Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5439 5440 [5441] 5442 5443 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9416351 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81600 on: September 17, 2014, 11:25:40 pm »

Yeah, and Objective's friends, other relatives, and sexual partners can also suck it up and deal. I expect someone to tell me that they're sterile if we're talking about making babies, and I would like to hear everything my partner's willing to tell me in interest of emotional intimacy, but I'm not going to see it as some big betrayal if I sleep with someone and I find out later that they're transgender. Don't assume that the whole world's super-interested in your nads, folks. Some of us really don't give a shit! There's lots of us out there, no matter what people try to tell ya.
I respect your opinion

I agree with Spehss
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81601 on: September 17, 2014, 11:27:25 pm »

I'll just butt in with my opinion that getting a change in order to be more attractive to guys is probably gonna hold you back, Objective. Unless you want to attract straight guys rather than gay/bi. But even then, guys may not find a transgendered sex-changed girl to be attractive if only because of the squick factor that "gurl used to have dick yo". Gay guys wouldn't be interested because you'd be a lady. If any were openminded enough to be attracted to you regardless of gender*, then they'd technically be bi, and bi probably wouldn't care which gender* you are.

So, getting a change would probably cut you off from getting strictly gay guys, strictly straight guys may find the change to be a huge turn off, and the only option left would be bi's who would've been ok with either gender*. In reality people and sexuality and shit is way more fluid but...as far as labeling things for the sake of getting the point across, if someone interested in you is so fluid that they don't care whether you're male or female, then they're technically at least slightly bi.

*I realize I'm using gender in place of sex, which isn't technically the same thing, but you guys know what I mean.
I'm an androgyne, actually. I dislike masculine aesthetics on me, but I'd still keep my dong. I'm not planning to attract guys. My main goal is to be pretty.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81602 on: September 17, 2014, 11:28:06 pm »

I respect everyone's opinions, even though they are all wrong.

The real answer is that Objective should become a potato, thus solving all of his problems at once.

(p.s. I'm just kidding with all of this, except respecting everyone's opinions.  That I respect everyone's opinions is true).

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81603 on: September 17, 2014, 11:29:18 pm »

If he becomes a potato, I'm making him into fries and putting him into a poutine.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #81604 on: September 17, 2014, 11:30:03 pm »

Oh, if you just want to be pretty then go ahead.
Become the prettiest potato!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81605 on: September 17, 2014, 11:30:36 pm »

@Objective-I actualy see nothing wrong with that, go ahead and do whateves you want to make yourself look like you want

Just don't die in plastic surgery like Joan Rivers (god I hope I spelt that right)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #81606 on: September 17, 2014, 11:31:56 pm »

I'm an androgyne, actually. I dislike masculine aesthetics on me, but I'd still keep my dong. I'm not planning to attract guys. My main goal is to be pretty.
...so, what, you can't just go with something simpler like plastic surgery or something? [/totally_not_a_serious_suggestion]

Ninja-senpais pls.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81607 on: September 17, 2014, 11:32:41 pm »

(god I hope I spelt that right)
You're wheat is all right, but your rice decided to go to the left.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81608 on: September 17, 2014, 11:34:29 pm »

WAT!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81609 on: September 17, 2014, 11:35:48 pm »

Once again inserting my opinion, take it or leave it to be picked up and recycled

If someone gets a sex change then any sexual partner that they have without telling them that they got a sex change, they would be lying to. Imagine if you will a man walks into [insert favorite social local in which you physically see a person] and sees a cute girl and he decides to ask her out, she feels the same and they go on a date. They get into an intimate relationship and want to get married, the girl tells the guy that she had a sex change and she was born a man.

