Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5510 5511 [5512] 5513 5514 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9468359 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #82665 on: October 06, 2014, 08:18:44 pm »

Really not having a good day. God I'm miserable. Not like anything even happened really, I just suddenly went full bleagh.

No motivation or willpower to do anything. Don't want to do any hobbies, sick and tired of all my stupid hobbies that go nowhere. Don't want to do homework. It's never ending homework. None of this is getting me anywhere. Doubt college will get me anywhere. Don't know what I'm going to do with my life. Don't really "want" to do anything with my life anymore, whatever I do just winds up making me miserable. Of course, doing nothing just isn't an option. Gotta do something, can't be a bum for the rest of my life.

God I don't know what I'm saying. Don't know what the problem is, there's just multiple problems all making me sad. I'm just having a bad day.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #82666 on: October 06, 2014, 08:20:04 pm »

Really not having a good day. God I'm miserable. Not like anything even happened really, I just suddenly went full bleagh.

No motivation or willpower to do anything. Don't want to do any hobbies, sick and tired of all my stupid hobbies that go nowhere. Don't want to do homework. It's never ending homework. None of this is getting me anywhere. Doubt college will get me anywhere. Don't know what I'm going to do with my life. Don't really "want" to do anything with my life anymore, whatever I do just winds up making me miserable. Of course, doing nothing just isn't an option. Gotta do something, can't be a bum for the rest of my life.

God I don't know what I'm saying. Don't know what the problem is, there's just multiple problems all making me sad. I'm just having a bad day.
Do you not consider self-doubt or looking at things with no value to be a problem? Or negative cyclic reasoning like the orange part? :-\

Most of what you [or most people, really] say in a truly depressive or sad mood isn't what is truly realistic...Its purely focused on what's keeping ya down.

Chin up, mate. Analyze yourself and your view of things. They've been pretty down...since a few months ago.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:23:43 pm by Tiruin »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82667 on: October 06, 2014, 08:21:51 pm »

*pats Sphess on the back

College is only a small part of your life, once you're out you can do whatever you want
So don't give up
(Gonna beat a dead horse here)
Keep calm
And
Carry on
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82668 on: October 06, 2014, 08:22:31 pm »

* Kevak gives huggles!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #82669 on: October 06, 2014, 08:31:32 pm »

whatever I do just winds up making me miserable.
Do you not consider self-doubt or looking at things with no value to be a problem? Or negative cyclic reasoning like the orange part?
Que? No comprende amigo.

I know that my incessant perfectionism sucks the fun out of every hobby I ever try and do and so I eventually lose interest and move on to look for something else to give my life meaning. Hence the "everything makes me saaaad waah" wangst. And without any hobbies I enjoy my life basically amounts to "work eat sleep repeat". And that's not even living at that point. And that looks like what my future is amounting to. Not really hopeful about that.

Ugh. Regret saying anything now. Felt like talking venting to someone about it, whatever it is, but at the same time I really don't want to. I don't know.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #82670 on: October 06, 2014, 08:51:43 pm »

Do talk about it to those that can help. Like probably with those friends you made early in your sem! :D

Probably ask advice from those you see who're more experienced than you. It's ok to vent--nothing wrong with it, but if you can do something about it, why not help yourself? :O

Though if it gets quite deep, many of the people present (through PMs) are open to aid you.
All you have to do is ask.[/HogwartsReference]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:55:42 pm by Tiruin »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82671 on: October 06, 2014, 08:54:09 pm »

whatever I do just winds up making me miserable.
Do you not consider self-doubt or looking at things with no value to be a problem? Or negative cyclic reasoning like the orange part?
Que? No comprende amigo.

I know that my incessant perfectionism sucks the fun out of every hobby I ever try and do and so I eventually lose interest and move on to look for something else to give my life meaning. Hence the "everything makes me saaaad waah" wangst. And without any hobbies I enjoy my life basically amounts to "work eat sleep repeat". And that's not even living at that point. And that looks like what my future is amounting to. Not really hopeful about that.

