Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5374 5375 [5376] 5377 5378 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429923 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80625 on: September 02, 2014, 12:36:30 am »

I'll also admit that there's a core membership of super-memorable and constructive-natured people that I love to see around.  Gryph was one of them.
Yes. I'd rather people stayed and defended their opinions, as by leaving they help facilitate the very change in average attitudes that they dislike. Even if they're not on the same side of the issue as I am.

I don't have the energy to fight anymore. I have a 40-hour workweek across two freelance jobs and don't get weekends off. I'd rather spend all my time that's left studying math and creating things, rather than arguing with people about what they think about women doing math and creating things. Barely read the forums anymore, actually.

I just miss people posting about their creative things when they leave because of fights. But I'm not out to force anyone to say. Just saying I'll miss people.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80626 on: September 02, 2014, 12:40:57 am »

I imagine that, as they are married and have a 10-year-old (?) together, they have probably talked about it.
Probably, but you'd be surprised at the sheer scale of issues that are sometimes left to fester.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80627 on: September 02, 2014, 12:46:15 am »

I imagine that, as they are married and have a 10-year-old (?) together, they have probably talked about it.
Probably, but you'd be surprised at the sheer scale of issues that are sometimes left to fester.
Leaving things to fester (otherwise similar to 'leaving things to be assumed') isn't nice in relationships...It's like leaving the road rough for anyone else to pass in that direction, to be metaphorical. :S

Open communication?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #80628 on: September 02, 2014, 01:20:18 am »

Yeah, it's not a communication problem.  It's that we're a really awful match for each other, but we ended up together by a bizarre set of circumstances, then had a kid, and do genuinely care about each other.  We've been together for 13 years.  Our 10-year wedding anniversary is actually a couple months away.  We understand our thing and just do our best to deal with it in our own ways.

She has actually improved a lot on the stuff I mentioned, but that hasn't prevented me from also evolving into behaviors that don't provoke her issues.  Most of the time I can socialize mostly normally anymore and I do relax and do so once in a while, but then there will be some random outburst of conflict over something and it will remind me of how things used to be and I'll revert to being reclusive... because nobody can understand how much that sucks as a social situation until they've experienced it.

I don't have the energy to fight anymore. I have a 40-hour workweek across two freelance jobs and don't get weekends off. I'd rather spend all my time that's left studying math and creating things, rather than arguing with people about what they think about women doing math and creating things. Barely read the forums anymore, actually.
Yeah, me, too. I'm not going anywhere in the near future, though. I've said it before, and I mean it: this is my internet home, although I do find myself in fewer and fewer threads nowadays (mostly just the feels threads, and my own game thread like, once every few months.)

I also don't have the time and energy to keep up with the forums like I used to, which makes me sad.  I rarely check the feels threads anymore :/

As depressing as FedEx was, I do miss having time to browse while at work.  Even though I would get in trouble for it, I got my work done.  Now if I tried, I wouldn't get my work done, and get in shitloads of trouble.

Anyway, anyone who wants to should add me on Steam.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:33:12 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80629 on: September 02, 2014, 02:07:41 am »

...FedEx.

Why does that sound familiar. I'm probably just being stupid again.

Anywho, yeah. I have no plans on leaving this forum for a while.

I really hope this sudden introspection on the shifting trends of the forum doesn't cause a mass exodus :(

...look, i'll level with you

who cares if it does?

if people leave the forum, it's not like they throw a hissy fit and say "i'm qutiting bay12 4evaaaaa"

it's their decision and sure some of them were important to others

but you just try keeping them around against their will i'm sure that'll work out great for you

D-did...Did LSP just make sense?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #80630 on: September 02, 2014, 02:13:10 am »

I really hope this sudden introspection on the shifting trends of the forum doesn't cause a mass exodus :(

...look, i'll level with you

who cares if it does?