I don't know about you but if I was that guy I would feel lied to and cheated
So in my opinion it doesn't just affect the person that gets the change but it also affects anyone they are intimate with

I must reiterate as not to sound like a jerk
To each his own
My opinion is no better than yours

That's more a reflection on the person who gets the sex change, though, rather than on the concept of a sex change itself. If a post-op transgendered person doesn't tell their significant other about the fact that they weren't always a guy/gal, they're dishonest. That's it. Not all people who get sex changes are dishonest, nor are they transformed into dishonest people. Besides, wouldn't you feel a bit weird about telling someone something like that, especially if it affected the chances that you'd get to know someone better? You couldn't exactly fault someone for lying about that (initially, at least).

Sorry to seem vaguely confrontational, especially after your friend passed away.
*Ahem*
Sorry, it's just a subject I have a lot of familiarity with, and if I don't get it off my chest it'll just fester and come up at some inopportune time.
Anyway, the gist of it is: Does it really matter to you that this person was, at one point in their life, perceived by the general population to be male? Does it really matter that this person, at one point in their life, had a penis? Does it really matter that much to you now that none of that applies anymore, and that you like the person for who they are now, and what they look like now? If so, why?
In fact, this is a real question I'm going to pose right now to anyone who feels this way. Why does it matter that someone that you like and find attractive was not assigned at birth the gender they identify as? If it's because it feels dishonest, why does it seem dishonest? Because it's no more dishonest than not telling someone that on their 7th birthday they had to try at least five times to blow out the candles and even then there was just this one last one that wouldn't go out. It's something that happened in the past, and honestly, has no bearing on the current situation besides the fact that their vagina is different. (And, news flash: everyone's vagina is different.)
As to why someone would feel hesitant to disclose that information? Well there are a ton of reasons, but chiefly among them are usually that people tend to become violent and angry when faced with this information, and the person disclosing it tends to get hurt. A trans person is more likely to get murdered over the sheer fact that they are trans in the US than any other cause of death, save for suicide. I don't know if you realize just how reviled trans people are in the US and even most of the world. In some countries, it's actually the law to execute someone for being trans.

In summary, it's really hard being a trans person, and none of us choose it. Some of us aren't really proud of it, and I think it's best to respect that, and not make a huge deal out of it if you like the person how they are now. Trust me, if they managed to keep it from you that long, chances are it won't come up again for a very long while.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #81610 on: September 17, 2014, 11:36:36 pm »

How many times has a slight misunderstanding of someone's wording caused a massive derail again?
There was one not too long ago on the 'things that made you terrified thread', wasn't there?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81611 on: September 17, 2014, 11:37:23 pm »

WAT!
Look up the other definition of the word spelt.  I was making a joke.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81612 on: September 17, 2014, 11:47:22 pm »

Yes it does matter to me if god put that person on this earth as male
My religion has a thing against homosexuality and if I were to find out a person I was getting intimate with was at once male I would break it off immediately not to say I wouldn't try to be friends with that person
I have nothing against homosexuals and have several homosexual and bisexual friends and acquaintances, I just don't want to be considered one myself
Yes if I date someone who was born male and sex changed to be female I would still be dating a guy because it matters not what man did to your body to get it to where it is now, but instead it matters as to what you were when god put you on this earth

That's my opinion
And everyone is freely entitled to one

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81613 on: September 17, 2014, 11:48:21 pm »

WAT!

I get the joke now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81614 on: September 17, 2014, 11:49:33 pm »

Yes it does matter to me if god put that person on this earth as male
My religion has a thing against homosexuality and if I were to find out a person I was getting intimate with was at once male I would break it off immediately not to say I wouldn't try to be friends with that person
I have nothing against homosexuals and have several homosexual and bisexual friends and acquaintances, I just don't want to be considered one myself
Yes if I date someone who was born male and sex changed to be female I would still be dating a guy because it matters not what man did to your body to get it to where it is now, but instead it matters as to what you were when god put you on this earth

That's my opinion
And everyone is freely entitled to one
Hooray a religious person who doesn't go out of their way to force their beliefs on other :D

No, but seriously, I respect you for both having a set of values you believe in and not trying to force your values on others.

WAT!

I get the joke now
Took you long enough :P
Pages: 1 ... 5439 5440 [5441] 5442 5443 ... 8167