Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5393 5394 [5395] 5396 5397 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419876 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80910 on: September 06, 2014, 11:51:48 pm »

Lying sideways generally avoids the vomit-choking IIRC (though don't quote me on that... or stake your life on it...) and has the bonus of being more comfortable for most people.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80911 on: September 06, 2014, 11:52:07 pm »

Quote from: Hanslanda
stuff

You should probably barf up what you can before it gets into your system and get some water in there instead.  If you lie down, you might want to do it face down so that you don't choke on your vomit if you pass out.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
It's very unlikely to be booze, for what it's worth.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80912 on: September 06, 2014, 11:56:30 pm »

Well, then I hope the vague impression of what I think it might be is wrong. :<

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #80913 on: September 07, 2014, 12:03:23 am »

*quietly opens mouth and inserts foot*

The explanation for why I assumed you were a guy would start a fight with the other posters, but it has nothing to do with statistics about people on the internet or posting voice or anything like that. So, uh--I apologize for misgendering you, and will get it right in future.

Honestly, it's not actually a big deal...
Besides, you were just trying to help. It's fine.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #80914 on: September 07, 2014, 03:21:05 am »

Just saw Grave of the Fireflies on suggestion of my party guest. Damn :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80915 on: September 07, 2014, 04:12:58 am »

Quote from: Vector
*quietly opens mouth and inserts foot*

I have a new quote for my sig.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #80916 on: September 07, 2014, 06:06:08 am »

Here cheek kisses are very usual. in fact I was the odd one for not doing it back when I started uni.

Anyway, I'm mostly sad because of the situation at my workplace. Which makes me sad indeed, this place's falling to pieces.

I also met the wife of a man who died of an infection some months ago. This made me sad, but the good kind of sad. She was doing ok.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #80917 on: September 07, 2014, 06:13:56 am »

In Belgium cheek kisses are really normal, especially when greeting family members. Not entirely sure how that is with friends considering the fact that I'm 15 so even hugging my friends would probably cause everyone to call me gay (or do it openly instead of behind my back, but w/e).

But hey, it may be different in your culture :V

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80918 on: September 07, 2014, 06:38:40 am »

Descan, can I haz hug?
* Descan hugs Hans-face.

* Sadpanda hugs back.

And today I feel like such a idiot, and I have to go see her later and. She's gonna give me 'That Talk'. It's always phrased all nice like and stuff. They try so hard not to make it hurt.

Wrap a dagger in velvet. Yeah, that'll help.

I am a fool. How come I've known this for ages and I never seem to notice when I'm making mistakes again?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #80919 on: September 07, 2014, 07:01:05 am »

Descan, can I haz hug?
* Descan hugs Hans-face.

* Sadpanda hugs back.

And today I feel like such a idiot, and I have to go see her later and. She's gonna give me 'That Talk'. It's always phrased all nice like and stuff. They try so hard not to make it hurt.

Wrap a dagger in velvet. Yeah, that'll help.

I am a fool. How come I've known this for ages and I never seem to notice when I'm making mistakes again?

Well, at least they ARE trying to not make it hurt. That's gotta mean something.

And you won't be able to see your own mistakes unless in hindsight because human psyche is not optimized for objective reality-measuring. At least you're aware that you're doing that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80920 on: September 07, 2014, 07:06:13 am »

And you won't be able to see your own mistakes unless in hindsight because human psyche is not optimized for objective reality-measuring. At least you're aware that you're doing that.
It actually is :v
Only needs effort and a shift of perception.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #80921 on: September 07, 2014, 07:11:56 am »

Of course, you can improve, but you need to actively monitor yourself for biases.

Funny, now that I think of that, a ton of various psychological quirks in humans are Heisenbugs. They work only as long as you're not aware they exist.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80922 on: September 07, 2014, 07:33:32 am »

Of course, you can improve, but you need to actively monitor yourself for biases.

Funny, now that I think of that, a ton of various psychological quirks in humans are Heisenbugs. They work only as long as you're not aware they exist.
mmm :3
You can also monitor yourself passively, from actively.
Well...at least that's what I observe due to introspection.
Facing fears is difficult as long as you see its difficult.
._.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80923 on: September 07, 2014, 07:58:41 am »

Come with me. I will show you how to punch your fears. Even the existential ones. Especially the existential ones.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #80924 on: September 07, 2014, 07:59:11 am »

There's not enough time in the day these days.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5393 5394 [5395] 5396 5397 ... 8167