Ugh. Regret saying anything now. Felt like talking venting to someone about it, whatever it is, but at the same time I really don't want to. I don't know.

Yo, my inbox is open and about as confidential it gets. And maybe we can work out a game to play that's quite laid-back and doesn't require total perfection from even the biggest perfectionist?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #82672 on: October 06, 2014, 09:00:01 pm »

* II plays with greatorder.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82673 on: October 06, 2014, 09:12:49 pm »

I guess my parents think I'm some perfect little robot child that can do every little thing they ask it to and not hear anything back

So I was a bit stressed out today and just want to relaxe and do nothing cause just everything has been stressful and all heck lately and my dad gets home from work, tells me to do my homework
I go and do it while he's cooking dinner and my mom is sleeping.

He goes out and feeds the horses and mucks the stalls cause I didn't do that today (though I still fed them when I got home from school. He gets back to the house and tells me how he doesn't understand why I can't just muck every once in a while like he tells me, I tell him sorry and he just continues to tell me to do things. My mom gets up we eat dinner. I'm asked to do the dishes and finish my HW and I said ok, finished my homework while listening to my music through head phones with the music down and texting my girlfriend cause she's in a bad mood today and I'm trying to cheer her up.
My mom tells me to stop texting and finish my homework.
Ok stress is getting pretty bad
Then my mom gets into me about having to many dirty clothes and I should have washed them on the weekend. I have a freaking months worth of under wear alone, probably two months worth of shirts, and a couple weeks worth of shorts. Half of that was in the dirty laundry and when she asked me if I NEEDED laundry done yesterday I said no because I've got a freaking weeks worth of clothes left

I just want to lay here and punch my pillow and cry

I really hate this crap

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #82674 on: October 06, 2014, 09:25:11 pm »

I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew for my classes. Specifically, my video production class. 3-6PM leaves me little time to prepare dinner and do my daily French when I get home. Luckily, I still have time to change classes if I can't get a good rythm going.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #82675 on: October 07, 2014, 03:39:26 am »

A colleague was saying racist things, not just idle jokes either, and I just stood there and said nothing. It's not the first time since I started working there. Partly it's because I don't want to rock the boat where I work, but also because I'm not as confident speaking as I used to be.

This town is the least ethnically diverse place I've ever lived and I encounter more racism than anywhere else. One of the people I work with was mugged and everyone blamed a black guy who lives nearby despite the mugged guy repeatedly pointing out that none of the muggers were black. Then you have the constant indignation expressed against anyone not British, but more often not white, for doing almost anything. The most recent example being footage of an Afghani man hawking (hunting with a bird of prey) which was met with shouts of "disgusting, nobody British would do anything as cruel as that", which is nonsense as there are at least two people who do this in the local area.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82676 on: October 07, 2014, 08:25:47 am »

Just play with me. I'm not perfectionist because perfectionism is boring :P
I've grown into intentionally creating flawed designs in games just for the fun of it.
Perfection sucks.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #82677 on: October 07, 2014, 09:26:03 am »

You guys do know perfectionism != OCD right?

Like, I just have unrealistically impossibly high expectations of myself. All the time.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82678 on: October 07, 2014, 09:38:42 am »

I guess my parents think I'm some perfect little robot child that can do every little thing they ask it to and not hear anything back

*snip*

I can't help but notice that you didn't seem to explain your thoughts to your parents and instead just said "ok", but I might have just misread your post and you might have your reasons.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82679 on: October 07, 2014, 09:57:39 am »

*snip*

I can't help but notice that you didn't seem to explain your thoughts to your parents and instead just said "ok", but I might have just misread your post and you might have your reasons.

ya no, i just say ok. Not like saying anything will help.
Pages: 1 ... 5510 5511 [5512] 5513 5514 ... 8167