Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5538 5539 [5540] 5541 5542 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466867 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83085 on: October 13, 2014, 10:09:29 pm »

Schizophrenia?

Mental disorder?

Rash?

What the balls are they smoking?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83086 on: October 13, 2014, 11:08:51 pm »

Agreed. Most mental disorders don't come with rashes, if they come with any external symptoms at all.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #83087 on: October 13, 2014, 11:46:50 pm »

-snip-

Anything in particular happen recently? Have you been doing a lot of work/been under a lot of pressure? Or has a general malaise and apathy just descended (as it tends to from time to time)?

No. Wouldn't surprise me if I have chronic depression or something. I'm stressing a bit over the question of what the hell I'm going to do with my life, what I'm going to major in, what job I'm going to get, etc. And I don't enjoy any of my hobbies outside of just playing games anymore. Considering how much emphasis I put on actually doing creative productive shit and accomplishing things, that in itself is depressing. Being depressed does not help the whole issue with not enjoying hobbies, obviously, so that's a cycle right there. And I still have no real friends, not that I've really made any effort. Still feels bad when hardly anyone talks to you or cares. There's various other vague aspects but I'm having a hard time coherently listing it all.

I'm just fed up with my continued existence. It's dissatisfying. I literally have no hope for my future except that eventually I'll die. I have no idea what I'll do with my life, I have no friends or any contacts or any plans for after college or any plans for college and I don't even know what I'm doing in college at this point. Dropping out is failure, but continuing seems just as hopeless and leading to failure. My life just seems bound for failure. I don't want to bother continuing when it all seems pointless.

ugh. I don't know what the problem is. The problem is lots of things. And I don't see any way out of the problem.

God I hate getting on here and talking about it. But I already brought this up, gg me.
Yo, Space Cat.
Since you're in college--there's a guidance counselor there. Talk to em about that. Most problems people face now in that context belie their experiences in their past and how they handled it. Currently, you're in a spiral of bad logic wherein you're oriented for some reason towards the negative. Talk to one of your counselors (or ask one of your head teachers in a corresponding subject on who they could recommend you to] so you could get advice tangible for you to believe in.

After recovering from a cold, which wasn't that bad, my mystery illness decides to intervene to kick my ass. Facial rash is all reddish purple, my hands and feet are swollen, overall ache, and some dry heaving/nausea because why not. My parents still think it's some kind of mental disorder. (Schizophrenia, what a laugh.)
Check it up with someone who could properly diagnose it instead of guessing based on...erm.
How was it concluded that its a mental disorder? It would be good to talk about that with the people involved (and then getting diagnosed. If you're going a mental therapist to get that checked up--they will inadvertently redirect you to someone who could accurately describe what's happening to you (and satisfy the curiosity that rashes =/= mental disorder, if you would ask)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83088 on: October 13, 2014, 11:53:40 pm »

Glad you're still alive and un-braindamaged, Truean :(

The last time I used any sort of pneumatic tool like that was when we were replacing the house's roof, and I always worried about that exact sort of thing happening.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #83089 on: October 13, 2014, 11:54:58 pm »

That sounds like a really nasty allergic reaction to something.

Also holy fuck Truean that is some badass shit right there. Seriously, if someone tries to give you shit over crying about that just tell them that you pulled a fucking nail out of your head, for extra effect carry the nail around to show them. Heck, you could even suggest they try doing the same if they don't think it's that badass.

spehss, here you go: thenicestplaceontheinter.net

Cheer up, life can be shitty at times, heck, it's shitty most of the time and you don't really catch a break for the longest time but I'd say it's worth it. If anything, you owe it to those millions who lived in an even shittier world and time to have you happen in the end, to have atleast a bit of fun while you're here.

As for my sad?

Well, I seem to be catching a cold it seems, most probably from that asshole who coughed on my lunch in the caffeteria. Also my back and neck hurt and I'm not sure if it's from sitting wierdly (like I've been sitting for a long time now) or from the new bed being crappy, all I know is that I have trouble sleeping. Which brings me to my next sad and that is being unable to sleep whenever I need to get up early. Like last night, I went to bed shortly before midnight but I'm fairly certain I didn't fall asleep before 3 or so and even then I kept waking up every hour before finally having to get up at 6.

Bad enough that dorm parties keep me awake on weekends but being unable to sleep at all during workdays is even more shit.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83090 on: October 14, 2014, 12:19:11 am »

Also holy fuck Truean that is some badass shit right there. Seriously, if someone tries to give you shit over crying about that just tell them that you pulled a fucking nail out of your head, for extra effect carry the nail around to show them. Heck, you could even suggest they try doing the same if they don't think it's that badass.
This, definitely this.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83091 on: October 14, 2014, 12:37:54 am »

Did I mention anything about the Truean nail thing? That sucks, Truean. Coulda been worse though.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83092 on: October 14, 2014, 02:45:22 am »

Have been building a large shed for my dad for a couple weeks.

