Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5536 5537 [5538] 5539 5540 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466976 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83055 on: October 13, 2014, 04:06:16 pm »

Damn damn damn. Biology coursework overload.

Too much to do.

Eh, supposed to be in tomorrow, but I don't think it's a deadline. Still, I'd rather get it done tonight, so to repeat:

Damn damn damn. Biology coursework overload.

I now have a deep, abiding hatred for yeast and all to do with them. Yes, even you alcohol.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83056 on: October 13, 2014, 04:16:47 pm »

I just realized that when fall ends I won't be able to get all the pumpkin-flavored crap I love. :(
Enjoy it while it lasts.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83057 on: October 13, 2014, 04:44:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #83058 on: October 13, 2014, 04:47:33 pm »

:-\

* Worldmaster27 hugs BlackFlyme

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83059 on: October 13, 2014, 05:09:54 pm »

:-\

* Worldmaster27 hugs BlackFlyme
*Cryxis joins hug
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #83060 on: October 13, 2014, 05:13:07 pm »

Man, that sums me up pretty well. We have a lot in common.

* McDonald hugs BlackFlyme and tries to squeeze all the sads out
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83061 on: October 13, 2014, 05:19:38 pm »

* Strange joins hugfest

Try going out for a walk? You get away from idiots stressfull situation and get some fresh air too, and it's good for you. Who knows, maybe you find something interesting while wandering around...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83062 on: October 13, 2014, 05:26:59 pm »

Not much of anywhere to walk to. I'm sort of in the middle of nowhere next to a really busy road with no sidewalks to use.

Besides, I walk almost every day already. It's about a half-hour of walking before I get anywhere.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83063 on: October 13, 2014, 05:35:47 pm »

I'm impressed that you haven't murdered your family yet. Seriously. That sucks.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #83064 on: October 13, 2014, 05:44:38 pm »

-snip-
I mentioned some of the stuff she said when I was younger, and she said she never said it.
-snip-
BlackFlyme's mom confirmed for Inner Party spy :P

But seriously, maaaaaan that sucks. Best wishes.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83065 on: October 13, 2014, 05:55:42 pm »

But being middle of nowhere makes it easier to hide their corpses...

Not much of anywhere to walk to. I'm sort of in the middle of nowhere next to a really busy road with no sidewalks to use.

Besides, I walk almost every day already. It's about a half-hour of walking before I get anywhere.
Getting somewhere is overrated, sometimes it's nice to just waste time.
Bike + Good music = Good time, every time I've tried it.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83066 on: October 13, 2014, 06:19:11 pm »

The tv is making this horrible scratchy electronic staticy noise and it's giving me a horrible headache
Worst part is my dad can barely hear it
I wish I worked in deafening noise for years, just so I wouldn't be able to hear this
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #83067 on: October 13, 2014, 07:32:39 pm »

*hugs the people here*
*sends PM to BlackFlyme*

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #83068 on: October 13, 2014, 07:33:35 pm »

Have been building a large shed for my dad for a couple weeks.

Today I took a nail from an air nailer gun to the fucking top of my head. Thankfully, it "only grazed along my skull." Let me tell you, it hurt like hell going in and it hurt like hell coming out. If nothing else, it did not pierce my skull. Let me show you what I'm talking about:

That son of a bitch, is an air nailer gun. It was loaded with a 3 1/2 inch framing nail (which thankfully was not barbed). It "double fired." This means that it shot one nail into the wood like it should have and then it shot a second nail straight onto the metal head of the last nail, making it ricochet.  Five things saved me. 1.) The air compressor had not recently activated, meaning the air pressure was not nearly as high as it could have been. 2.) The nail shot was a ricochet, meaning it had a significant amount of force diverted from its velocity (it hit the head of the previous nail, then the metal hurricane brace and wood, and finally went four or so feet down through the air from the peak of the roof to where I was on a ladder). 3.) Evidently my head was at an angle relative to the nail that allowed it to graze (instead of penetrate) off a hard part of bone instead of where two plates would come together (which would be solid but still easier to penetrate). 4.) I didn't panic and I climbed down the 10 ft ladder gritting my teeth and crying after the initial scream. This also kept my blood pressure down and although head wounds bleed like hell, lessened the bleeding to the point where I didn't pass out. 5.) I knew to pull the nail out in exactly the same way it went in, as opposed to ripping more tissue (you'd be surprised how much exit wounds happen in this type of situation when people should just leave it in and not move ANYTHING or only pull it out if you know EXACTLY what you're doing).

Four stitches, an ER visit and pain meds later, I'm doing better than I was. The nail skidded along my skull for under an inch or so under my scalp, but that's far more than you ever want a nail in your scalp. The doctor said I wasn't lucky to have a nail in my scalp but was lucky something that long didn't go through to my brain. Tetanus shot, those self dissolving stitches, and some other stuff later and there you go....

I had dinner with my mom and dad immediately after and my mom actually made fun of me and demanded I stop sighing/making noise.... Keep in mind, this was about 2 hours after the accident where a fucking nail went into my head and got stuck in my scalp. We had just literally gotten back from the pharmacy to pick up my pain meds, which had not really kicked in yet, so things were still hurting. She was bitching at me to quit whining and that I was too old for that and that it was really time to stop.... I don't give a shit how old you are, you get a nail stuck in any part of you like that and it's gonna hurt like hell. I let her have it and blew up on her. No regrets. If you spend time consoling the roofer who accidentally shot me (it wasn't really his fault), then you can show a hint of giving a fuck about your own son, who was busy building a large shed FOR YOU FOR FREE when a nail went into the fucking head.... This is not a negotiation, this is a shut the flying fuck up moment and have some god damn compassion bit of time right there. I've been shot before, and this was about on par with that when you consider the location and the fact that I had to feel the damn nail being pulled out.... (With a bullet, it stays in til they numb and operate).

I'm not doing shit on that god damn building anymore.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #83069 on: October 13, 2014, 07:51:00 pm »

* Tiruin then hugs Truean.
There's no such thing as being 'too old for singing' or that other barriers of age. >.> You can play with your LEGO toys (those blocks which aid creativity?) even at the age of 42 [and create a manifest of the Byzantine Empire while you're at it] and its totally ok. What's not ok is ascribing the unspoken label of 'childish/immature' when it in reality is not.

Try speaking to her (and whoever else would insult you) in a calm, diplomatic way, sans any volatile emotions next time? To address what creates the roughness of communication around you two(?) :O Like, putting emphasis of a person’s thoughts in a manner that is respectful, direct and firm.
Reactivity doesn't help--while its understandable in this situation, there're always better ways to approach it
*still hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 5536 5537 [5538] 5539 5540 ... 8167