Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5360 5361 [5362] 5363 5364 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9417923 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80415 on: August 28, 2014, 06:05:12 pm »

* Tiruin hugs everyone here. :'(

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #80416 on: August 28, 2014, 06:25:47 pm »

Another client came after me, hurray....

He was caught on tape and pled out for 30 days jail, all suspended as long as he paid the court fees, fines, restitution, etc. It couldn't have been more than 2 thousand dollars, they have 0 interest payment plans, and as long as you convince the judge you are trying, they'll leave you alone. He would've never served a day in jail had he just paid the court something. Of course he paid them nothing and ran. Non payment contempt = he has to serve all or part of those 30 days....

Guy never paid one single cent of his fines--nothing for over a year. He also never showed up in court and hid, so of course he had arrest warrants out for contempt etc. I can't imagine why they didn't absolutely love him... Of course, he thinks this is my fault....

Fuck it.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #80417 on: August 28, 2014, 07:27:06 pm »

So, one of my parents' friend's son was assaulted last night and was later pronounced legally dead.

However, he's still got a sliver of life in him and he's on life support. They're hoping for a miracle, but I don't know.  :-\

My parents learned about this while I was at school, so that was fun coming home to... :(
Here's hoping he pulls through. That's pretty scary stuff, especially not knowing until later.

Do they know the perpetrator?
I think they arrested a guy about an hour and a 1/2 ago.

I haven't heard anything about his condition recently.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #80418 on: August 28, 2014, 07:35:44 pm »

@Truean On one hand, I'm sad for you for having to put up with that guy and him being mad at you for no good reason. On the other, I'm laughing at the client for being so stupid.

Edit: My own sads today is that I had my last co-worker run out on me under the pretense of lunch, only she never showed up again (I don't know why, I just know that it wasn't me at least).
So my bosses send someone from another store to help me, so here I am training the fourth person new to my job in as many days, praying that my co-worker who's son is terminally injured will be able to return with her son sometime soon and they'll both be perfectly fine, and that HER mom will return to work soon too. And directing other people while I'm across the kiosk doing something else is taking as much time as if I had just finished what I was doing and gone and done that task myself.
Then she finishes at 2:00, since she's put in her legal limit of work for the day. So the office sends the manager for a whole different wing of the building to help; once again, doesn't know what to do. However, mercifully, he had worked in this kiosk before, so he knew some of it after refamiliarizing himself, while I trained him on the 30 new products that were introduced since last he worked with me.

I'm training my own bosses, and running out of co-workers. And spent several hours completely on my own while there was a line-up of 15 people. Something is wrong with this picture.

I get the long weekend off, as we aren't open (we're a Tim Horton's Kiosk within a College, and we aren't open when the school is locked up), but all the students return for another year starting Tuesday. We haven't been able to hire enough staff yet, because one boss said we're not allowed until September. We haven't received any resumes. The bosses prefer hiring non-students because college schedules are hard to make work schedules around. So it will be me, maybe my supervisor (the critical condition kid's grandmother), and maybe one other person who took a week's vacation and has been gone 8 work days so far. We also start longer hours once the students start.

And the customers walking up and telling Burger King jokes is getting old. Fast.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:47:04 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80419 on: August 28, 2014, 08:03:44 pm »

@Truean On one hand, I'm sad for you for having to put up with that guy and him being mad at you for no good reason. On the other, I'm laughing at the client for being so stupid.

Edit: My own sads today is that I had my last co-worker run out on me under the pretense of lunch, only she never showed up again (I don't know why, I just know that it wasn't me at least).
So my bosses send someone from another store to help me, so here I am training the fourth person new to my job in as many days, praying that my co-worker who's son is terminally injured will be able to return with her son sometime soon and they'll both be perfectly fine, and that HER mom will return to work soon too. And directing other people while I'm across the kiosk doing something else is taking as much time as if I had just finished what I was doing and gone and done that task myself.
Then she finishes at 2:00, since she's put in her legal limit of work for the day. So the office sends the manager for a whole different wing of the building to help; once again, doesn't know what to do. However, mercifully, he had worked in this kiosk before, so he knew some of it after refamiliarizing himself, while I trained him on the 30 new products that were introduced since last he worked with me.

