Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5373 5374 [5375] 5376 5377 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430891 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80610 on: September 02, 2014, 12:06:05 am »

You be sure to send me your contact info too, Redking. And Salmongod.
Yeah, me, too. I'm not going anywhere in the near future, though. I've said it before, and I mean it: this is my internet home, although I do find myself in fewer and fewer threads nowadays (mostly just the feels threads, and my own game thread like, once every few months.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #80611 on: September 02, 2014, 12:07:01 am »

I'll also admit that there's a core membership of super-memorable and constructive-natured people that I love to see around.  Gryph was one of them.
Yes. I'd rather people stayed and defended their opinions, as by leaving they help facilitate the very change in average attitudes that they dislike. Even if they're not on the same side of the issue as I am.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #80612 on: September 02, 2014, 12:10:34 am »

Outgrowing forums is a certainty. That is, unless you die.

Of course, this statement sounds inane when you think about it mathematically, but oh well.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #80613 on: September 02, 2014, 12:12:59 am »

I really hope this sudden introspection on the shifting trends of the forum doesn't cause a mass exodus :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #80614 on: September 02, 2014, 12:14:35 am »

Since we've broached this topic, might as well shamelessly advertise here and say that anyone can PM me asking for my Steam/Skype if they want.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80615 on: September 02, 2014, 12:16:10 am »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:29:44 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80616 on: September 02, 2014, 12:16:56 am »

I really hope this sudden introspection on the shifting trends of the forum doesn't cause a mass exodus :(

...look, i'll level with you

who cares if it does?

if people leave the forum, it's not like they throw a hissy fit and say "i'm qutiting bay12 4evaaaaa"

it's their decision and sure some of them were important to others

but you just try keeping them around against their will i'm sure that'll work out great for you

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80617 on: September 02, 2014, 12:19:04 am »

but you just try keeping them around against their will i'm sure that'll work out great for you
Most cases, this can apply--the cases in the situations of recent time, however, are not in these kinds of extremes.

They may quit, we will miss them--contact, however, does not break along with their lack of presence. Keep in contact with those you care about and give respect to their decision. We're all but an influence to their choice.

That said, take care y'all. Wishing you well from halfway around the globe here. :D

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #80618 on: September 02, 2014, 12:20:32 am »

Sad to see you guys leave though. Sadder, however, to see the proliferation of what causes you to leave. :S

I haven't been here that long, but I have to agree.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #80619 on: September 02, 2014, 12:22:12 am »

This statement made me realize that I'm quitting bay12 4evaaaaaaa---

Ha, no. I am kinda surprised I'm still here though. Don't play DF all that much now.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80620 on: September 02, 2014, 12:22:25 am »

* II walks into the thread

* II weeps uncontrollably
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #80621 on: September 02, 2014, 12:30:17 am »

who cares if it does?

if people leave the forum, it's not like they throw a hissy fit and say "i'm qutiting bay12 4evaaaaa"

Well... for me, it's kind of a weird thing...

I've been sort of a recluse because I'm married to a very jealous, needy, emotional person.  Someone who can literally never get enough attention and doesn't understand why I can't give her all the attention she needs, even though she knows I'm very introverted.  So when I'm found paying attention to other people, it inevitably leads to fights.  So I've become more and more reclusive as long as we've been together.

But a game forum offers an opportunity to be social and develop some camaraderie without paying specific attention or obviously close to any specific person, thus not leading into drama.  Even though I may not act like it in a normal fashion, I consider some people here to be pretty good friends in a weird way...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80622 on: September 02, 2014, 12:33:06 am »

You could talk about that thing with her. It seems like a slight(?) in her perception there... :S
As in, talk about it from a curious viewpoint? Why does she do that? It doesn't lead to effective results, and knowing you--you aren't the kind of person to leave others [I'm bad with wording at the moment, apologies]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80623 on: September 02, 2014, 12:35:17 am »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:29:29 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #80624 on: September 02, 2014, 12:36:01 am »

who cares if it does?

Well... for me, it's kind of a weird thing...

I've been sort of a recluse because I'm married to a very jealous, needy, emotional person.  Someone who can literally never get enough attention and doesn't understand why I can't give her all the attention she needs, even though she knows I'm very introverted.  So when I'm found paying attention to other people, it inevitably leads to fights.  So I've become more and more reclusive as long as we've been together.

But a game forum offers an opportunity to be social and develop some camaraderie without paying specific attention or obviously close to any specific person, thus not leading into drama.  Even though I may not act like it in a normal fashion, I consider some people here to be pretty good friends in a weird way...

I agree. Even if not everyone views it this way, we've all laughed and cried together in a sense, and so I feel like the people and community here matter to me.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 5373 5374 [5375] 5376 5377 ... 8167