Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5364 5365 [5366] 5367 5368 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419984 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80475 on: August 29, 2014, 01:56:44 pm »

Anyone ever have anxiety/panic attacks? They're not fun, and I've been have one consecutive anxiety attack since about the time I was discharged from the hospital. I hate feeling this way and I especially hate knowing that this may just be my new state of being for a while.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #80476 on: August 29, 2014, 04:00:59 pm »

Good luck Allee, and whilst I realise this may be the stupidest advice ever, try not to let it get on top of you. Things can always get better!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80477 on: August 29, 2014, 06:04:41 pm »

Computer diagnosis in.

Mobo and processor fried, but they have no idea how. So my choices are to either replace the parts or to buy a new desktop and salvage what I can from the old one. Given that more components work than don't, and how much each option would cost, I'm more inclined for option A, even though I'll be waiting longer. This sucks, as I also need to get a new laptop for school. This one is most definitely not up to the school's requirements.

And in a slight WTF, it turns out my processor isn't even made anymore.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80478 on: August 29, 2014, 06:09:57 pm »

Don't give up on the cat. I know some people who just found their cat after it was missing for longer than that.
We have had two of our cats go missing, both for months.  One of them just turned up again one morning at our door, waiting to be let in like always.  The other showed up at our old house, over thirty miles away.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80479 on: August 29, 2014, 06:21:02 pm »

Anyone ever have anxiety/panic attacks? They're not fun, and I've been have one consecutive anxiety attack since about the time I was discharged from the hospital. I hate feeling this way and I especially hate knowing that this may just be my new state of being for a while.

Yeah.  :<

It's easier to cope with when you know what it is, but it's still hard.  I don't have full ones often, but I get limited symptom attacks at least every week or two, it seems.  Even those can make me stop what I'm doing for a while.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #80480 on: August 29, 2014, 07:41:10 pm »

Never consistently, but the one or two times I've unwittingly medicated* myself into them were shit. I hope that "a while" passes soon, you deserve better.

*Don't mix caffeine and pseudoephedrine and piracetam, kids.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #80481 on: August 29, 2014, 08:06:37 pm »

REading through RPG manuals, I had an idea for a campaign I'd really be interested in playing in, but have no desire to run. It is unlikely that anyone else would want to run it either.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #80482 on: August 29, 2014, 08:20:09 pm »

REading through RPG manuals, I had an idea for a campaign I'd really be interested in playing in, but have no desire to run. It is unlikely that anyone else would want to run it either.
Speaking as the official "Worst GM for the Job", I might be interested in the idea.
Which RPG, and what was the idea?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #80483 on: August 29, 2014, 08:29:13 pm »

It was while reading a GURPS book, and involved a setting update, taking the traditional Standard Fantasy Setting (with magic, goblins, elves, etc.) and moving it to a more modern one such as the American Colonial era, the Victorian (NOT steampunk) era, or the World Wars. Not exactly an Urban Fantasy sort of thing, nor a Magitek one, it's tricky to explain the distinction I'm trying to make here.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #80484 on: August 29, 2014, 09:55:33 pm »

I had an idea for something like that, once. Here, have the very stupid campaign setting notes I've still got saved. I'm still proud of some of them, although I can no longer read the phrase "Goebbels Golem" without breaking down into laughter. He was made of propaganda posters >________>

Not well-balanced in terms of attention. Never finished it so lots of places didn't get the love they need, or even get addressed at all. I should go back to it one day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #80485 on: August 29, 2014, 10:08:38 pm »

That sounds very interesting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #80486 on: August 29, 2014, 10:35:45 pm »

So it is to WW2 what Shadowrun is to cyberpunk.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80487 on: August 29, 2014, 10:48:45 pm »

Ugh. I've lost all of my photoshop skills. Not that they were great to begin with, but still. Sad.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #80488 on: August 29, 2014, 11:04:34 pm »

It was while reading a GURPS book, and involved a setting update, taking the traditional Standard Fantasy Setting (with magic, goblins, elves, etc.) and moving it to a more modern one such as the American Colonial era, the Victorian (NOT steampunk) era, or the World Wars. Not exactly an Urban Fantasy sort of thing, nor a Magitek one, it's tricky to explain the distinction I'm trying to make here.
No, I think I get it.

I haven't tried GURPS, but the setting is interesting nonetheless, and I think I'll flesh it out in a worldbuilding sense so that it will be easier for GMs to run campaigns in it. If/when I do, I'll start a new thread for it, but I'm intrigued by the Magical American Colonial Era idea and want to do something with it.
I'll have to do some more research into the era, I know very little about it at the moment.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #80489 on: August 30, 2014, 08:51:31 am »

Someone with whom I had a pretty close friendship has been acting rude and distant for the last two weeks.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 5364 5365 [5366] 5367 5368 ... 8167