Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5454 5455 [5456] 5457 5458 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9410183 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81825 on: September 21, 2014, 08:25:39 pm »

Sads: my complete inability to do anything right, and the fact that all of my friends seem to view me as a second-class friend: they only talk to me if there are no other available friends to speak with.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81826 on: September 21, 2014, 08:35:13 pm »

Wait, the penguin greatorder is the polar bear greatorder? I thought you were two separate people... Sorry!
*slaps Kaladin with a flipper/paw*
Flippaw
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81827 on: September 21, 2014, 09:06:05 pm »

Unfriending people on facebook is kind of a weird thing in terms of social context. People could take it any which way, depending on how much weight they put on facebook, if you know them in person, how often you talk to them, etc.

Some people could take it as "Eh, who cares?"

And to others, it's the deepest insult possible.

And those of us with anxiety issues freak out, considering all of them until we break down wondering what we did wrong (if anything).
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #81828 on: September 21, 2014, 09:46:09 pm »

The IRS wants to talk to me more about stupid former tax dodging client. At least I'm covered and they aren't the least bit interested in me, but still.

My mom is being a bitch about basically insisting I do favors for her stupid friends and their kids. She refuses to acknowledge that it would be a favor, and insists that it is to my benefit. Nopes.... Fuck it. Trying to guilt trip me ... as if I don't help people, and am too stupid to take the work.... Wow.... No. She's dead serious too.

I just don't need anymore god damn guilt trips. Fuck it. I have helped a TON of people and they usually have a way of screwing me over for my trouble. As if it's somehow my fucking fault they got into some trouble. That's like bitching at the plumber cause your pipes are clogged. The plumber didn't clog it so don't bitch.

I'm sad and depressed and can't bring myself to do much of anything. I'm trying to get off soda and booze, and this isn't making that easier. God damn it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:49:01 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81829 on: September 21, 2014, 09:51:36 pm »

Remember the good you've done--whatever attitude responded is an attitude that person held onto at that time :<
I'm trying to get off soda and booze, and this isn't making that easier. God damn it.
It...pretty much won't (though may inhibit physical emotion), given that the experiences are in thought.
Don't let those guilt trips attack you Truean. Find a good foothold and stick to it--you, by far, have done muchly good in all experience...though seriously, the problems are also existent in others :S

Mmph, my words are messy and my mind is jumbled on what to say here...So I'll send it by PM.
*hugs to you all*

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81830 on: September 21, 2014, 09:53:31 pm »

My mom is being a bitch about basically insisting I do favors for her stupid friends and their kids. She refuses to acknowledge that it would be a favor, and insists that it is to my benefit. Nopes.... Fuck it. Trying to guilt trip me ... as if I don't help people, and am too stupid to take the work.... Wow.... No. She's dead serious too.

I just don't need anymore god damn guilt trips. Fuck it. I have helped a TON of people and they usually have a way of screwing me over for my trouble. As if it's somehow my fucking fault they got into some trouble. That's like bitching at the plumber cause your pipes are clogged. The plumber didn't clog it so don't bitch.

If your mom can't even acknowledge when you're helping her out then she needs a triple-scoop helping of "Fuck Off." I hate that kind of combination egotistic-manipulative behavior, especially if the person is doing it on purpose because they know it works and only push harder if they were able to get away with it in the past.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81831 on: September 21, 2014, 10:02:34 pm »

Let's lower the level of judgement here ._.
Or the level of response to said judgement...
There are times in a person's life where they turn to some attitude which very much sleight their perception of others...
...Unless this is a long and continued attitude, that is...Then she should be informed regarding it and how its affecting others. :S

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81832 on: September 21, 2014, 10:06:34 pm »

I am a fan of informing by action.
Which is to say, don't do the thing and tell her expressly that it's because of attitude. Make sure the explanation does really get across though, start the conversation with it and give a reminder at the end too.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #81833 on: September 21, 2014, 11:26:31 pm »

I drove for the first time yesterday. Worst feeling in my life.
Don't worry; that gut-clenching apprehensive feeling of "any second now I'm going to crash and destroy everything! AAH!" will begin to go away as you practice more and as your confidence in what you've learned increases. ;D
It never. EVER. goes away.
I will be a bus/carpool commuter for life.
I will order my groceries by internet, and get them shipped to my door.
Buy all my games through download from now on (which WiiU and 3DS can do), get my consoles and collectable NFC gaming figures through the same channels as my groceries.
And call a plumber or electrician or mechanic to fix something instead of insisting on doing it myself.
WALK if I want fast food.
I will never have to drive myself anywhere.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #81834 on: September 21, 2014, 11:55:19 pm »

Hooray for bicycles!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81835 on: September 22, 2014, 12:48:59 am »

Paranoid flabort is paranoid.

Don't pay attention to any of those driving-related deaths. Statistically, it's not likely to be you!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81836 on: September 22, 2014, 12:52:46 am »

Don't worry; that gut-clenching apprehensive feeling of "any second now I'm going to crash and destroy everything! AAH!" will begin to go away as you practice more and as your confidence in what you've learned increases. ;D
Then it will happen when you least expect it.

#carsareevil
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #81837 on: September 22, 2014, 12:55:30 am »

My older brother has become sucked into the tumblr hivemind, and my younger brother has gone by degrees from redditor to avid 4channer. I'm also sad about moving out at the end of the week, but I won't miss the suddenly frequent, nasty fights.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81838 on: September 22, 2014, 12:57:22 am »

Just wait until the first time you have to drive on slushy roads, assuming you live in an area that gets an appreciable winter season.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #81839 on: September 22, 2014, 04:28:48 am »

Paranoid flabort is paranoid.

Don't pay attention to any of those driving-related deaths. Statistically, it's not likely to be you!

Ehem. Hypervigilant. If anything.

* scrdest goosesteps away.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 5454 5455 [5456] 5457 5458 ... 8166