Today I took a nail from an air nailer gun to the fucking top of my head. Thankfully, it "only grazed along my skull." Let me tell you, it hurt like hell going in and it hurt like hell coming out. If nothing else, it did not pierce my skull. Let me show you what I'm talking about:
Jesus.

Are nail guns... allowed to do that? I'd think WARNING: MAY VERY OCCASIONALLY FIRE 3 INCH SPIKE AT RANDOM NEARBY OBJECT AND/OR PERSON would be the kind of thing you'd need to display clearly on the box.

I'm not doing shit on that god damn building anymore.
It's really astounding how easy it is to make genuine physical problems worse just by talking.

No. Wouldn't surprise me if I have chronic depression or something. I'm stressing a bit over the question of what the hell I'm going to do with my life, what I'm going to major in, what job I'm going to get, etc. And I don't enjoy any of my hobbies outside of just playing games anymore. Considering how much emphasis I put on actually doing creative productive shit and accomplishing things, that in itself is depressing. Being depressed does not help the whole issue with not enjoying hobbies, obviously, so that's a cycle right there. And I still have no real friends, not that I've really made any effort. Still feels bad when hardly anyone talks to you or cares. There's various other vague aspects but I'm having a hard time coherently listing it all.

I'm just fed up with my continued existence. It's dissatisfying. I literally have no hope for my future except that eventually I'll die. I have no idea what I'll do with my life, I have no friends or any contacts or any plans for after college or any plans for college and I don't even know what I'm doing in college at this point. Dropping out is failure, but continuing seems just as hopeless and leading to failure. My life just seems bound for failure. I don't want to bother continuing when it all seems pointless.

ugh. I don't know what the problem is. The problem is lots of things. And I don't see any way out of the problem.

God I hate getting on here and talking about it. But I already brought this up, gg me.
Yo, Space Cat.
Since you're in college--there's a guidance counselor there. Talk to em about that. Most problems people face now in that context belie their experiences in their past and how they handled it. Currently, you're in a spiral of bad logic wherein you're oriented for some reason towards the negative. Talk to one of your counselors (or ask one of your head teachers in a corresponding subject on who they could recommend you to] so you could get advice tangible for you to believe in.
You might also check if they have some manner of free/cheap mental health services. Or just paying a normal professional for a diagnosis.

Other than that, just thinking about things over time can help. The more you (productively) think about it, the better a grasp you'll get on it and the better an idea you'll have of how to solve it. Even if that solution is just "Yeah, I should probably see somebody about this."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83093 on: October 14, 2014, 03:06:30 am »

The college does offer free mental health services like group workshops or weekly counseling or whatever. Just requires the person to actually make the effort of starting it.

For the record, I've tried talking with a therapist. Hasn't seemed to help much.

Anyway. I'm doing better. At the moment. Ate pizza at 2 in the morning, chilling with the roommates and playing some new horror game on the Xbone. Pretty chill.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83094 on: October 14, 2014, 03:17:38 am »

today is yet another day when i can't breathe for shit

yet i bet that i'll be fine when i get away from people so i'd feel like a goldfish stuck in a condom even if i did get home early because fucking hell this economy might as well start robbing people

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #83095 on: October 14, 2014, 10:38:06 am »

6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #83096 on: October 14, 2014, 11:29:32 am »

Ugh, head has been pounding with pain for most of the day. A short nap made it go away for about an hour, otherwise it feels like a pressure cooker just waiting to explode.

Also when I blew my nose eariler there was some red in the snot, not sure if that's blood or the tomato soup somehow getting into my nose.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83097 on: October 14, 2014, 11:43:13 am »

Health and Safety Timferius nearly has a heart attack!
Nail gun mishap is super terrible!
At risk of sounding like  jerk, I need to point out that standard first aid practice is to never remove an object that is embedded in you unless absolutely necessary. You want to be with a trained medical professional when that happens to a) do it right and b) be there to help stem potential bleeding. An embedded object can be the only thing holding all of your precious fluids, it could be jammed in an artery or something else vitally gushy.
Also, for everyone, doing random construction around the house may be routine, but I highly recommend investing in proper saftey equipment (goggles, hard hat, good gloves etc.) whenever doing work around the house, especially when using the heavy duty tools (like anything powered by pressurized air). You are all very important people, please keep yourselves safe!

(also a sad on the side, I often write up lengthy replies then delete them feeling my opinion/point/whatever will be disapproved of. I should probably talk to someone about my random anxieties like that, and my weird fear of conflict, but talking to people is scary too. I am forcing myself to post this though, because the more I force myself to do these things the better, right?)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #83098 on: October 14, 2014, 11:47:35 am »

While yawning and reaching behind me, I somehow pulled a muscle from my neck up to my ear. Unbearable agony followed by wondering if I've done unwittingly something terrible to my body, until the pain went away.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83099 on: October 14, 2014, 12:07:13 pm »

Still feel like crud.
Been wearing socks on my hands at night so I don't cut up my face in my sleep.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5538 5539 [5540] 5541 5542 ... 8167