Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5426 5427 [5428] 5429 5430 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9415917 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81405 on: September 15, 2014, 06:22:30 am »

Also, what is a sophomore? Junior is grade nine, so (Edit: grade) 11ish?

US high school grades 9-12 are colloquially called Freshman (9), Sophmore (10), Junior (11) and Senior (12). High school generally starts between the ages of 13-15 (birth month can cause significant variation), ending between 17 and 19.
Um, tiny question here (given that we're changing grading systems nationwide into that kind of system...)
A year or so ago, we had our grades 1-6; 7-12 years. HS = 13-16; 4 years (1st - 4th).
Err...Why do I hear it is common to work (in many other countries) at 23 years of age?

All-in-all, I need more willpower and, more than anything else, to know what I'm going to do with my life. I don't give a shit what anyone says. My 20s are the shittiest part of my life that I've experienced by far, and no, I didn't say that as a teenager about being a teen.
> Make life goal and pursue it with all your heart? :O
Something you're passionate about and were passionate about since a long, long time ago?

I'm scared of my teen ending.

Adulthood sounds terrible.
Fun fact: Adulthood isn't. It's a combination of decisions and how you handle yourself/your environment, and your values, that contribute to how nice/terrible it is.

I did not enjoy my teens.

At all.
I remember everything from the earliest years of childhood to now. Hooray facing trauma for 8 years \o/

* Tiruin gives hugs to everyone :/
I'm too sick/tired/feverish to think well right now, but I can't fall asleep.
Also, I think I made my girlfriend mad, or at least annoyed at me, but I'm too tired to be able to do anything about it right now.

"I don't need you" is never a good sign, right?  :'(
Wha? D:
Get well soon Kal :<

broken a few hearts. And I'm only seventeen...

Hope you don't mind me asking- how exactly have you 'broken hearts'?
Hmm?
I've had a couple girls like me a lot in a romantic way, and I never have the heart to turn them down when they ask me out. But after a few dates, they catch onto the fact that I'm not as invested as they are and it hurts them a lot.

Good question. If it involved a sledgehammer for example you might actually be evil.
Why do I even talk to humans...
...You could rather keep on talking to humans, and push aside whatever nudges you away. To most of the people here, its quite normal to joke around.
Unless you see the general humanity as full of [negative_attribute] :<
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:29:11 am by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81406 on: September 15, 2014, 07:04:47 am »

Also, what is a sophomore? Junior is grade nine, so (Edit: grade) 11ish?
US high school grades 9-12 are colloquially called Freshman (9), Sophmore (10), Junior (11) and Senior (12). High school generally starts between the ages of 13-15 (birth month can cause significant variation), ending between 17 and 19.
Um, tiny question here (given that we're changing grading systems nationwide into that kind of system...)
A year or so ago, we had our grades 1-6; 7-12 years. HS = 13-16; 4 years (1st - 4th).
Err...Why do I hear it is common to work (in many other countries) at 23 years of age?
In New Zealand, highschool finishes at eighteen, generally. School is compulsory up to the age of sixteen, so some people leave early. Many people will go off to get a university degree or certificate/diploma afterwards. Degrees are (usually) three years, and most people will work part-time while studying.
Long story short, the overwhelming majority of people start working long before 23.
Those that don't will either live on the unemployed benefit, or finish half a decade's worth of study and become teh rich.

Fun fact: Adulthood isn't. It's a combination of decisions and how you handle yourself/your environment, and your values, that contribute to how nice/terrible it is.
This is also lies. Adulthood is terrible. The only way you can make it not terrible are the following:
1. Become apathetic and cease to care about anything.
2. Earn lots of money and surround yourself with things that cost lots of money.
3. Convince yourself with religion/science/scientology that you can either make it better or transcend to betterness.

Personally, I go for a combination of all three. Minus the scientology bit, because seriously, fuck those guys.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81407 on: September 15, 2014, 07:12:14 am »

This is also lies. Adulthood is terrible.[...]
There's always a reason behind everything.
And most differences lie in how interpretations go.
No it ain't terrible :P
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:17:51 am by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81408 on: September 15, 2014, 07:14:29 am »

I guess it's a perspective thing. To me it pretty much always looks like "it's bad until you make it less bad". So yeah. If you're going to work hard for non-terrible adulthood, then unless life gives you some really big hairy lemons and shoves them right up your backside, it'll turn out non-terrible.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:16:06 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81409 on: September 15, 2014, 07:51:53 am »

Adulthood is way better than being a Teen. Hormones are in check, and I'm free to make my own decisions now. I have none of those 3 things, yet am much happier as an adult. High school was terrible.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81410 on: September 15, 2014, 07:53:41 am »

Ive got to say junior high was worse than highschool in my opinion
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81411 on: September 15, 2014, 07:56:16 am »

Oh, well, ya. We did grades 7-8 in the same school as 1-6, but ya, that was all the hormones, none of the freedom, was pretty terrible. At least I got to choose some of my classes in High School.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81412 on: September 15, 2014, 08:19:47 am »

acctualy it wasnt the hormones, it was the kids beating me up and picking on me
then i got to highschool and am twice most of their sizes, they dont touch me anymore

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81413 on: September 15, 2014, 09:27:03 am »

can we just

abolish money

and retail

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #81414 on: September 15, 2014, 09:28:12 am »

It's not the lack of money that's the problem. It's the not having a lot more than other people.

Abolishing money won't solve that. You guys all giving me your money would.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81415 on: September 15, 2014, 09:38:03 am »

Don't worry, just need to make super advanced robots for a post-scarcity society!

I can always dream...

Post-scarcity, in my mind, has always meant you've obsoleted the human race and paved the way for a superior race (robotic or otherwise) to gently enslave humanity or peacefully annihilate us, as they conquer the stars in our stead.

It's not an ideal scenario.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #81416 on: September 15, 2014, 09:38:22 am »

can we just

abolish money

and retail

You can, you're a sovereign state entity.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #81417 on: September 15, 2014, 09:40:49 am »

can we just

abolish money

and retail

You can, you're a sovereign state entity.

The People's Republic of LordSlowpoke. Coming soon to a dystopia near you.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81418 on: September 15, 2014, 09:59:21 am »

Don't worry, just need to make super advanced robots for a post-scarcity society!

I can always dream...

Post-scarcity, in my mind, has always meant you've obsoleted the human race and paved the way for a superior race (robotic or otherwise) to gently enslave humanity or peacefully annihilate us, as they conquer the stars in our stead.

And here's where I chime in, saying that the answer is to BECOME that superior race.

Better living through technology.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81419 on: September 15, 2014, 10:40:15 am »

I can always dream...

And here's where I chime in, saying that the answer is to BECOME that superior race.

Better living through technology.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic
Pages: 1 ... 5426 5427 [5428] 5429 5430 ... 8166