Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5407 5408 [5409] 5410 5411 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424191 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81120 on: September 10, 2014, 01:01:41 am »

Gaming journalism... it's kind of a ridiculous concept.

Kinda wonder why it gets as much attention as it does, for this reason.  I'll read about new technologies and rarely a preview or interview... but otherwise they don't offer anything I care about, and I'm a very much a gamer.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #81121 on: September 10, 2014, 01:05:37 am »

That's because the great big PR machine lives off this sort of stuff
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #81122 on: September 10, 2014, 02:02:56 am »

The things I read about for sociology. At least they say she's relatively happy these days.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81123 on: September 10, 2014, 02:32:08 am »

Ehhhh, not so much the lack of integrity in gaming journalism, because that's like reading about the lack of integrity in Brazilian politics. Old news. But the mudslinging, harassment, using accusations of prejudice as shields, actually being dismissed for addressing prejudice is downright depressing. The fact that whenever feminism and gender issues come up most of society, at least as a rule, seems incapable of civil rational discussion (from all sides of the discussion) is really sad.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #81124 on: September 10, 2014, 03:47:51 am »

I can't stretch my forearms beyond right angle, more or less. Tendonitis. Yay for exercise being healthy -_-
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81125 on: September 10, 2014, 03:57:41 am »

I can't stretch my forearms beyond right angle, more or less. Tendonitis. Yay for exercise being healthy -_-
Yeesh. I used to have tendonitis in my ankles. I can feel your pain.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81126 on: September 10, 2014, 04:33:40 am »

The things I read about for sociology. At least they say she's relatively happy these days.
I-

Okay, I don't even know what to say about THAT.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81127 on: September 10, 2014, 04:40:07 am »

people are pretty terrible in general and sometimes even more than that in particular

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #81128 on: September 10, 2014, 05:06:41 am »

It is now 5 in the morning and I got a class at 8. So that's coolio.

Watched movies, chilled with the girls from the dorm across the hall. Girl-who-likes-drawing-stuff wound up lying in bed next to one of my roommates watching the movie. What's the term for that. Cuddling? Spooning? Whatever, roommate was bragging about it after they left. Dude's got a girlfriend going to another college. Dude's already got several other girls' numbers. He even commented earlier today that drawing-girl is "too skinny for his type." Now he's all like "she's way better up close." He's pretty much proven himself to be a womanizing dick.

But hey, it's not like I'm jealous or anything. Not like I like drawing-girl or anything. Not like she's one of the only people I've met in college so far who actually was friendly enough to say hi and acknowledge my existence whenever they noticed me or anything. Not like what pathetic little hope I had that maybe I'd actually get a date or something with drawing-girl died today. Nah. It's cool. I'm cool with being lonely forever.

Reeeeeeally can't sleep though. Tomorrow's gonna suck.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81129 on: September 10, 2014, 05:12:36 am »

* Tiruin punches Spehss_ :I
You really have to work on how you perceive what is now and what is a possibility. Them words are really crushing with how impactful you say it (when in reality...could be often said as belittling yourself, or any situation therein.)

Watched movies, chilled with the girls from the dorm across the hall. Girl-who-likes-drawing-stuff wound up lying in bed next to one of my roommates watching the movie. What's the term for that. Cuddling? Spooning? Whatever, roommate was bragging about it after they left. Dude's got a girlfriend going to another college. Dude's already got several other girls' numbers. He even commented earlier today that drawing-girl is "too skinny for his type." Now he's all like "she's way better up close." He's pretty much proven himself to be a womanizing dick.

But hey, it's not like I'm jealous or anything. Not like I like drawing-girl or anything. Not like she's one of the only people I've met in college so far who actually was friendly enough to say hi and acknowledge my existence whenever they noticed me or anything. Not like what pathetic little hope I had that maybe I'd actually get a date or something with drawing-girl died today. Nah. It's cool. I'm cool with being lonely forever.

Liek dat orange part :v

Dates aren't "snap fingers = date :D" [which is my over-exaggerated response] :-\ It's like you're judging the entirety of everything in one single situation...extremely early, too.
Meaning: It feels very much like you're being judgemental...to yourself and others. :\ First is friendship before anything--or rather, specifically, trust. She's friendly. Get to know her. Don't skip to conclusions. Ask her if she wants a date for that matter too.
Also you aren't going to be lonely forever :\

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #81130 on: September 10, 2014, 05:17:56 am »

* Tiruin punches Spehss_ :I
You really have to work on how you perceive what is now and what is a possibility. Them words are really crushing with how impactful you say it (when in reality...could be often said as belittling yourself, or any situation therein.)

Liek dat orange part :v

Dates aren't "snap fingers = date :D" [which is my over-exaggerated response] :-\ It's like you're judging the entirety of everything in one single situation...extremely early, too.
Meaning: It feels very much like you're being judgemental...to yourself and others. :\ First is friendship before anything--or rather, specifically, trust. She's friendly. Get to know her. Don't skip to conclusions. Ask her if she wants a date for that matter too.
Also you aren't going to be lonely forever :\

I find myself looking for a 'like' button for this post.

This makes me sad, for some inexplicable reason.

Also, 5am, don't seem to want to go to sleep despite significant fatigue. My wife is presumably quite upset with me about this, as apparently doesn't sleep as well when I'm not there.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81131 on: September 10, 2014, 06:29:06 am »

I had an inexplicable urge to go on a date with Space Cat for a moment there.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81132 on: September 10, 2014, 06:56:23 am »

I had an inexplicable urge to go on a date with Space Cat for a moment there.
O_o
*Looks at Forum Comedy medal, then understands*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #81133 on: September 10, 2014, 07:58:20 am »

Spehss, next time you bump into her, ask her if she'd like to get some coffee. Proceed with the knowledge that the only thing you can lose is hope*, and you don't seem to have too much of that right now anyway. At some point during the coffee, if she agrees, ask her if she'd like to get together for something more clearly datelike.

*Game theory, y'see. If she's not interested, it doesn't matter what you do. Failure if you do ask leads to the same outcome as never having asked at all, only with fewer regrets because at least you don't have any "what-if"s.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81134 on: September 10, 2014, 08:20:35 am »

Ask her to lunch if you want to be classy.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 5407 5408 [5409] 5410 5411 ... 8167