Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5430 5431 [5432] 5433 5434 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9416522 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81465 on: September 16, 2014, 06:00:23 am »

Oh, so they exist?
Some kind of cat haters? I assume dog haters exist pretty readily as well but I wouldn't know because I live in a relatively low population area of Australia.
I mean, Jesus, I already have a hard time with knowing about people slaughtering chickens and breeding them for a life of living hell (ignoring all the other animals) but this?
Well that's another thing to put in the pile.

Dog haters exist too. One of my friends has a dog, and one time as I was visiting him and walked the dog, he told me sometimes people living in the flats nearby would leave poisoned dog and cat food. It was this odd kind of ingroup/outgroup war.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81466 on: September 16, 2014, 08:59:34 am »

Cracked's latest article and its comment section.

Why do I torture myself.

:c

I'll just go back to doing normal things that don't involve reading depressing things. Like brownies. :3

(if any discussion starts, I did nothing.)

EDIT: I don't hate the topic, I just find what emanates off of it... Sad. I don't wish to start things due to this topic causing many a locked thread :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:03:07 am by Iceblaster »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #81467 on: September 16, 2014, 09:05:38 am »

Things it is: cold, raining

Things I don't have: any warm, long sleeved clothing, umbrella, words, a fuck

Thing I possibly now have: illness, again
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81468 on: September 16, 2014, 09:12:19 am »

Saw my ex on the street while driving through town, came back home and cried. I thought time was supposed to make this better, not worse. FFS, twice as much time has passed since she left me than the relationship lasted.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #81469 on: September 16, 2014, 09:43:04 am »

"I've been to the library about two or three times since starting college"- my "The knowledge of STEM majors will save the world and make us all perfectly moral atheists" ex-roommate. (He's a sophomore.)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #81470 on: September 16, 2014, 09:58:18 am »

My parents are no longer speaking to each other despite being in the same house. If they do get a divorce, I am very sure that my life is going to get very fucked very quickly. This doesn't leading up to one of those no-fault divorces, I doubt my parents are going to want to speak to each other if it happens. I really hope they get therapy to sort this out, but my mother has become so paranoid of my father being able to manipulate the therapist into thinking he's the one in the right I wonder if therapy would even help.

Basically every member of my family has admitted that the situation is at crisis point. Everyone's putting on a brave face. I really don't want my parents to split up. It's selfish, but things would just get worse for everyone involved.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81471 on: September 16, 2014, 10:34:36 am »

My parents are no longer speaking to each other despite being in the same house. If they do get a divorce, I am very sure that my life is going to get very fucked very quickly. This doesn't leading up to one of those no-fault divorces, I doubt my parents are going to want to speak to each other if it happens. I really hope they get therapy to sort this out, but my mother has become so paranoid of my father being able to manipulate the therapist into thinking he's the one in the right I wonder if therapy would even help.

Basically every member of my family has admitted that the situation is at crisis point. Everyone's putting on a brave face. I really don't want my parents to split up. It's selfish, but things would just get worse for everyone involved.

chill, you'll be fine

pick the side with the more disposable income, spend as much as you need in there and bail

your family life is, and will be, dysfunctional as all fuck, but at least you get the not so made of shit end of the feces stick

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #81472 on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:08 am »

Don't forget you'll get twice as many presents :D

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81473 on: September 16, 2014, 10:43:17 am »

Ugh, I feel for you. My parents split when i was around 13, and it wasn't incredibly fun. That being said, the atmosphere at home was so much better once they finally did, that kind of tension grinds down at everyone around. If it works there like it does here, once you're 16 you have the right to choose  where to go. Best of luck, whatever happens. You seem to know this, but just remember it's not you. Also remember that when someone is this stressed/upset, they may say things they don't mean. It doesn't make it right, but it's a factor if it comes to forgiveness. It sounds like you have close family for support at least. If you can, avoid taking sides, and don't let anyone try to sway you one way or the other. They're both your parents, and no matter how messed it gets, that will always be the case. I had a hard time forgiving my dad, 'cause he lost his job and ran out of country for a few years, leaving my mom, who stayed at home, to find a shitty job while working through school and raising 3 kids with no support, financially or otherwise, from him. But I got there. I may still be a tad bitter.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #81474 on: September 16, 2014, 10:58:42 am »

Ugh, I feel for you. My parents split when i was around 13, and it wasn't incredibly fun. That being said, the atmosphere at home was so much better once they finally did, that kind of tension grinds down at everyone around. If it works there like it does here, once you're 16 you have the right to choose  where to go. Best of luck, whatever happens. You seem to know this, but just remember it's not you. Also remember that when someone is this stressed/upset, they may say things they don't mean. It doesn't make it right, but it's a factor if it comes to forgiveness. It sounds like you have close family for support at least. If you can, avoid taking sides, and don't let anyone try to sway you one way or the other. They're both your parents, and no matter how messed it gets, that will always be the case. I had a hard time forgiving my dad, 'cause he lost his job and ran out of country for a few years, leaving my mom, who stayed at home, to find a shitty job while working through school and raising 3 kids with no support, financially or otherwise, from him. But I got there. I may still be a tad bitter.

Same here. Earlier though, at like 9 or so, so I didn't get much of the shrapnel myself back then, and it was for the better.

I can understand both of my parents' reasons, too. My mum can be a... difficult person to be around sometimes, and when she is, she's toxic to everyone around, and my dad did fuck up as far as I could tell from what I've observed and inferred.

But in the end, it was better for both and for me.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81475 on: September 16, 2014, 11:04:25 am »

My parents split when I was something like 3, and there was no drama and I'm not particularly bothered about it.
I guess the lesson to be learned here is that trying to ignore a problem causes significantly greater fuckups later.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #81476 on: September 16, 2014, 02:38:18 pm »

I've been low for weeks now. More time than I'm used to feeling this way. Constantly feel stressed. The main difference this time is I've spoke about it with family. Not sure if that has made me feel worse.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81477 on: September 16, 2014, 02:52:53 pm »

Just found out my car is totaled.

Flash flood. No big deal, I thought. I mopped out some of the water then submitted a claim. Guy appraised it several days later, telling me that modern cars can have electronics anywhere, up to and including ABS and air bag control systems. In my state, a modern car is considered totaled if water gets into the passenger compartment.

I'm moving in a week. I'm interviewing for a new job. My wife's car is sketchy but not totaled. Now I get to decide to potentially make her car worse or drive my own unsafe vehicle. I'm also >1 year into a 3-year lease. Maybe insurance will just pay it off for me (with a corresponding jump in my premium).

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #81478 on: September 16, 2014, 02:58:54 pm »

Ouch. Good luck, Mephisto - I hope whatever's best happens, whether that's the insurance paying it all or the car driving safely.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #81479 on: September 16, 2014, 03:06:35 pm »

Folks
Thanks guys. My parents both have their own problems and I hope they can sort it out. Thanks for your support.
Pages: 1 ... 5430 5431 [5432] 5433 5434 ... 8167