Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5455 5456 [5457] 5458 5459 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9408722 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81840 on: September 22, 2014, 06:04:36 am »

-snip-
One person, in such a way as you described, is not the voice that equals your condemnation there :S
Meaning: Assumptions/passive poking or insinuations, GD//B12 is quite a friendly place, just the people in specifics who are differently unique. By that, I in no way mean any wrong ascribed or meant towards either party.

Just saying that maybe you're being a bit silly on the last sentence :P You've got an opinion--say it, and given the respective way you're giving it, it's a nice opinion. :)

Sad: Aunt in critical/serious condition.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81841 on: September 22, 2014, 07:04:17 am »

I never found driving to be such a big deal. Then again, I'm in France now and the roads in my city are a mess – I'm not thrilled at the idea of driving on them.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #81842 on: September 22, 2014, 07:30:47 am »

Tried sleeping pills yesterday... Add them to the pile of drugs I'm immune to.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #81843 on: September 22, 2014, 07:37:35 am »

Immune to?
I'm calling you Nega-Pill from now on.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81844 on: September 22, 2014, 07:42:39 am »

What kind? Because there's tons of different sedatives - you're not going to be immune to all of them.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #81845 on: September 22, 2014, 07:47:33 am »

What kind? Because there's tons of different sedatives - you're not going to be immune to all of them.
Melatonin? But I am also immune to all painkillers I've tried, cough medicine, and basically everything else I've tried...

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #81846 on: September 22, 2014, 07:47:53 am »

Wait, the penguin greatorder is the polar bear greatorder? I thought you were two separate people... Sorry!
*slaps Kaladin with a flipper/paw*
I'm sorry! I won't mess it up from now on.

So, a few days ago I removed 50% of my Facebook friends to see how many actually care, and none of them did. Looks like I only have 1413 left...
Who needs them anyways, right? Right?
I got back down to 102 from 130. >_>
My standard one is all old school mates I don't talk to anymore, and my furry one consists of about 4 people I know and several hundred who just add every friend of a friend they can find.

On topic, just had my schedule switched around, which puts me in college for 3 more hours on a tuesday, which screws up several other plans I had. Gorramit.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81847 on: September 22, 2014, 07:57:24 am »

Melatonin? But I am also immune to all painkillers I've tried, cough medicine, and basically everything else I've tried...
Melatonin's weaksauce, and - once again - it depends on the type of painkiller, the dosage, and maybe even the type of pain. With cough syrup, it depends on the type even more: Either you get an opiate-like effect (codeine-based cough syrup, quite rare), or a dissociative effect (DXM-based cough syrup, quite common), or few/none at all (other antitussives, homeopathic 'medicine').

In any case, an outright immunity is practically impossible, since that would mean that your fundamental biological processes differ vastly from those of the rest of us. It might be that your enzymes responsible for getting rid of such substances have higher activity, or that your guts absorb these medicines at a lower rate.
To get a definite result, you'd have to experiment with known dosages of known substances and different routes of administration, like subcutaneous, intramuscular or intravenous injection, sublingual administration, rectal administration, smoking the stuff... Most of these bypass the liver to some degree, giving some indication of where the substances are held up.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81848 on: September 22, 2014, 08:00:49 am »

Err, wait...immune? That's...a strange conclusion.
These are taken in their prescribed doses, right?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #81849 on: September 22, 2014, 08:11:40 am »

My grandfather couldn't remember me. It might be partly because he hasn't seen me in a while and I now have a beard of sorts. Still, I think he knew me just fine two weeks ago, atleast he didn't ask who I was.

The dude is pushing 90+ tho so it's somewhat understandable.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #81850 on: September 22, 2014, 08:30:38 am »

My grandfather couldn't remember me. It might be partly because he hasn't seen me in a while and I now have a beard of sorts. Still, I think he knew me just fine two weeks ago, atleast he didn't ask who I was.

The dude is pushing 90+ tho so it's somewhat understandable.
At that age... yeah. Memory tends to start falling apart. Generally due to, onset of things like Alzheimer's, if not further development.

My granddad's memory is rather abysmal, which is actually kind of good, because whilst he can remember more long-term things, such as his relatives, he's not able to remember he has cancer particularly well, so he's not really all that worried about it.

my grandpa forgot that I graduated from high school, so he never called or visited, so that was fun.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81851 on: September 22, 2014, 09:09:16 am »

My grandmother fell quickly, from perfect memory to jumping around time/forgetting faces etc. within a years time. It was really sad, you'd see her pretend to know you when you explained who you were even though you knew she still had no clue. My social anxiety made it impossible for me to bring myself to visit her in her last months, it's something I can now not do anything about and it makes me sad. It was about a year ago now.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #81852 on: September 22, 2014, 09:14:49 am »

My grandmother is finally forgetting to be a psychotic alcoholic who throws hot coffee on other nursing home residents (she's in her...seventh nursing home now?) It's probably a good thing for all parties.

Keep in mind, when my parents were dating back in 1990-91, my father didn't introduce my mother to my grandmother because he was afraid it would blow up in his face. His fears were proven right when she got drunk at the wedding rehearsal dinner and caused some sort of a scene. Since then (despite my father's reassurances that she was not long for this world at the time of their wedding), she's survived being found in her upside-down car on the side of the interstate, being in her car while it was dragged by an eighteen-wheeler for a few miles, getting drunk on Christmas Eve when I was five and cracking her head on the sidewalk, and doing this on a diet of two packs of cigarettes and a gallon of wine a day.

Between my grandmother living a quarter-century beyond her reasonably allotted span, my grandfather being alive and kicking as ever at the age of 78 despite having been a gay man in the late 80s and early 90s, and my other grandfather still driving across the country in his RV in his 70s, I'm pretty optimistic about my lifespan.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:20:05 am by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #81853 on: September 22, 2014, 09:26:45 am »

Err, wait...immune? That's...a strange conclusion.
These are taken in their prescribed doses, right?
Yeah, usually.

The Melatonin actually has made me super emotionless and uncaring, so not immune to it I guess... Just giving me the wrong effect. Is that normal?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #81854 on: September 22, 2014, 09:32:15 am »

Well, I dont thinl theyd prescribe it if the intended effect happened less than the side effects, but you could read the paper that comes with medicines and see if its listed as a side effect.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 5455 5456 [5457] 5458 5459 ... 8166