Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5447 5448 [5449] 5450 5451 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9411292 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81720 on: September 18, 2014, 08:00:38 pm »

What? I don't see aaaaaaannnnnny thing wrong there! Hehe, he, heeeeeeeeeeee.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81721 on: September 18, 2014, 08:19:09 pm »

Still sick.

Vomit Count: 2!
Level of Pissitude: MAXIMUM
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81722 on: September 18, 2014, 09:39:45 pm »

My internet has gotten too slow to feasibly do anything on. I think Comcast may have lowered our bandwidth limit or something. Problem is, I can't do anything about it because I'm not the one who pays for it.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81723 on: September 18, 2014, 09:43:10 pm »

To any that my beliefs and opinions may have offended and been used into my I extend my deepest apology
I truely am sorry for that
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #81724 on: September 18, 2014, 09:47:21 pm »

I'm feeling miserable. The maths are too hard; they aren't even actual math but a bunch of puzzles that use math rules. I like learning new, powerful concepts (vectors are awesome in that aspect), not rehash old basic concepts from last year that revived and are constructed into even more frustrating problems. I don't feel motivated, even though my college applications probably depend in part on the grades from the upcoming midterms that have these math zombies shambling around. What does motivate me are only tangentially connected to the test, such as exciting applications of vectors to do 3D raytracing for rendering, and even as I find myself attracted to those real problems, I feel guilty for not doing what I should be doing. Add to that the fact that pretty much everyone else is studying their behinds off because the big Korean college test, and that my grades are relative... i'll probably be even more sad once my class rank is out.

So miserable. I wish i could do what I want to do and still notget horrid grades,  but that doesn't happen in this abomination of an education system. Polar opposite of the US one, which has an upwards grade inflation.

My near future looks dire. Perhaps all the (US) colleges I apply to will deny me.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81725 on: September 18, 2014, 09:56:15 pm »

We shouldn't. Honestly, since you're looking into a software-type degree (I'm guessing, a lot of your works here seem to inspire that), you have a good portfolio to show them that will likely get you into the better colleges here. Heck, your portfolio would land you some jobs if it weren't for the whole degree thing anyway.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81726 on: September 18, 2014, 10:02:23 pm »

The only reason I'm giving two shits about maths this year is because I'm in engineering, so :v

thatstillfeelsweirdtosay
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81727 on: September 18, 2014, 10:02:49 pm »

I'm feeling miserable. The maths are too hard; they aren't even actual math but a bunch of puzzles that use math rules. I like learning new, powerful concepts (vectors are awesome in that aspect), not rehash old basic concepts from last year that revived and are constructed into even more frustrating problems. I don't feel motivated, even though my college applications probably depend in part on the grades from the upcoming midterms that have these math zombies shambling around. What does motivate me are only tangentially connected to the test, such as exciting applications of vectors to do 3D raytracing for rendering, and even as I find myself attracted to those real problems, I feel guilty for not doing what I should be doing. Add to that the fact that pretty much everyone else is studying their behinds off because the big Korean college test, and that my grades are relative... i'll probably be even more sad once my class rank is out.

So miserable. I wish i could do what I want to do and still notget horrid grades,  but that doesn't happen in this abomination of an education system. Polar opposite of the US one, which has an upwards grade inflation.

My near future looks dire. Perhaps all the (US) colleges I apply to will deny me.
Err, as being one who reviewed a tiny portion of your applications, its pretty much well done.
That, and I suggest you to not worry on that matter. If it'll be denied, it'll be denied. You are aware that it is a possibility--do not latch onto it as worry oft does that it affects your personality, mood and other aspects.
Focus on that which currently plagues you. :S
*also hugs*
That, and I'm pretty sure they'll acknowledge the system on HOW you were graded in their review instead of WHAT your grades are, as the primary detail (given that system in Korea...).

Don't let that passion die. I'd suggest slogging through that murk that you see yourself in--it'll only be with you for such one time, and to develop your determination skills through it. It's...a significant event in life :s (regardless of the flawed system...), and it'd do you good if you develop through it :D

And...that motivation is only a factor, not the exact cause on why things are done. C'mon Skyru! Go go!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #81728 on: September 18, 2014, 10:53:22 pm »

Tiruin; blubx2

We shouldn't. Honestly, since you're looking into a software-type degree (I'm guessing, a lot of your works here seem to inspire that), you have a good portfolio to show them that will likely get you into the better colleges here. Heck, your portfolio would land you some jobs if it weren't for the whole degree thing anyway.

Colleges don't see my portfolio though. There's no space for it on my application :/

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81729 on: September 18, 2014, 11:01:05 pm »

democracy has failed succeeded in Scotland, and it sucks. 200k lead for no, only 9 councils left.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81730 on: September 18, 2014, 11:14:17 pm »

4maskwolf is sad because 4maskwolf is not allowed to verbally berate himself per an agreement. Which means that 4maskwolf just keeps all of his anger at himself bottled up inside.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #81731 on: September 18, 2014, 11:37:31 pm »

democracy has failed succeeded in Scotland, and it sucks. 200k lead for no, only 9 councils left.

+1

and +n, n=the number of people who voted yes.

Indeed, one of my friends who was involved in the Yes campaign deleted her Facebook account within about an hour of the vote swinging toward the No side.

It has been a pretty shitty evening.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #81732 on: September 19, 2014, 02:41:48 am »

I think you're overestimating how selective US schools are.

Its a range, there are some really challenging ones flooded with applicants on one end and some that take almost everyone on the other end.  Apply to your dream school and your safety school and a range in between, and it'll be fine.  As long as you can pay (or take out a loan) its pretty hard not to get into a college here.  Also frankly I think you're a lot smarter than the average high school grad.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81733 on: September 19, 2014, 02:43:31 am »

Also frankly I think you're a lot smarter than the average high school grad.
This is an understatement. :P

Edit: Mmph, just got worse and worse these days :S
Hello Typhoon Mario. Hello flooding :'(
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:43:56 am by Tiruin »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #81734 on: September 19, 2014, 11:33:59 am »

Was informed by my best friend that my crush that is now on another school has a bf.

I don't want to care about this but I do. :c

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 5447 5448 [5449] 5450 5451 ... 8166