybody to discuss this with but I'm so confused :(

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mustard Elemental

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83148 on: October 15, 2014, 01:53:56 pm »

Virtue's Last Reward, Luna End.
The feels.
The military is all gathered in one huge mass on top of the ramp to the mountaintop, where the entrance is. Apparently they spend their time taking potshots at owls, pushing babies off the ledge, and giggling.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #83149 on: October 15, 2014, 02:00:15 pm »

Bay12 is filled with too many people with shitty parents.

Max, Kaiju, and anybody else, we need to bring balance by being awesome parents.

We can do this.

We have the dadology.
Does LordSlowPoke help with their Dad-aism?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #83150 on: October 15, 2014, 02:29:31 pm »

was writing game rules and such on a new topic post i was trying to make
had typed around 1000~1500 words
one of my friends thought it would be funny to turn my chrome book off
turned it back on and the restore old tabs thing didnt pop up
over 2 hours of typing and thinking lost

This is why I put my forum game stuff in Google Docs. It autosaves constantly. Just don't type anything you don't want Google to see.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #83151 on: October 15, 2014, 02:37:47 pm »

Not exactly sad I guess but this is still the most apropriate emotion thread.

Bluh, puberty is confusing. Apparently some girls will talk to me out of their own accord and my mind automatically interprets this as things it shouldn't interpret it as. In addition to that my best friend seems to think that I could get a girlfriend if I tried, which also confuses me. I don't have anybody to discuss this with but I'm so confused :(

You can discuss it here! There are at least six people capable of offering good advice on this topic. Unfortunately, I can only offer as help that it does, at least it did for me, get better. I managed to go from 'how do I talk to girl' to having actual female friends.

I may have an unfair advantage in having a near-null desire for a romantic relationship at the moment.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #83152 on: October 15, 2014, 02:43:09 pm »

Well got a new battery for my car. Now I'll have to start driving again. :c
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83153 on: October 15, 2014, 05:46:35 pm »

I'm going to go for 44 credit points this semester. Also I'm holding a tutorial.

Goodbye, spare time. It was nice while it lasted.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #83154 on: October 15, 2014, 06:39:15 pm »

I'm going to go for 44 credit points this semester.
What the fuck. Do you... do you not operate at a place that uses the  usual 1 credit = 1 hour of coursework per week (unless it's a lab, in which case it's 1 credit no matter how much time is scheduled for it)? Or did you somehow manage to talk the administration into letting this happen - because if I'm interpreting it correctly it's more than double the maximum that a lot of schools allow without special permission.

In any case, good luck. May your brain swell with wisdom, and not so much with sleep-deprivation-induced madness.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83155 on: October 15, 2014, 06:58:16 pm »

I thought Magma was a teacher. :v

"Holding a tutorial" after all.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83156 on: October 15, 2014, 07:00:48 pm »

I'm going to go for 44 credit points this semester. Also I'm holding a tutorial.
Godspeed, man. I'm going for 39 credits, but my tutorial accounts for six of 'em, I believe.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #83157 on: October 15, 2014, 07:16:01 pm »

I thought Magma was a teacher. :v

"Holding a tutorial" after all.
Ah, I assumed teaching assistant - it didn't occur to me that professors also would measure the courses they teach in credits. That's equally ludicrous, if not moreso, though. Preparing lessons is no easy task, nor is grading.

Seriously though, either these numbers mean different things than I'm used to or I, and everyone I know in meatspace, am slacking right the hell off.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83158 on: October 15, 2014, 07:30:32 pm »

IIRC magma is German, so I guess he's in the same system as me - a tutorial is where the exercises are reviewed, and the tutor has the job of correcting and grading the assignments turned in as well as answering questions. It's usually done by students - a friend of mine's only been here for a year but nevertheless now has a job as a tutor.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83159 on: October 15, 2014, 07:31:45 pm »

I'm doing 2.75 credits as a student this semester! :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 5542 5543 [5544] 5545 5546 ... 8167