Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5385 5386 [5387] 5388 5389 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424056 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80790 on: September 04, 2014, 10:48:05 pm »

look under the giant climbing fort, in the phonics closet, under everyone's desks, she's not anywhere

I keep reading Psionics closet here...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80791 on: September 04, 2014, 10:53:19 pm »

Although the major upshot to becoming a lich is that, once the decay gets far enough, you can engage in competitive skelecoptering.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All I can think of is BOOONESTOOOORRMMM
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #80792 on: September 04, 2014, 10:55:52 pm »

I turned a girl down for prom.
I mean, I was told that is probably the best course of action since I'm not interested nor I want to lead her on but I still feel like a picky bastard.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #80793 on: September 04, 2014, 11:32:13 pm »

All these reoccurring crush shenanigans make me happy I've never had to deal with that shit >.<
I don't know. As much as I've felt heartache and loneliness and embarrassment as a result my crushes (especially when it lead me to accidentally ask out a married girl/lady), I don't think I'd ever want them to go away, even if I eventually end up alone. Maybe that's crazy and messed up, but I'd prefer to want and not have than to not want at all.

And since I'm sort of talking about the subject already, the girl I currently have a crush on (who I kinda sorta was already interested in when I asked out the married one, but there's no need to go into detail about that), hasn't been at work the same time as me for the past two weeks (and the last time she was the married young lady was around, so it felt kind of awkward so I pretty much just said hello to her and then remained elusive for the rest of my shift). I don't know when I'll see her again (it could be tomorrow for all I know), and the prospect of seeing her again has me both scared and excited at the same time.

I'm mostly scared because I want to ask her out, but the idea kinda frightens me because what if she says no or what if she says and we go out and I'm awkward and it doesn't work out or what if it does work out but then I'm horrible to her in some way or maybe it turns out I'm a good boyfriend but everything in our lives change but maybe that's okay but maybe we want to get married but we can't because we're too poor because I dropped out of college or maybe that's okay somehow but maybe we decide to have kids and it turns out I can't stand to spend time with them and they grow up to have emotional problems as a result or maybe...

But I'm excited because she's cute and seems rather smart and she just makes me feel happier when she's around. And holy shit, what if the things I'm worried about worked out?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #80794 on: September 04, 2014, 11:43:59 pm »

I think you might be overthinking this a little tiny bit. Ask her out sometime though, you never know until you try. Good luck!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #80795 on: September 04, 2014, 11:58:31 pm »

look under the giant climbing fort, in the phonics closet, under everyone's desks, she's not anywhere

I keep reading Psionics closet here...
Damn, that would have made school downright awesome.
I spent a lot of time actually learning in that closet, whereas all the other stations around the first grade classroom were mostly play stuff; let's make sentences out of dinosaurs! Rwar! Let's play with the model Titanic! Let's look at picture books!
Whereas I actually learned to read. :P But if I had learned to create psychic tornadoes, that would have been so much cooler.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #80796 on: September 05, 2014, 12:23:25 am »

Another night of not getting any sleep whatsoever, huzzah and rejoice.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #80797 on: September 05, 2014, 12:34:08 am »

I think you might be overthinking this a little tiny bit. Ask her out sometime though, you never know until you try. Good luck!
Oh course I know this, but they wouldn't be called irrational fears if they made sense or didn't scare me on some level.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #80798 on: September 05, 2014, 12:56:09 am »

All these reoccurring crush shenanigans make me happy I've never had to deal with that shit >.<
I don't know. As much as I've felt heartache and loneliness and embarrassment as a result my crushes (especially when it lead me to accidentally ask out a married girl/lady), I don't think I'd ever want them to go away, even if I eventually end up alone. Maybe that's crazy and messed up, but I'd prefer to want and not have than to not want at all.

And since I'm sort of talking about the subject already, the girl I currently have a crush on (who I kinda sorta was already interested in when I asked out the married one, but there's no need to go into detail about that), hasn't been at work the same time as me for the past two weeks (and the last time she was the married young lady was around, so it felt kind of awkward so I pretty much just said hello to her and then remained elusive for the rest of my shift). I don't know when I'll see her again (it could be tomorrow for all I know), and the prospect of seeing her again has me both scared and excited at the same time.

I'm mostly scared because I want to ask her out, but the idea kinda frightens me because what if she says no or what if she says and we go out and I'm awkward and it doesn't work out or what if it does work out but then I'm horrible to her in some way or maybe it turns out I'm a good boyfriend but everything in our lives change but maybe that's okay but maybe we want to get married but we can't because we're too poor because I dropped out of college or maybe that's okay somehow but maybe we decide to have kids and it turns out I can't stand to spend time with them and they grow up to have emotional problems as a result or maybe...

But I'm excited because she's cute and seems rather smart and she just makes me feel happier when she's around. And holy shit, what if the things I'm worried about worked out?
Take it from me: Despite all my failures (quite a war record on my front; many casualties, no victories; and at my age, this would look sad... Look again.), I'm at least proud of myself that I had the balls to try all those times.

I may no longer be a knight in shining armor these days; but dammit, this rust bucket of armor is still fucking intact, flexible, and functional for it's purpose. It's some good armor, as if it was crafted from God Himself; forged and tempered by the fires of Hell. I mean, the amount of abuse it has taken, and the mere fact it can still do it's job despite all the crap it went through. That's something to take some pride in. If you failed, don't look at it as a failure, but the fact that you tried again; where many others usually up and quit, instead.

Of course, this is based on a quote I found:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:01:02 am by Itnetlolor »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80799 on: September 05, 2014, 01:13:11 am »

all these nerds having problems with crushes and i'm just sitting here

three different people expressing romantic interest towards my person

it's an unique brand of meh

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80800 on: September 05, 2014, 04:06:16 am »

LSP, I didn't actually mean it when I said that I love you. I'm sorry.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #80801 on: September 05, 2014, 04:13:31 am »

I do but it's

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80802 on: September 05, 2014, 04:39:24 am »

lemon sir you weren't even on the list

none of you are

just fyi

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #80803 on: September 05, 2014, 04:40:23 am »

I do but it's

Depends on perspective? :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80804 on: September 05, 2014, 04:55:46 am »

A fractal pattern?

Platonic? Oh, I see. Clever.
Pages: 1 ... 5385 5386 [5387] 5388 5389 ... 8167