I'm training my own bosses, and running out of co-workers. And spent several hours completely on my own while there was a line-up of 15 people. Something is wrong with this picture.

I get the long weekend off, as we aren't open (we're a Tim Horton's Kiosk within a College, and we aren't open when the school is locked up), but all the students return for another year starting Tuesday. We haven't been able to hire enough staff yet, because one boss said we're not allowed until September. We haven't received any resumes. The bosses prefer hiring non-students because college schedules are hard to make work schedules around. So it will be me, maybe my supervisor (the critical condition kid's grandmother), and maybe one other person who took a week's vacation and has been gone 8 work days so far. We also start longer hours once the students start.

And the customers walking up and telling Burger King jokes is getting old. Fast.

To improve your day I will say this:
You work at a Tim Horton's Kiosk in a College, you are a god amongst men! Oh bestower of caffinated glory unto the masses, I praise you.

Also, is it really laced with crack? I can't drink any other type of coffee the same day I've had a Tim Hortons Coffee...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #80420 on: August 28, 2014, 08:10:33 pm »

I can honestly say that no, it's not laced with crack. At least not after it's brewed. If it gets put in the grounds, then it's very well disguised, because I can't see any, but that would be where they introduce it if there is. But I have doubts that it is, since crack would do awful things to our plumbing (If it's not finished off in 20 minutes it goes down the drain) if it existed in those quantities.

It's a hard job, let me tell you. And somehow I've earned the reputation that if I'm over 5 minutes late, something is wrong call the authorities. All this office drama just makes it harder.

I know I just got off a 3-month vacation, but is it too late to start another one? Yes, it's too late? OK, but don't blame me if I'm the only one there and your coffee is late.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80421 on: August 28, 2014, 09:18:54 pm »

You work at a Tim's?

*Koss salutes.

Glory to the best damn donuts money can buy.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #80422 on: August 28, 2014, 09:52:19 pm »

So Tim Hortons is a coffee shop, and a doughnut shop? Sounds nice.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80423 on: August 28, 2014, 09:56:31 pm »

As a baker at Timmy's, hold the front line, flabort. You do good work. Good, hard, hard work. And I am thankful every day that I get to stay in the kitchen most of the time.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80424 on: August 28, 2014, 09:57:01 pm »

Just so long as the doughnuts are sold hot and dusted with cinnamon. None of this icing nonsense some places try to peddle.

My sad: looks like I never saved the text file containing my previous signature. :(
Unless I somehow saved it in a really weird place, it's gone.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80425 on: August 28, 2014, 10:41:45 pm »

I really hope the quality of Tim Horton's doesn't go down because they were bought. Fuckin' Burger King.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80426 on: August 28, 2014, 10:45:53 pm »

I really hope the quality of Tim Horton's doesn't go down because they were bought. Fuckin' Burger King.
Not bought. Merged.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80427 on: August 28, 2014, 10:52:43 pm »

Not bought. Merged.
So, then, BK donuts? I wonder if Tim Horton's will begin delivery service? That'd be pretty awesome, actually.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80428 on: August 28, 2014, 11:02:53 pm »

Not bought. Merged.
So, then, BK donuts? I wonder if Tim Horton's will begin delivery service? That'd be pretty awesome, actually.
Nono, they're staying the same. Y'know Gamestop and EBGames? Think that.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #80429 on: August 28, 2014, 11:03:23 pm »

[business] Burger King joined Tim Hortons to do what is known as inversion. In short, America has Mclargehuge Corporate taxes compared to...Canada, so BK's solution to increase its bottom line is to merge with Tim Horton and become Canadian. Of course, Tim Horton's also occupies a large market segment for breakfast foods, so there's also that reason.

Have it Your Way, Eh? [/business]

Fun fact: Burger King's majority stakeholder is 3G Capital...of Brazil
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:05:15 pm by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 5360 5361 [5362] 5363 5364 ... 8167