Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5444 5445 [5446] 5447 5448 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9412677 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81675 on: September 18, 2014, 01:17:08 pm »

Nickelback made another song.

It's like hearing the screed of a 13-year-old armchair anarchist put to the tune of... Nickelback. Need I say more?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #81676 on: September 18, 2014, 01:19:20 pm »

It's like hearing the screed of a 13-year-old armchair anarchist put to the tune of... Nickelback. Need I say more?
That cliched punk title...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81677 on: September 18, 2014, 01:23:16 pm »

That cliched punk title...
"Edge of a Revolution" sounds like "I'm on the verge of taking a stand" from In the Loop.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81678 on: September 18, 2014, 01:23:55 pm »

Hmm, feeling masochistic today, let's pop this on...

For about 2 seconds I thought they might be changing their sound.... but no, it's his face voice facinvoicing a lot, and a guitar and drum line out of a beginners book.
Hahaha "what do we want, we want change" Then change your songs! Seriously, gah.
Ok, can't finish it now, geez, seriously, it's been what, 5 years? and they still sound exactly the same.

It's like they really really wanted to make a punk song or something, but they just can't do it. They can't change their sound even a little. Bleh, stagnant music makes me sad.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81679 on: September 18, 2014, 01:27:25 pm »

The worst thing about it is that it's obviously not coming from their hearts, because I remember Nickelback being conservative leaning. So unless the songwriter had a serious change of heart, something's amiss and it smells like money.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81680 on: September 18, 2014, 01:33:19 pm »

If it weren't for the fact that "Something's amiss and it smells like money" is such a long name, it'd be an awesome band/album name.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #81681 on: September 18, 2014, 01:34:56 pm »

Meh, the conservatives in this country are the ones murmuring the most about revolution. Maybe this'll become a new Tea Party anthem. Nickelback and the Tea Party deserve each other.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81682 on: September 18, 2014, 01:36:41 pm »

If it weren't for the fact that "Something's amiss and it smells like money" is such a long name, it'd be an awesome band/album name.
It sounds like a Frank Zappa lyric, actually.

Meh, the conservatives in this country are the ones murmuring the most about revolution. Maybe this'll become a new Tea Party anthem. Nickelback and the Tea Party deserve each other.
Then using the Guy Fawkes mask is an insult. It's one of the images in the stupid montage in the video. I do agree that the Tea Party and Nickelback go together like excrement and piss: they make a horrible and infectious mess.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #81683 on: September 18, 2014, 01:52:25 pm »

Eh, why would your school allow people to put posters on school propriety without permission in the first place?
Are you guys seriously gonna assume they didn't get permission simply because I didn't say they did? -_-

They GOT PERMISSION, because it was something one of our groups decided they'd do. Then some of the other teachers decided to be dicks and take it away from them.

Seriously, guys.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #81684 on: September 18, 2014, 02:03:09 pm »

It sounds like a Frank Zappa lyric, actually.

Then using the Guy Fawkes mask is an insult. It's one of the images in the stupid montage in the video. I do agree that the Tea Party and Nickelback go together like excrement and piss: they make a horrible and infectious mess.
They also had the Occupy movement, Soviet troops marching in formation, Arab spring protests....I don't think they were really doing any research in making the video. Just "hey stick a bunch of protest and 1984-type shit up there".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #81685 on: September 18, 2014, 02:48:06 pm »

Oh, even if I did like Nickelback (confession - I USED TO. Admittably, when I was, like, ten, but I'm still atoning for that transgression against good taste) I would be absolutely sick of that song, because one of the two radios that aren't pop crap, and which I was listening to lately since finding my childhood best friend is one of the hosts, absolutely beat it into the ground.

The fact that Nickelback is trying to be edgy and capitalize on slightly old news only makes it more hilarious.

But seriously, they are, from the ground up, more engineered and market-researched than some consumer products. It's hardly surprising.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81686 on: September 18, 2014, 03:00:05 pm »

Eh, why would your school allow people to put posters on school propriety without permission in the first place?
Are you guys seriously gonna assume they didn't get permission simply because I didn't say they did? -_-
That is actually a pretty reasonable thing to assume, given that the posters were taken down.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81687 on: September 18, 2014, 03:05:44 pm »

Yet another relationship ended because the distance just didn't work...
Going to go cry myself to sleep now...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #81688 on: September 18, 2014, 03:13:54 pm »

They GOT PERMISSION, because it was something one of our groups decided they'd do. Then some of the other teachers decided to be dicks and take it away from them.
Phobia of sexual orientations not theirs hiding behind the façade of monitoring offensive language?
That's also not what I meant, but I'm not continuing this conversation.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #81689 on: September 18, 2014, 03:17:34 pm »

I know what you meant.
Pages: 1 ... 5444 5445 [5446] 5447 5448 ... 8166