if people leave the forum, it's not like they throw a hissy fit and say "i'm qutiting bay12 4evaaaaa"

it's their decision and sure some of them were important to others

but you just try keeping them around against their will i'm sure that'll work out great for you
* Dutchling throws LSP in his basement

We'll stay friends forever ヽ(๏∀๏ )ノ

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #80631 on: September 02, 2014, 02:22:50 am »

Let the team at work down. I hate other people having to pick up my slack.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80632 on: September 02, 2014, 02:39:41 am »

i'm making more "sense" than usual because my wizerdry is all but capped out by people i actually care about

like wow

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80633 on: September 02, 2014, 02:40:15 am »

He does love us!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80634 on: September 02, 2014, 02:42:05 am »

I love you too, LSP!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80635 on: September 02, 2014, 02:51:40 am »

i'm making more "sense" than usual because my wizerdry is all but capped out by people i actually care about

like wow
...You don't normally make sense?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #80636 on: September 02, 2014, 03:15:35 am »

-snip-
Update on this, while she is still in an induced coma, she was able to grab and pull out one of the bolts/rods in her leg while orderlies/nurses were holding her down, so that's... news. Also, they found her phone and they now think she got distracted by her phone, saw the tree and accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #80637 on: September 02, 2014, 03:19:59 am »

-snip-
Update on this, while she is still in an induced coma, she was able to grab and pull out one of the bolts/rods in her leg while orderlies/nurses were holding her down, so that's... news. Also, they found her phone and they now think she got distracted by her phone, saw the tree and accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake.
Well, it's good news that she's conscious. It sounds like she has a painful recovery ahead of her, but a recovery nonetheless. Hopefully they let you see her soon.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #80638 on: September 02, 2014, 03:35:41 am »

-snip-
Well, it's good news that she's conscious. It sounds like she has a painful recovery ahead of her, but a recovery nonetheless. Hopefully they let you see her soon.
She isn't conscious. She did that while still in a coma.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80639 on: September 02, 2014, 03:47:36 am »

And a really trivial sad, why is almost all Christian metal really mediocre? You'd think someone would manage it.

Much for the same reason that Christian Rock is also generally not that great They focus more on "The moral alternative to traditional X" than they do on "X drawing on Christian themes and imagery." Several of the more mainstream heavy metal groups have drawn quite heavily on Christianity for a song or two, and done it quite well.

WELCOME TO MY WHEELHOUSE

Metal/Hard Rock range CM

Oh Sleeper - The Family Ruin
Oh Sleeper - Hush Yael
Norma Jean - Sword in Mouth, Fire Eyes <- best use of shark in music video format??
Day of Fire - Jacob's Dream
Project 86 - The Spy Hunter
Project 86 - My Will Be A Dead Man
Dead Poetic - The Corporate Enthusiast
Dead Poetic - Glass in the Trees
The Showdown - Head Down
mewithoutyou - Torches Together
The Captive - Champion

Stryper - To Hell With the Devil >___>!!

(also a fan of their cover of Heaven and Hell actually.)

Rock Range CM

Jennifer Knapp - Dive In <- Ignore the top comment, my favorite explicitly Christian rocker IS a lesbian, yes.
Delirious? - Heaven
Number One Gun - Forest
Mute Math - Plan B
Neon Horse - Cuckoo
Emery - In Shallow Seas We Sail
House of Heroes - Burn me Down
Devin Shelton - Agree to Disagree
Plumb - Unforgivable <- man, I'm dating myself here >___>;
Adam Again - Relapse <- annnnd again

Sources:

Grew up listening to Christian music basically exclusively, and then I got put in charge of the music section of the Christian bookstore I started working at and I had to make recommendations based on what people liked. Also have a brother who still exclusively listens to Christian music, but only the heavy stuff -- though I've never actually been a fan of much of the metal he tosses out there for me to listen to. :3 (the above are generally exceptions)
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /
Pages: 1 ... 5374 5375 [5376] 5377 5378 ... 8167