Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5384 5385 [5386] 5387 5388 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9421475 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80775 on: September 04, 2014, 05:23:58 pm »

*looks up theremin performances on YouTube*

What type of blasted devil witchcraft went into that box?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #80776 on: September 04, 2014, 05:27:01 pm »

All these reoccurring crush shenanigans make me happy I've never had to deal with that shit >.<
Someday I'll transcend these meatbag emotions like attraction and love. Obviously I just need to be alone another twenty two years. Then I'll become a wizard.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80777 on: September 04, 2014, 05:53:47 pm »

Failed drum test in band again due to anxiety. ;-;
Now I have to use the cymbals, which are way simpler.
I feel shameful  :-[

Shhh, my friend failed the gong during a performance. You're fine.
I play the theramin, so I'm not much use in bands. :-(
Personally talk to your teacher or instructor--tell them about your anxiety; detail why you couldn't do the test right, and ask them in person if they may think about it.

Well, crushing bout of depression over being denied the chance to take the girl I wanted to prom, by that girl.
I guess this is probably a really silly thing to be so dang heart-crushed about, but darn, I'm not used to dealing with emotions.
There is another person I want to ask, but asking someone else within such a short time frame makes me feel like I'm being desperate.
I know how you feel, bro.
* miauw62 manhugs facekillz.

Which brings me to my sad, which is that I'm still not over my crush after two months.

I've had crushed that I could get over for years. As hard as it is, we need to move on....Because everyone else has.
> Stop assuming.
The perception you have here is not shared by others (given that they're seeing the result of your thoughts rather than all your thoughts and your actions; thought is one thing you yourself see first, alone, before it may be seen by others, if my words make any sense in their convoluted semantics at the moment due to exams.)

To tell the truth, we're all nervous, twitchy and omgwhatwillhappen at that time, and many other times in life.
You just have to do it if you see no bad repercussions in truth. Be honest with yourself; will assuming things like those equal a fact in the future or are they just a possibility, then if a possibility, does that fully stop you from doing it?

Talk to her, mate. :I
We aren't going to bite your face off if it comes off as I:-ey. Most times, its just like how other people will comment--we're going to poke you on it, then you talk, then we talk...
Nothing to fear but fear itself.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #80778 on: September 04, 2014, 06:12:11 pm »

How do you fail a gong?  ??? Miss entirely?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #80779 on: September 04, 2014, 06:17:52 pm »

It was at the end of the song, they did a big build up and he forgot to hit it... Then he hit it five seconds late after someone hissed his name.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #80780 on: September 04, 2014, 06:21:50 pm »

It was at the end of the song, they did a big build up and he forgot to hit it... Then he hit it five seconds late after someone hissed his name.
Oh, that's not a fail. That's comedic timing.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #80781 on: September 04, 2014, 06:30:46 pm »

Don't worry Cmega. Even the God Emperor of Mankind had to work his way up from simple cymbal player to interplanetary conqueror.

He also learned to play the drums on the way, but that's irrelevant because, y'know, TRILLIONS OF FLASHLIGHTS AAH

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #80782 on: September 04, 2014, 06:58:50 pm »

Fuck my preferences fuck my interests fuck my friends fuck everything why does everything I stand for suck so much.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #80783 on: September 04, 2014, 08:28:18 pm »

Guys keep telling me they like me/want to date me, and I just go "I already have a girlfriend..." and I feel mean turning them down.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80784 on: September 04, 2014, 08:34:49 pm »

Don't worry Cmega. Even the God Emperor of Mankind had to work his way up from simple cymbal player to interplanetary conqueror.
I'll have you know that I've never played cymbals before.

Also, as a not-really-that-sad-but-more-sad-than-any-other-emotion-for-which-there-is-a-thread, I have an appointment with a psychologist for next week. Mental... stuff, and all that.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:38:33 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80785 on: September 04, 2014, 09:22:59 pm »

Guys keep telling me they like me/want to date me, and I just go "I already have a girlfriend..." and I feel mean turning them down.
Keep em as friends maybe? :O It Doesn't seem mean at all given its a response to their request. :P
Err, it isn't mean. My formatting tripped there. ._.

Fuck my preferences fuck my interests fuck my friends fuck everything why does everything I stand for suck so much.
Maybe...its your perception, dude. The answer to your 'why', I mean. :-\

Edit: I read it first as 'why does everything suck so much' ._.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #80786 on: September 04, 2014, 09:59:19 pm »

All these reoccurring crush shenanigans make me happy I've never had to deal with that shit >.<
Well, I'm glad that I don't anymore...
But I had two awkward crushes as a kid. Before I went, "Meh, screw it I'll just never screw anyone because that shit's gross".
My first one, I was in first grade (everyone, say 'aw'). It was valentines day (Everyone, brace yourselves). I brought a hand-picked gift for her, and junk cards for everyone else (Everyone, hold onto your seats). I remember it was an expensive Hasbro product (And here's where you should really start going uh-oh). I look around the classroom, she's not there (Uh-oh x2 combo). I look under the giant climbing fort, in the phonics closet, under everyone's desks, she's not anywhere (Uh-oh x3 combo!). My heart is crushed, and I ask the teacher if the girl is sick. Nope. She's in the school, and not-even aware I exist. She's been moved to the second grade, because she's smarter than I am. I do the dumbest thing ever: Throw out the hand-picked gift (I'm told the teacher took it and took it to my crush in the second grade classroom later).
My second crush, I was in second grade, different school. I refused to go to a school where such an evil heartbreaker went (and my parents say that they had been worried about the bullies there, who apparently teased me for my Aspurger's Syndrome (Ass-burgers, real creative, eh?), though I don't remember the bullies). So different school. I fall in love with someone in the eighth grade. Yeah. My parents still have photos of me sitting on her lap from the valentines dance (with her real boyfriend standing behind/beside her). Two years later, she graduates, and the result on my psyche is predictable: Wah.
So eventually I realized that it's not females I'm attracted to, it's intelligence. Which is why I spend so much time on these forums. Where I'll never bother anyone with my yucky DNA fluid. Because of all the creative, smart, wonderful people who make my life fulfilled.

Someday I'll transcend these meatbag emotions like attraction and love. Obviously I just need to be alone another twenty two years. Then I'll become a wizard.
But then you're saddled with the wizardly emotions and the responsibilities of saving the world and training the next batch of wizards. Stay alone for another 50 years after becoming a wizard, be a Lich. Even less emotional baggage and shit, no responsibilities whatsoever. No need to even hold a job, since you don't need to eat or drink anymore, and don't need shelter or sleep either.
And once you're a lich, I urge you to go a step further and experiment with enough magic to rise to the level of Demilich.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80787 on: September 04, 2014, 10:22:58 pm »

I seem to be having more 12+ hour shifts lately :<
Like tonight, for instance.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80788 on: September 04, 2014, 10:29:33 pm »

But then you're saddled with the wizardly emotions and the responsibilities of saving the world and training the next batch of wizards. Stay alone for another 50 years after becoming a wizard, be a Lich. Even less emotional baggage and shit, no responsibilities whatsoever. No need to even hold a job, since you don't need to eat or drink anymore, and don't need shelter or sleep either.
And once you're a lich, I urge you to go a step further and experiment with enough magic to rise to the level of Demilich.
Hey! No stereotypes! Many liches also have to worry about the same things as regular people!  :P
They need to drink lots of milk to keep their bones strong.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #80789 on: September 04, 2014, 10:42:49 pm »

Although the major upshot to becoming a lich is that, once the decay gets far enough, you can engage in competitive skelecoptering.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5384 5385 [5386] 5387 5388 ... 8167