Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5448 5449 [5450] 5451 5452 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9411317 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81735 on: September 19, 2014, 11:38:57 am »

Hello Typhoon Mario. Hello flooding :'(

you should call a plumber to check out your storm dra-

well shit

take care ladm8

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #81736 on: September 19, 2014, 12:21:32 pm »

Hello Typhoon Mario. Hello flooding :'(

you should call a plumber
Maybe call an Italian plumber and his brother.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #81737 on: September 19, 2014, 12:23:19 pm »

Earthquake LUIGI will always be king of second bananas
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81738 on: September 19, 2014, 12:38:34 pm »

I'm too upset to even think right now.

From now on, every time someone screws up, I won't say anything.
If people want everything to go to fucking rot, so be it.
I'm not helping people in real life anymore.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #81739 on: September 19, 2014, 12:44:07 pm »

Was informed by my best friend that my crush that is now on another school has a bf.

I don't want to care about this but I do. :c
I had this recently as well, although we are in the same school and were in different schools before.
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #81740 on: September 19, 2014, 12:59:14 pm »

What happened?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81741 on: September 19, 2014, 01:00:14 pm »

*Imitates Tiruin by hugging Mastahcheese

What happened?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81742 on: September 19, 2014, 02:33:52 pm »

*Sigh*

So I'm working on making burgers, and another person is (when I tell them what I need) running the raw meat through the charbroiler to cook it so it can be served.
I tell them to run something through, and they don't respond.
After a while, I'm not sure if they did or not, so I ask them if they ran it through.
They respond with "Oh, you need that ran through?" and start putting it on the charbroiler.
I say no, that's not what I said, and I check the machine, and it is, in fact, already running.
So I tell them to stop, and they don't, and they run extra food that we don't need, and their excuse is "well I didn't hear you."
So I said "If you're not sure what I need, then why are you running things without knowing what you're doing?" and explained that management is constantly getting upset when we have to waste food for exactly this reason.
Rather than giving a shit, they start yelling about how I'm yelling at them, and then the managers come over.
They, rather than listening to damn thing for even a single second, assume I'm the bad guy and yell at me.
I tell them exactly what happened, and that no, I'm not mad, I just want people to listen to me, and they blame me saying that I don't talk loud enough.
I say that the reason I don't talk loud is because EVERY SINGLE TIME people complain that I sound angry, so I don't.
They even acknoledge this, instead, they ignore what I just said, and said "Well they don't deserve to be yelled at." right after I said that it's not what happened.

That's basically the gist of it.
The Derail Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #81743 on: September 19, 2014, 02:51:46 pm »

Not being listened to is never fun. How tense is the situation usually? Can you let things cool down for a while or is there persistent strain?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81744 on: September 19, 2014, 02:56:23 pm »

*Sigh*

So I'm working on making burgers, and another person is (when I tell them what I need) running the raw meat through the charbroiler to cook it so it can be served.
I tell them to run something through, and they don't respond.
After a while, I'm not sure if they did or not, so I ask them if they ran it through.
They respond with "Oh, you need that ran through?" and start putting it on the charbroiler.
I say no, that's not what I said, and I check the machine, and it is, in fact, already running.
So I tell them to stop, and they don't, and they run extra food that we don't need, and their excuse is "well I didn't hear you."
So I said "If you're not sure what I need, then why are you running things without knowing what you're doing?" and explained that management is constantly getting upset when we have to waste food for exactly this reason.
Rather than giving a shit, they start yelling about how I'm yelling at them, and then the managers come over.
They, rather than listening to damn thing for even a single second, assume I'm the bad guy and yell at me.
I tell them exactly what happened, and that no, I'm not mad, I just want people to listen to me, and they blame me saying that I don't talk loud enough.
I say that the reason I don't talk loud is because EVERY SINGLE TIME people complain that I sound angry, so I don't.
They even acknoledge this, instead, they ignore what I just said, and said "Well they don't deserve to be yelled at." right after I said that it's not what happened.

That's basically the gist of it.
I know this sounds like blaming you for the problem, but try working on an assertive, louder speaking voice. Having worked in a large professional-style kitchen a few times, I can tell you that that is an essential skill to have. It was especially hard for me, seeing as how I'm usually a very quiet person, and it's why I try not to be the one running things in those situations.
Think of, like, someone in a play, who has to speak up so the whole auditorium can hear them, because they aren't exactly walking around with a microphone. They need to be able to sound louder without sounding like they're yelling. This is essentially the same concept.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81745 on: September 19, 2014, 04:41:42 pm »

I wish managers being contradictory wasn't so common.
But how would they then keep their jobs?

I know this sounds like blaming you for the problem, but try working on an assertive, louder speaking voice. Having worked in a large professional-style kitchen a few times, I can tell you that that is an essential skill to have. It was especially hard for me, seeing as how I'm usually a very quiet person, and it's why I try not to be the one running things in those situations.
Think of, like, someone in a play, who has to speak up so the whole auditorium can hear them, because they aren't exactly walking around with a microphone. They need to be able to sound louder without sounding like they're yelling. This is essentially the same concept.
This, and try to keep conversation with others going, so they are listening to you and eachother (joking helps, you should hear some of the things we say!) all the time. And don't be afraid to ask for confirmation, ever. It solves more trouble than it causes.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81746 on: September 19, 2014, 04:56:02 pm »

Back when I worked in kitchens, I had to work hard to change my voice. I was a quiet-voiced, meek mumbler. Still am, really. That said, when I need someone to hear me, I use my "bullhorn" voice, which is just my telephone voice (what you hear in the vocaroo thread, I slow down my speaking and try my damndest to be clear,) but turned up to 11. Mind you, you have to speak clearly and enunciate, or it just sounds like you're yelling. Enunciation is the key.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81747 on: September 19, 2014, 05:12:10 pm »

Well the problem I seem to have as far as voice goes is that whenever I'm talking with someone I'm not comfortable with (80% of my coworkers) I tend to either talk like "S-Sorry, coworker-San" or "MAIM KILL BURN" with great difficulty with anything inbetween.
And whenever I use the former, they say they can't hear me, and when I use the latter, I sound angry.

And the problem isn't with me failling to ask for confirmation, because I do that all the time, it's other people assuming that they heard me when they didn't, and not asking for confirmation.

I'll work on the enunciation, though.
The Derail Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81748 on: September 19, 2014, 05:22:31 pm »

Frankly if you yell MAIM KILL BURN at them I can understand why they would think you're angry.

AT ANY RATE, I have been sad lately. I really need a job, I need money, however my mother has neglected to get my birth certificate, which she said she would do tomorrow about a month ago. This combined with loneliness is making me really sad. Also I'm sleeping like 14 hours a day as a side effect.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #81749 on: September 19, 2014, 05:34:17 pm »

Choked on an overdone burger in my mom's kitchen, literally. I could not breathe.

I ran over to the sink and focused on dislodging the food from my throat so I could breathe again. Impolite demands from mom to know what I'm doing etc.

I can barely croak out anything, and she's pissed cause I'm not talking to her. I explain that I'm choking. It takes me a few minutes to be able to breathe again normally and she starts her shit about my "attitude."

Unbelievable.

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 5448 5449 [5450] 5451 5452 ... 8166