Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5358 5359 [5360] 5361 5362 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9416703 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80385 on: August 27, 2014, 11:08:31 pm »

I think I have the same problem as Space Cat. It's not so much "dealing" with everyone at once, but their presence is... unnerving.
Supermarkets, for example, are one of the more terrifying locations I visit during my everyday life.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #80386 on: August 27, 2014, 11:23:44 pm »

Sorry, but I have to say that being anti social won't help you make friends...cause that usually involves being social.
I am well aware of this, brah. Also, antisocial != asocial.

I regret saying anything now. I realize it's stupid as shit to be all "wah, i'm lonely but don't try to make friends, wah wah".
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #80387 on: August 27, 2014, 11:24:21 pm »

Join a club? Or *gasp* a fraternity??
The problem with that is that it involves people. And regular social gatherings of groups of people. Who I don't know. Yeah. I'm not good at people. Really not my thing.

I usually don't mind being by myself most of the time, except when I really think about it. I think too much. I'd imagine a fraternity would fix that by providing booze to drown my anxiety away, but then I'd have the new problem of being a depressed alcoholic. Because I'd probably develop alcoholism from trying to drown anxiety away. And again, fraternity sounds like there'd be people and groups. Not my thing.

I'm just having a lousy day of worrying about things too much.
So this mostly depends on a few factors. First is what major you're in. Many of them in more technical fields will have some sort of labs, which may be a good place to meet others in your department. If you're around enough, eventually pretty much everyone will feel comfortable talking to you, and you to them. Though that also depends on the quality of the labs. Another thing is whether you have a car. Most college students probably won't, but if you do, you can go to off campus events and such and everyone will want to be your friend so they can go to off-campus too.

The most important thing to remember though: no one there knows who you are. If you want to completely change your personality and such, now is when you should do it. There will be no lost friends, no judgement from peers or parents. You want to be a social butterfly? Well congratulations, all past stigmas and judgements about your loneliness and friendliness are gone. Nobody knows you, and nobody knows anyone else either. So I advise you take that opportunity. Unless you've got a diagnosis, you can make people your thing, though it will be hard and take effort. And you probably won't be as good as it as most others. But you can. If nothing else, try to do it for the networking for any future potential career.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80388 on: August 28, 2014, 12:34:50 am »

I came to a realization that I have no marketable skills other than a very basic knowledge of 3d work and drafting, have no real education other than a highschool that I flunked, and no real hope of earning more than my current dead-end job that barely gives me enough to pay my monthly expenses.

What the hell am I doing getting a kid?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80389 on: August 28, 2014, 12:37:51 am »

Congrats, you've achieved more than I ever will.

Remember, no matter how bad it gets, you coulda been me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80390 on: August 28, 2014, 12:44:28 am »

I came to a realization that I have no marketable skills other than cage fighting, have no real education other than a highschool that I just barely passed because I'm super lazy, and no real hope of earning more than my current dead-end job that doesn't even remotely give me enough to pay my monthly expenses.

That was me before my kid. You're a good dude with awesome mustache growing abilities and a sensible outlook on life. You'll do just fine, bro.

Congrats, you've achieved more than I ever will.

Remember, no matter how bad it gets, you coulda been me.
Oh, come off it. If you don't like who you are, change. If you aren't worried about it enough to change, then it's not really a problem, now is it?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80391 on: August 28, 2014, 12:46:04 am »

Shush, you're ruining all the motivation I'm trying to provide here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80393 on: August 28, 2014, 06:00:46 am »

I came to a realization that I have no marketable skills other than a very basic knowledge of 3d work and drafting, have no real education other than a highschool that I flunked, and no real hope of earning more than my current dead-end job that barely gives me enough to pay my monthly expenses.

Not going to lie, your going to have a hard time getting by.

But he/she is always going to be worth it mate. You would be suprised how easy a little tykes smile triumphs beans 5 nights a week in a shitty unit.  :)
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80394 on: August 28, 2014, 06:50:21 am »

Kids are the ultimate motivator. You have no idea what you can do until you go out and do it. If you're good with computers you've got a leg up on a tonne of the workforce already. Add some previous job experience (look, I've worked here for 5 years and they STILL haven't fired me, I must be doing something right), and you'll be surprised what options are opened up to you. I went from before kids being a Uni drop-out working a temporary part time minimum wage job, to being a full time employed with benefits and nearing on 3 times minimum wage over the course of like a year.

Also, depending on where you live, look at government support options. You can easily get several hundered dollars a month where I live, 100 bucks per kid from the federal gov. and a sliding scale dependent on income from the province.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, you can do it! You can be the parent! And no matter what, your kid will love the living hell out of you, because you're awesome and you deserve it.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80395 on: August 28, 2014, 10:35:13 am »

My advice: Practice the fuck out of your 3d work. Abuse free samples of training courses. Pirate Solidworks or AutoCad (Not sure if Architecture or Engineering drafting?) and learn one of those really well. It's going to be hard but it is entirely possible to become very employable in that area. Next step is to make friends with the people that would employ you. Find a small company (This won't work with big corps) and be honest about your skills and education. Write it well. If they see value in hiring you, it matters jack if you don't have a degree.

You could have a kid, but imho right now, if you want to pull yourself out of a deadend job, you should be spending as much time as you can trying to work your way out of it. Otherwise, yeah, you will be stuck.

Src: personal experience, similar.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #80396 on: August 28, 2014, 10:52:36 am »

Man.

I know I just posted about this in the happy thread last night. But Wasteland 2 is just great so far.

Why is that sad? Full release isn't till september 19th.

Image that sums up my feelings. Somehow.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80397 on: August 28, 2014, 10:57:48 am »

Man.

I know I just posted about this in the happy thread last night. But Wasteland 2 is just great so far.

Why is that sad? Full release isn't till september 19th.

Image that sums up my feelings. Somehow.

your feeling is the feeling that i feel deeply

the visual aid helped

[insert fluff here]

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #80398 on: August 28, 2014, 10:58:42 am »

We can be condom fish buddies.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80399 on: August 28, 2014, 11:10:53 am »

Well, my current job uses both Autocad and 3dsmax, in a local developers' office, so I'm kind of already doing that, even if they don't pay much.
Pages: 1 ... 5358 5359 [5360] 5361 5362 ... 8167