Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5427 5428 [5429] 5430 5431 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9415833 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81420 on: September 15, 2014, 11:07:21 am »

I guess I'm just at the stage where I can't visit the Happy thread anymore. It makes me depressed just reading it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81421 on: September 15, 2014, 11:09:02 am »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:01:23 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81422 on: September 15, 2014, 12:22:25 pm »

I'm sure we'd just become some sort of welfare-race, allowed a few planets for cultural reasons.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #81423 on: September 15, 2014, 12:28:10 pm »

I'm sure we'd just become some sort of welfare-race, allowed a few planets for cultural reasons.
I'm imagining a robotic version of David Attenbrough landing on one of these planets to make a documentary about humans.

'And here, you see the human in its natural habitat. Humanity is one of the few species that adapts the environment to suit its own needs. As many people know, they are the ancestors of our kind, but they lack the intelligence needed to become like us...'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_0xaOQWg6I
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #81424 on: September 15, 2014, 12:34:53 pm »

I'm imagining a robotic version of David Attenbrough landing on one of these planets to make a documentary about humans.

'And here, you see the human in its natural habitat. Humanity is one of the few species that adapts the environment to suit its own needs. As many people know, they are the ancestors of our kind, but they lack the intelligence needed to become like us...'

"Ah yes, and here you can see a male human attempting to garner the affections of a female human in order to mate and procreate. The male is making numerous signals, swaggering walking, loud calls and whistles, and offers of the fermented honey which the male had procured earlier from pack mates.

The female is having none of it, however; she makes a gesture with a finger, insulting the male, before turning and leaving. The male, with his confidence stricken, turns to the consumption of the fermented honey to ease his sorrows. It seems the male won't be getting any tonight."
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81425 on: September 15, 2014, 01:11:19 pm »

> Make life goal and pursue it with all your heart? :O
Something you're passionate about and were passionate about since a long, long time ago?

Well, Tiruin, sometimes trauma makes it so that you don't care about anything.
Sometimes...This isn't all the time. Though it pretty much is jarring when those times come :S
They aren't permanent though.
*cheers Vector and shoves hugs her way (as well as everyone else in need of em)!*
I'd really love to talk about it but PMs...but you may be busy and I don't want to intrude ._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81426 on: September 15, 2014, 01:31:57 pm »

That sounds like a pretty good setting for a book, as a kind of inversion of typical sci-fi stuff. The majority of the rest of intelligent life in the galaxy is indeed having fun without us, but we know perfectly well. They just don't want humans to play with their space toys because inevitably they'd just fuck everything and ruin it for everyone.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #81427 on: September 15, 2014, 08:11:34 pm »

I guess I'm just at the stage where I can't visit the Happy thread anymore. It makes me depressed just reading it.

So don't read it.  Just post in it.  Any happiness throughout your day, no matter how small.  Don't read anyone else's posts in the thread, so that you're not comparing your posts to other's.  Try this as a personal exercise.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81428 on: September 15, 2014, 08:13:11 pm »

My best friend has found a boyfriend and this has lead her to talking to me, like, not at all, recently.
Which sucks, because that was pretty much the only thing I had to look forward too during the evenings.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81429 on: September 15, 2014, 08:14:06 pm »

So don't read it.  Just post in it.  Any happiness throughout your day, no matter how small.  Don't read anyone else's posts in the thread, so that you're not comparing your posts to other's.  Try this as a personal exercise.
Rather...try not to see those things as comparisons to you in any way.

Comparison only brought the mightiest man to tears, and the wisest man to understand how futile total comparison brings.

My best friend has found a boyfriend and this has lead her to talking to me, like, not at all, recently.
Which sucks, because that was pretty much the only thing I had to look forward too during the evenings.
So how goes talking to her?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81430 on: September 15, 2014, 08:26:11 pm »

I know the feeling, it sucks
I try not to do that to my friends but it has happend to me and it suuuuuuuuuuucksssss
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #81431 on: September 15, 2014, 08:33:03 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-man-walks-traffic-sets-himself-fire-police-000136599.html

Walks in front of truck, gets hit, goes back to car, gets gas, swallows gas, douses self in gas, lights himself on fire.... Survives. All while his three kids watch....

:(
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81432 on: September 15, 2014, 08:34:34 pm »

.-.
I don't know how to react to that
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #81433 on: September 15, 2014, 08:36:00 pm »

I think we need to stick Tiruin in a crate and send her to JoshuaFH for happiness.

I WAS going to say 'ship Tiruin to Joshua', then I remembered what shipping is in internet culture.
No. :I

Tiruin must stay with the internet so that she can give everyone fantastic advice and help.

... :l

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #81434 on: September 15, 2014, 08:36:43 pm »

Haven't hung out with the girls across the hall in a while. They're really friendly to everyone, so they probably got other friends. I have seen other guys going in and out of their room occasionally (they're door is right across from me, it's hard not to notice, especially when said guys are loud and obnoxious frat dudes).

What if they got other better friends and moved on? What if Cute Girl got a boyfriend? What if she got a boyfriend and they're banging? Why do I care? Why can I not stop questioning why they've lost interest in hanging out with me and my roommates? What if they actually never liked me and were just being super nice and polite but actually pitied me and were repulsed by me aaaaaand now I'm socially anxious.

Welp, RIP friendship with girls across ye hall. I barely knew ye.

I WAS going to say 'ship Tiruin to Joshua', then I remembered what shipping is in internet culture.
Ship it anyway.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 5427 5428 [5429] 5430 5431 ... 8166